Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bluebonnet

Thread: Man Aimed For Armadillo, But Ended Up Getting Shot Himself.. (bwhahaha ;)

Elite Member

Default Man Aimed For Armadillo, But Ended Up Getting Shot Himself.. (bwhahaha ;)

Man Aimed For Armadillo, But Ended Up Getting Shot

Man Shot By The Bullet He Intended For Armadillo | Complex

By Frida Garza

Image via Wikimedia Commons

In Tyler, Texas, a man was hospitalized after he shot at an armadillo—only to have the bullet ricochet off the animal's hard outer shell and hit him in the head. According to news station KLTV 7, he was only sustained minor injuries and was treated for them.

Officials from the Cass Country Sheriff's department are investigating the shooting—but what is there to investigate? The man told officials that he "felt compelled" to take aim at the armadillos "after seeing it on the highway." Checks out with us. After all, this isn't the first time we've heard of someone getting shot by a bullet intended for these sturdy mammals.

Dude Accidentally Shot Mother-In-Law After Run-In With Armadillo

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/04/mother-in-law-shot-thanks-to-armadillo

By Frida Graza

In perhaps the weirdest story to come out of Lee County, Georgia, a 54-year-old man accidentally shot his mother-in-law after firing a bullet that bounced off an armadillo he intended to kill.

The sheriff's deputies reported that Larry McElroy shot the armadillo in question with a 9 mm pistol — Why? Don't question it, it's the law of the land. If an armadillo tries to step you, you have to let that little guy know who's boss.

The armadillo died, but its thick armor caused the bullet to ricochet off of it. The bullet actually went through the back of a recliner where McElroy's mother-in-law, Carol Johnson, was sitting, and hit her in the back.

"Just the circumstances, just all the way around, the whole situation is unusual," Bill Smith, Lee County Sheriff's investigator, told news station WALB.

Uh, yeah. Johnson has been taken to the hospital, where she was walking and talking on her own, according to Smith. "It didn't appear to be too severe," said Smith, because that is just the price of doing business in Georgia. Johnson is expected to recover.

Still, Smith recommends that residents, whether they live in the city or the country, be safe about shooting armadillos on their property. He also had some advice about how to do it: "I really think if they're going to shoot at varmints and whatnot, maybe use a shotgun ... with a spread pattern with a lot less range."

*Or they could just leave the Armadillo's alone! ...

That's funny. But I hope the Armadillo is okay.

Elite Member

Found another article on the story..

A man in Texas tried to shoot an armadillo, but the bullet ricocheted and hit him in the face

A man in Texas tried to shoot an armadillo, but the bullet ricocheted and hit him in the face | Business Insider

Lisa Maria Garza Today at 7:46 AM

(Not the actual armadillo. Biologist Rodrigo Cerqueira holds an armadillo, named Ana Botafogo in honor of the Brazilian dancer, at the Rio Zoo in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Wednesday, May 21, 2014.)

DALLAS (Reuters) – An East Texas man was wounded after he fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff said on Friday.

Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said the man, who was not identified, went outside his home in Marietta, southwest of Texarkana, at around 3 a.m. on Thursday morning. He spotted the armadillo on his property and opened fire.

“His wife was in the house. He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three times at the armadillo,” Rowe said.

The animal’s hard shell deflected at least one of three bullets, which then struck the man’s jaw, he said.

The man was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut, according to Rowe.

The status of the animal is unknown.

“We didn’t find the armadillo,” the sheriff said.

(Editing by Jon Herskovitz and Sandra Maler)

Ugh, don't shoot these guys, they're cute! I mean, I know they dig up gardens and stuff, but just no. I don't think I've ever even seen one alive.

I briefly had a pet baby armadillo when I was a kid. We would let him swim in the pool with us and feed him celery and carrots but after about two weeks, he stopped eating and was lethargic and my dad sat me down and explained to me that armadillos need to live in dirt and be digging all the time to thrive. So we set him free. He was so cute!
    I'mNotBitter and Janet296 like this.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Thread Information