Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 2 Post By OrangeSlice

Thread: 32 Grisly Animal Attacks That Prove Humans Can't Control Nature

Default 32 Grisly Animal Attacks That Prove Humans Can't Control Nature

"NSFL" I feel very sorry for the victims and their families, but somehow my heart breaks for some of the creatures.

1. Bethany Hamilton was bitten by a shark.

In 2003, 13-year-old Hamilton's left arm was bitten off by a tiger shark while she was surfing in Hawaii. She suffered the loss of 60% of her blood, but made a full recovery and still surfs to this day.

2. 222,
    Musa Jelle was attacked by hyenas.

10-year-old Musa Jelle was mauled by a pack of hyenas, along with the rest of his family, in Wajir, Kenya. Two other children in the family died as a result, but Musa was airlifted to Nairobi and received medical care that allowed him to live.

3. Charla Nash was mauled by her friend's chimp.

Nash was attacked in 2009 by her friend's chimpanzee, who mauled her face so badly that she lost her eyes and nose. She survived the attack but needed multiple reconstructive surgeries. The chimp, Travis, was shot by police during the incident.

4.An elephant trainer in Kerala, India was trampled by his own elephant.

During a festival in Kerala, India, an elephant - who was supposedly tame - went on a rampage, killing its trainer and injuring about 20 other people.

5. Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard were eaten by a bear.

The environmentalist and his girlfriend were killed in 2003 by a large male grizzly bear. When their ride came to pick them up, he found an empty campsite. Upon further investigation, parts of Treadwell and Huguenard were found scattered around their campsite.

6. Dawn Brancheau was killed by an orca.

In 2010, the Sea World Orlando trainer was killed by Tilikum, an orca, during a show. The whale caught Brancheau by her ponytail and dragged her to the bottom of the pool, then bit her around the waist.

7. Jenna O'Grady Donley was gored to death by an elephant.

25-year-old Donley was an Australian veterinarian, about to present her thesis on renal failure in big cats. She visited a nature preserve in Borneo with a friend, on a vacation to celebrate the end of her schooling. A pygmy elephant - which can still grow to about 9 feet tall - charged her, piercing her with its tusk, killing her instantly.

9. Taylor Mitchell was killed by coyotes.

The Canadian singer was hiking in 2009 in Cape Breton Highlands National Park when she was attacked by a pack of coyotes. She was taken to the hospital to treat the severe bite wounds she received, but the blood loss was too much, and she died shortly thereafter.

10. Stephan Miller was fatally bitten by the bear he was training.

In 2008, animal trainer Stephan Miller was doing a routine training exercise with a 700-lb. grizzly bear named Rocky when the animal suddenly bit him in the neck. Miller died almost instantly.

11. Steve Irwin was lethally stung by a stingray.

Steve Irwin, AKA The Crocodile Hunter, was killed in 2006 while filming an underwater documentary about deadly sea creatures. A stingray stung him in the chest, killing him almost instantly. ( Bindi will be a contestant on Dancing With The Stars on Sept 14th).

12. Joe Ramonetha was attacked by a lioness.

Ramonetha had retired from zookeeping, but returned to work because of staff shortages in 2012. He was attacked while feeding the lions by an 11-year-old lioness. Allegedly, some of the gates that should have been closed were left open, making it much easier for the lioness to attack Ramonetha.

13. Darla Napora was mauled to death by her own pit bull.

32-year-old Napora, who was a vocal advocate on behalf of pit bulls, was mauled to death by her two-year-old pet pit bull, Gunnar, in 2013. She was pregnant with her first child at the time.

14. Phil Bronstein was bitten on the foot by a venomous Komodo dragon.

The journalist and editor (and former Mr. Sharon Stone) was attacked by a Komodo dragon at the Los Angeles Zoo. The lizards are venomous, but Bronstein's injuries were limited to the crushing of his big toe - the dragon bit his foot.

15. Taylor Hubbard was bitten in the face by a Siberian husky.

The Miss Teen USA contestant was attacked by a Siberian husky, requiring 200 stitches to repair her mangled face.

16. A Swedish zookeeper was killed by wolves.

The zookeeper, who is unidentified, was killed by a pack of eight wolves that she'd worked with since they were puppies. Other employees had to push the wolves back to recover her body.

17. Andrew Oberle was attacked by chimpanzees.

A student at the Goodall Institute in South Africa, Oberle got too close to the chimpanzees in their enclosure, bypassing two safety gates to get to them. He survived, but lost several fingers and toes and had injuries down to the bone in other places.

18. Roy Horn was mauled by his own white tiger.

One half of Siegfried and Roy, the tiger-loving entertainment duo, was bitten in 2002 during a performance. A 600-lb. white Bengal tiger named Mantecore attacked Horn, who survived, but was in critical condition for weeks following the attack.

19. Bryan Jeffrey Griffin was drowned by an alligator.

In 2003, 12-year-old Griffin was swimming in the Dead River when a 10-foot alligator snatched him and pulled him under the water. Griffin could not escape and drowned.

20. Horatio Chapple was killed by a polar bear.

A group of Norwegian teenagers was visiting the Arctic on a school trip when a polar bear attacked their campsite. The bear killed one boy, Horatio Chapple, and injured several others. The bear was shot dead soon after the attack.

