Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Honey
  • 1 Post By KrisNine

Thread: Smokey the cliff-top dog rescued in California

Default Smokey the cliff-top dog rescued in California

A dog is lucky to be alive after it became stuck in a cliff crevice in Santa Monica on Monday and had to be rescued by firefighters.
    According to his owner, Smoky – an 80-pound mutt – was at the park when he spotted a squirrel and chased it into some bushes.
    Next thing poor Smoky had fallen down a crevice and was trapped on a cliff at the edge of Pacific Coast Highway.

Smoky, an 80-pound mutt, is lucky to be alive after he got stuck in a cliff crevice in Santa Monica on Monday after he chased a squirrel and had to be rescued by firefighters

The traffic on Pacific Coast highway had to be stopped on Monday afternoon as the daring rescue took place
    Traffic had to be stopped along the Pacific Coast highway as the daring rescue took place, reports NBC4.
    Two Santa Monica firefighters were hoisted up a ladder to try and coax a very scared Smoky from his position.
    Eventually they managed to remove him from the crevice and he was safely returned to his owner on the ground - much to the delight of onlookers.

Two Santa Monica firefighters were hoisted up a ladder to try and coax a very scared Smoky from his position

Eventually the fire men managed to remove Smoky from the crevice and he was safely returned to his owner on the ground - much to the delight of onlookers

Read more: Smoky the dog falls 50 feet down a cliff crevice after chasing a squirrel and has to be rescued by firefighters | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Brookie and palta like this.

Elite Member

Oh my goodness, poor Smoky and the poor squirrel .. dogs will get themselves into no end of mischief, they really are *shoot/chase first ask questions later or never*.. the cheeky rascals.. haha.

Good on those wonderful Firefighters, rescuing him.

Oh Smoky!.. very applicable name in this situation.. being rescued by firefighters.. and his name is Smoky.... (i'll see myself out and stick to my day job).

Wow he really is so lucky to be alive, love firefighters!! I'm not sure I would have seen a dog in that deep high crevice.

This was breaking news last week. The entire newsroom apparently cheered when he was rescued.
    Witchywoman likes this.

Thread Information