• 5 Post By Clubber Lang
  • 1 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 1 Post By KrisNine
  • 1 Post By Trixie
  • 1 Post By Witchywoman
  • 2 Post By McJag

Thread: Game Hunter Trampled to Death While Hunting

Default Game Hunter Trampled to Death While Hunting

Since there's been so much animal cruelty in the news lately, I thought I'd post one where the animal wins
    Hate it for him, of course....

Game Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant
    Sara C Nelson
    Huffington Post UK Posted: 17/04/15 12:13 Updated: 18/04/15 08:59
    A professional game hunter has been trampled to death by an elephant while leading a hunt with an American client in Zimbabwe.

Ian Gibson, 55, was tracking animals in Chewore North in the lower Zambezi Valley of Zimbabwe, when the young bull elephant “began a full charge.”

Paul Smith, the managing director of Chifuti Safaris which employed Gibson, told The Telegraph: "We don't yet know the full details of how 'Gibbo' as we called him, died, as the American client and the trackers are still too traumatised to give us full details."

In a note on the website of Safari Classics, the company explained Gibson had been searching for a target for five hours when they stopped for a rest.

"It is with deep sadness to announce the passing of Chifuti Safaris professional hunter Ian Gibson," the note said.

Ian Gibson was killed by a charging African bull elephant
    "Ian was tragically killed by an elephant bull earlier today while guiding an elephant hunt in Chewore North."

It adds: “Feeling he was quite close to the elephant, Ian and his tracker Robert continued to follow the tracks in hopes of getting a look at the ivory as the client stayed with the game scout.”

Gibson’s tracker indicated the elephant was in “musth” – a condition where the animal’s urge to mate goes into overdrive and it becomes overly aggressive, but Gibson continued.

The note continues: “They eventually caught up with the bull, spotting him at about 50-100 metres. The bull instantly turned and began a full charge.

“Ian and Robert began shouting in order to stop the charge. At very close range, Ian was able to get off one shot before the bull killed him. The scene was very graphic.”

It is not known if the animal was killed in the incident.

Gibson is paid tribute to as “a fine man and one of the most experienced professional hunters on the African continent.”

The same company lost a staff member in 2012 when Owain Lewis was killed by a buffalo, NewZimbabwe reports.

Game Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant
    Froogy likes this.

In the "D"

Team Elephant.

Does anyone know what happened to the poor thing? The elephant, not the idiot hunter.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I'd also like to know what happened to the elephant, but I bet the other assholes in the group killed him. Too bad this guy didn't bite it years ago. Here's part of the article I linked:
    The American hunter was on his first trip to Zimbabwe, and only has one leg, but was "fit and strong" and had already shot a leopard. Mr Gibson was scouting for lions when he encountered the elephant.
    Elephant kills professional big game hunter in Zimbabwe - Telegraph
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Elite Member
    On Howard Stern's Sybian

In the immortal words of Nelson Muntz, "Ha-ha!"
    Brah, ikmccall, twitchy2.0 and 2 others like this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Hanging with the raisin girls

I hope you're rotting in hell, Elephant hunter.
    Brookie likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Sleepy night night land

Sorry, got a good laugh out of this one. What a way to go, crushed by a kneeling elephant. Damn.

Totally Team Elephant!
    Honey likes this.

exiled and ostrich sized

Well, this made me smile. Thank you, Karma. And thank you too, Flygirl!
    Flygirl likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

vat of chocolate

Applauding over here, so glad the world has one less hunter. Hope everyone was so traumatized they couldn't shoot the elephant.

Team Elephant.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Elephants don't forget.
    ConstanceSpry and Flygirl like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information