Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Cat Claims Baby Crib as His Own

Default Cat Claims Baby Crib as His Own

Cat Claims Baby's Crib As His Own

Who's the baby?

When Reddit user Max Brown and his wife had a crib built for their baby girl, who is due in a few weeks, their cat Finn made himself right at home in it. Brown shared a photo to Imgur last week of the 20-pound feline sprawled out in it.
    "I find him in there every few days and pull him out right away," he wrote. "My wife came and got me yesterday and when I saw him I figured I'd get a picture before taking him out."

Brown's father-in-law, a carpenter, now plans to build a second crib just for the cat.
    "When the baby starts using the crib, our plan is to keep the door closed while she is in there," Brown shared in an email to The Huffington Post. "In the process of this photo going to the front page of Reddit (where I originally posted it) we got tons of input and advice from other people who've been in similar situations with their cats and cribs. Mainly we heard when it was all said and done it ended up not being an issue. But just for good measure my wife is going to ask her dad to build a new kitty bed for him so he doesn't feel left out."

Cat Claims Baby's Crib As His Own
    LaFolie, Froogy, Brookie and 8 others like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

We went through this not too long ago.
    *DIVA! likes this.

heh, my 5 yr old gets out of bed every night, in the middle of the night, to get into our bed. At which point, our big Siamese gets into his bed and sleeps there 'til morning.
    KrisNine likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Who's got a fuzzy tum-tum?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

He's daring you to scratch it.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

The sainted helicopter moms of Facebook have lost their freaking minds!!
    twitchy2.0 and msdeb like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    heh, my 5 yr old gets out of bed every night, in the middle of the night, to get into our bed. At which point, our big Siamese gets into his bed and sleeps there 'til morning.
    My four year old does this and because the dog likes to sleep with her, he decides to get in bed with us, too

I'll have to dig up pics of our cat sleeping in all the things we had for our daughter when she was born. The crib, the swing, the bouncer, etc. Everything was designed to be soft and cuddly, just the way a cat likes things.
    *DIVA!, ManxMouse, msdeb and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    I was waiting to for this. The cat will kill the baby mafia.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    He's daring you to scratch it.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I love that crib cat.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Shit, there isn't a damn thing in this house that one of the cats doesn't own.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I was waiting to for this. The cat will kill the baby mafia.
    My poor daddy who is in his 80's actually believed that old wives tale that a cat could "steal a baby's breath" when the baby is sleeping. When my sister was pregnant and her cat took the crib over, much like the kitty in the picture above, he said 'You better get rid of that cat! It'll take that baby's breath in the middle of the night!!" We're all like: "Daddy. That's an old wives tale. That is physically impossible for a cat to steal anyone's breath."

I think that was a result of a long time ago, when babies died of SIDS before people knew what it was, they had to blame something and it was usually a cat because often times, the cat was in the baby's room. Probably because the cat knew something was wrong and was trying to let the parents know.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^Well, a cousin of mine found their cat sitting ON their first baby's face in the crib several times. They didn't get rid of the cat, but they did make one of their spare rooms into a cat's paradise with all kinds of stuff for cat entertainment and got a second cat. After a while it was okay and they had only minor problems when the second baby arrived. All kids and cats survived.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    ^Well, a cousin of mine found their cat sitting ON their first baby's face in the crib several times.
    Yikes!! Yeah, come to think of it, it would make sense that a cat might think that new little creature is just a heating pad. "Oh look!" says the cat. "A warm thing just for me! Let me take a nap on it!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information