21. A wild leopard attacked a whole village in India.

In 2011, the village of Prakash Nagar was terrorized by a wild leopard who wandered in, attacking several villagers, including the guards intended to protect the village from such an attack. No humans died, but the leopard died as a result of the humans' attack with knives and batons.

22. Phyllis Johnson was attacked by a kangaroo.

In 2011, a rogue kangaroo attacked 94-year-old Johnson as she hung her laundry in her yard. She attempted to fend it off with a broom, but to no avail. She ultimately recovered.

23. Maddox Derkosh was killed by a pack of African painted dogs.

A 2-year-old boy was looking at the African painted dogs exhibit at the Pittsburgh Zoo and suddenly jumped from his mother's arms into the enclosure below. He bounced off the net intended to catch debris and into the exhibit, where the pack of dogs mauled him to death.

24.Shaiunna Hare was crushed to death by a python.

In 2009, 2-year-old Shaiunna Hare was crushed to death by her mother's 12-foot-long Burmese python, who had escaped from her cage as Shaiunna's mother and her boyfriend slept. Both the mother and her boyfriend were convicted of aggravated manslaughter for their role in the death of the girl.

25. Carlos Eduardo Sousa Jr. was attacked by an escaped tiger.

Tatiana, a Siberian tiger who had previously bit a zookeeper, escaped from her enclosure at the San Francisco Zoo and attacked three visitors, injuring two men and killing 17-year-old Carlos Eduardo Sousa, Jr.

26. Wes Perkins was mauled by a bear.

Alaska resident Wes Perkins and a friend were chasing a bear on a snowmobile - which is honestly kind of a mistake - when the bear attacked him. He actually managed to survive, needing almost 30 surgeries to recover from the vicious mauling.

27. Fabio was attacked by a bird.

Fabio was attacked by a bird while riding on a roller coaster. He had a bloody nose, but was all right shortly thereafter.

28. Christian Walliser lost his hand to a tiger.

During the "Dinner Circus" show in 2009, tiger trainer Christian Walliser was pinned to the ground by three of his trained tigers. They bit his head and torso and even tore off one of his hands. He survived the attack and still works with tigers.

29. Dil Bahada was drowned by a giant catfish.

In 1998, 17-year-old Dil Bahada was swimming with friends in the Kali River in Nepal, and was suddenly taken underwater by an unknown creature. The creature turned out to be a goonch catfish, AKA bagarius, which is a giant species of catfish that lives in parts of Asia. They can weigh up to 200lbs!

30. Ofir Drori was almost drowned by a crocodile.

In December of 2013, a wildlife conservationist named Ofir Drori was canoeing in the Omo River in Ethiopia when a 10-foot-long crocodile attacked his canoe and bit him in the leg. Drori managed to free his leg, since they were in relatively shallow waters, but the crocodile got him back and took him deeper still. Drori freed his leg a SECOND time, swam to shore, and made himself a tourniquet to stem the bleeding from the giant bite in his leg. After wandering in the forest for hours, he managed to find some local people who helped him to safety.

31. Lucas Ransom was killed by a great white shark.

In 2010, college student Lucas Ransom was boogie boarding near Santa Barbara, California, when a great white shark suddenly violently attacked him. His friend Mathew Garcia dragged him ashore, but his leg had been bitten off and Ransom lost too much blood and died quickly thereafter. Authorities were able to identify the shark by its bite marks, left on Ransom's boogie board.

32. Robert Boardman was gored to death by a mountain goat.

In 2010, the 63-year-old man was eating lunch with his friends in Olympic National Park when a mountain goat approached them. The group was excited at first, but the goat became aggressive and charged Boardman, goring him repeatedly in the thigh. The Coast Guard was called in because the park was too far for EMTs to arrive, but Boardman had lost too much blood and died before they got there.

33. Azaria Chamberlain was killed by a dingo.

In the early 1980s, the world was shocked when a baby girl disappeared from the Northern Territory in Australia. Her mother, Lindy, said that the baby had been taken by a dingo. However, the evidence pointed to foul play by a human, and Lindy Chamberlain was convicted of murder. However, the conviction was overturned in 1991, and in 2012, a coroner confirmed that the baby was, in fact, taken by a dingo.

Last edited by Witchywoman; September 9th, 2015 at 07:26 PM.

One correction - Fabio hit the bird, not the other way around. He was on a high-speed roller coaster at the time.

Also, the subject line needs a "NSFL"

With the exception of the ones that were injured by fucking with the animals I cannot imagine feeling more for the animals.

Seriously? The little kid attacked by hyenas? Azaria Chamberlain? Taylor Mitchell? Smh.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    One correction - Fabio hit the bird, not the other way around. He was on a high-speed roller coaster at the time.
    Wow.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    Wow.
    From an eyewitness:
    as the riders hurtled toward the ground at approximately 70 mph. A goose who had been nesting nearby flew into the path of the speeding coaster car. Best anyone can tell, the goose hit the front of the car, breaking its neck. The bird's carcass then flipped upward, striking Fabio on the bridge of his nose and causing a cut that would later require three stitches. No bones were broken, but there was some swelling.

Witchywoman likes this.

Aw man. I hope death was swift for the bird.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

Just wait until the animals have guns!
    witchcurlgirl and gas_chick like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

29. Dil Bahada was drowned by a giant catfish.

Freaking river monsters! That creeps me out!
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

As the list went on, I stifled a grin but the pics in #s 10 and 11 made me giggle and it was downhill from there...yeah I'm a bad, bad person.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Thread Information