• 2 Post By Serendipity
  • 2 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 1 Post By nwgirl
  • 2 Post By *Wookie-Chick*
  • 1 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 1 Post By Pleiades

Thread: Yulin Dog Meat Festival - Please sign

Default Yulin Dog Meat Festival - Please sign

There are lots of petitions out there, this is to take place this coming weekend. It is just unimaginable torture and cruelty, I can't believe human beings can be so depraved and monstrous to be capable of these acts. Please sign if you care, maybe it will stop this.

https://www.change.org/p/mr-chen-wu-...-meat-festival
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Error 520 Ray ID: 1f8205278f330293 • 2015-06-17 21:59:24 UTC

Web server is returning an unknown error

Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

The one I linked works for me, but try this one:

https://www.change.org/p/mr-chen-wu-...-guangxi-china

If that one doesn't work for you either and you want to sign, consider googling for other petitions, there are many out there. Maybe all the signatures will help stop this.

that one worked. i signed it, but didn't donate
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Signed it.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    that one worked. i signed it, but didn't donate
    I didn't notice a donation link, I just tried to find a replacement petition since the first one didn't work for you. Anyway, thanks for signing it, I hope many more people do and that it actually makes a difference.

Done. I will never understand why it's acceptable to treat any animal this way. If these were humans, the people responsible would be condemned and sentenced to a lengthy prison term because it's deemed cruel, unacceptable to society and inhumane. So why does another living thing have to suffer this and its torture celebrated? Animals experience the same fears and pain as a human. Angries up the blood how stupid some people are and just can't see this for what it is. It's about time we cracked down on this type of behaviour and hold the same standards as we do toward another human being!
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

These people are monstrous, they must be completely void of even a shred of compassion or empathy.
    Serendipity and Mivvi21 like this.

Signed. Note to anyone who has a heart: Don't watch the videos or google it and watch the videos. I'm disgusted.
    Serendipity likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Elite Member

Finally worked up the nerve to come into the thread

Just found this article containing a glimmer of hope in the form of this wonderful lady called Yang Xiaoyun, who adores animals (bless her heart).

Meet Yang Xiaoyun, A 65 Year Old Retiree Who Is Saving Dogs From The Yulin Meat Festival

Meet Yang Xiaoyun, A 65 Year Old Retiree Who Is Saving Dogs From The Yulin Meat Festival

Anjali Bisaria

June 21, 2015

5.2k Shares

While we sit, tweet, share and criticize the horrors of Yulin Dog Meat Festival, a superhuman is currently saving thousands of ill-fated dogs from landing into the psuedo-aching bellies of the pompous. Yes, meet Yang Xiaoyun, a 65 year old retiree AND superhuman, for she has travelled nearly 2,659 kilometers to buy the helpless pooches directly from the dealers and take them home with her.

barkpost.com

Yang Xiaoyun is a former school teacher who put her pension to good use and converted her Tianjin home into an animal shelter. Known as the “Common Home for Stray Animals”, the safe house lodges nearly 1500 dogs and 200 cats, whom she fondly refers to as her "children". And she really does take care of her pets as her own - by preparing their meals and feeding them with her own hands.

Reshareworthy

Determined to save the dogs from getting slaughtered at the Yulin Dog Meat Festival, Yang has saved up to 50,000 Yuan that approximately translate into 8000 dollars!
    She has set her mind to purchase these helpless beings from their ruthless dealers at Yulin and bring them to her safe house at Tianjin. Last year, Yang rescued 360 dogs from the festival.

Reshareworthy

It hasn't been an easy journey for Yang. Sacrificing and constantly putting her life in danger, Yang has come a long way.
    Her efforts have not gone waste as she has managed to rescue and adopt dogs from a number of horrific fates, one being this Festival itself.

Yang promises to "never give up on them". Watch the following video to know more about Yang's incredible journey so far.

Words fall short to applaud Yang's strength of character and her selfless love for the animals. Share her story and let the world know that superhumans such as her also exist.

*Also there is an appeal set up to help Yang and her babies Total Giving - this appeal: Help Mrs Yang and Yulin rescuers save dogs - No To Dog Meat Foundation - Fundraising Page.
    ConstanceSpry and Pleiades like this.

Thank you for that, Wookie. I read there were (are, as this is still going on today) quite a few people demonstrating and more who bought dogs and cats to save them. But so many were and are still being tortured and killed. CNN tried to film them and were threatened with knives and other physical violence. I just don't understand how human being can inflict such suffering on sentient creatures. I know there is terrible suffering in the meat industry in general, but this is a whole new level of legal torture.
    Serendipity likes this.

At the risk of sounding culturally insensitive, the Chinese have no real history of animal welfare or protections, and in fact, just the opposite. A travelogue I read a couple of years ago talked about how people could go to zoos there and dangle live chickens over a lion's den, and they would laugh and laugh as the chicken slowly got ripped to pieces. Brutal but an eye-opening view into how the culture generally sees animals.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

^^ I just read some reviews of Beijing Zoo on trip advisor and I take back my thoughts about younger people there trying to make changes. Maybe a few, but obviously not most. china truly is hell on earth for animals. what a shameful country, these people are called human but they have absolutely no humanity.
    Also found this article, not only chickens but goats, and children clapping about it. Unbelievable. Animals torn to pieces by lions in front of baying crowds: the spectator sport China DOESN'T want you to see | Daily Mail Online
    Last edited by ConstanceSpry; June 23rd, 2015 at 12:31 PM.

Bronze Member

Signed. My heart just breaks.

Thread Information