Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Witchywoman
  • 1 Post By Mrs P

Thread: "Aloha Vet" Reality Show

Default "Aloha Vet" Reality Show

Wasn't sure if I should post this in the Tv and Movies or here. It's for animal lovers so I chose this spot. I'm so watching this.

Leilani Farm Sanctuary on National Television

Nat Geo WILD's "Aloha Vet" Reality Show Series

Six episodes starting Saturday, March 21st
    (7 p.m HT, 7 p.m PT, 8 p.m CT, 8 p.m. MT, 8 p.m. AT, 9 p.m. ET)

Dr. Sims performs eye surgery on George, the blind pig

National Geographic's new reality show,
    Aloha Vet
    , will include Leilani Farm Sanctuary in two episodes, including the premiere, set to air March 21st.

Tune in to watch blepharoplastic surgery on George, the blind pig; spay surgery on Veronica the deer; mastitis treatment on Jackie the goat; and spaying of rescued kittens.

Dr. Sims, "The Barefoot Vet" "Aloha Vet" is a takeoff on the British series All Creatures Great and Small, which dramatized life at a country veterinary clinic in 1949. It follows veterinarian Dr. Scott Sims, who flies his plane (which he built) around the Hawaiian islands to take care of animals.

Dr. Sims performs eye surgery on George, the blind pig

Leilani Farm Sanctuary is grateful for the opportunity to demonstrate compassion for animals to millions of viewers, and it is our hope that the animal rights movement will be strengthened as a result of this exposure.

About the Sanctuary
    Home to goats, rabbits, geese, donkeys, cats, pigs, ducks, deer, tortoises and chickens, Leilani Farm Sanctuary is located on an 8-acre farm in Haiku, Maui. It is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization created to provide shelter and care for rescued animals, humane education to the community, and model of compassionate living.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/N...id=vWblRZHLbkA

msdeb likes this.

Sorry for the goofy format it just wouldn't copy and paste neatly.

Thanks for posting this! I'll have to look into watching the show!
    Witchywoman likes this.

"Aloha Vet" is a takeoff on the British series All Creatures Great and Small, which dramatized life at a country veterinary clinic in 1949

So they're admitting that these "reality" shows are actually fiction???

oh and researcher, "all creatures great & small" was based on a whole series of books, written incognito by Alf Wight.
    Free Charmed.

Vets should not be barefoot. Intestinal parasites anyone?

Anyone watching this right now? Oh my god the horse the horse.

Kauai veterinarian, reality show star dies of cancer

[IMG]http://cloudmedia.staradvertiser.com/images/660*420/20150401_scott_sims_Aloha_Vet_3064.jpg[/IMG]
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    In this undated photo provided by National Geographic Channels, veterinarian Dr. Scott Sims, the star of Nat Geo Wild's new "Aloha Vet" series, is seen on the shore near his facility at Kilauea on the island of Kauai. (AP Photo/National Geographic Channel)

Scott Sims, the barefoot veterinarian from Kauai who turned his love of animals into a reality show, died Saturday after a two-month fight with bladder cancer. He was 59.
    His "Aloha Vet" aired this spring on Nat Geo WILD and Sims was in talks for a second season when he was diagnosed.
    Nat Geo WILD announced Sims' death, noting he was "a great guy who truly loved caring for animals."
    "Famous for answering calls day and night to care for his patients, he truly embodied the spirit of our network by always putting animals first, and for that he will be greatly missed," the network said in an emailed statement. "Our only consolation is that we got to share his incredible talent and humanity with the world, if just for one season. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time."
    Sims was popular on Kauai, but he treated animals across the state, flying to other islands in a small plane he built himself. People loved his passion for saving stricken animals -- a guinea pig with a tumor, a goat with a hernia, an unconscious horse in a rocky stream bed. There's even a pig out there that can see again, thanks to Sims.
    Sims said in June that his illness was a reality check with a silver lining.
    "Would I wish this on anybody?" he said. "Of course not. But is it all bad? No, it isn't all bad. I get to tell people I care about that I care about them. And they can tell that to me. And those are good things."

Dr. Scott is the owner of Pegasus Veterinary Clinic located in his home in Hawaii. Along with his two assistants, Dia and Ella, Dr. Scott and his team handle a wide variety of animals, both domestic and wild. His days are anything but boring as he traverses the wild, rural, and oceanic grounds Kauai offers up.
    Photograph by National Geographic Channels
    Dr. Scott Sims on a dive.

He graduated from UC Davis with a B.S. in Zoology in 1979; then UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine in 1984 and co-founded Davis Wildlife Care Association. Scott owned and operated a veterinary clinic in Novato, CA and remained there until 2002 when he transferred the practice to his new residence in Kauai. Scott is single and does not have any kids, except his parrot, Oliver, whom he loves dearly.
    Before Scott arrived, the islands were in desperate need of help. Many animals, both domestic and wild had nobody to answer their call. The locals on the island call him the "Barefoot Vet" because he is shoeless…most of the time. While Dr. Scott mostly performs surgeries and procedures in his office, he's been known to respond emergency calls out in the wild.
    Photograph by National Geographic Channels
    Scott discusses surgery with the patient.

Since Dr. Scott is one of the only vets on the island, his clinic usually has a line out the door. The Pegasus Veterinary Clinic's services are depended on greatly, typically seeing around 20 patients a day. Since Scott's clinic operates out of his home, it's not unusual for him to perform surgeries on some of his toughest cases day or night. His helpful staff—Dia and Ella—are right by his side assisting him in any way they can. Dr. Scott is positively relentless in helping all animals both great and small.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/wild/aloha-vet/articles/meet-dr-scott-sims/

aw that's sad. i watched the show a couple of times after i visited my daughter in Hawaii
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information