Like Tree16Likes
  • 4 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 4 Post By Beeyotch
  • 1 Post By Flygirl
  • 1 Post By Kittylady
  • 3 Post By Kittylady
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By stella blue

Thread: Kitten rescuing cop inundated with marriage proposals after fronting campaign

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Kitten rescuing cop inundated with marriage proposals after fronting campaign

You have the right to remain cute! Hunky cop is inundated with marriage proposals after he just rescued and adopted kitten

• Baltimore police officer Jon Boyer, 26, regularly drops off stray cats and dogs he finds to the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter
    • But when he brought in an adorable kitty last May, the animal shelter posted a heart-melting picture of the pair on its Facebook page
    • The image received more than 4,000 likes and several hundred comments praising his selfless work -- and handsome looks
    • Now the officer features in the BARCS ad campaign 'Show Your Soft Side' and he has his own Facebook fan page, 'I love Jon Boyer'
    • He adopted the kitty in the picture - Lilly - and has two other cats at home

A hunky Baltimore police officer has been inundated with marriage proposals after a photo of him cuddling a stray kitten he rescued and then adopted went viral.
    Jon Boyer, 26, has always had a soft spot for animals and regularly drops off stray cats and dogs he finds around the city to the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter. But when he brought in an adorable kitty last May, his good deeds became an internet sensation after the animal shelter posted a heart-melting picture of the pair on its Facebook page.

The image received more than 4,000 likes and several hundred comments praising his selfless work -- and handsome looks.

+6

Internet heartthrob: Hunky Baltimore police officer Jon Boyer, pictured, has been inundated with marriage proposals after this photo of him cuddling a stray kitten he rescued and then adopted went viral

Now the officer features in the BARCS ad campaign 'Show Your Soft Side' and he has his own Facebook fan page, 'I love Jon Boyer.'

Comments on the Facebook page include 'Nothing sexier than a man with his rescued animal!' and 'OMG!!!!! HE IS HOT!!!!' Other Facebook users wrote: 'My future husband,' and 'Is he single??'

'It was kind of weird. I hadn't been expecting that attention at all,' Boyer told Today.com of his rise to fame.

'(Rescuing animals) was kind of a thing I'd been doing a little while before that. It just happened to blow up with that picture.'

He said he's always had a love for animals, particularly cats.

+6

Star: Now the officer features in the Baltimore Animal Rescue Care Shelter's ad campaign 'Show Your Soft Side,' pictured, and he has his own Facebook fan page, 'I love Jon Boyer'

+6

Cute: Boyer, who's been an officer with the Baltimore Police Department for three and a half years, had six cats at one point, and all but two are rescue kittens

+6

Longtime love: 'I used to hang posters in my room of cats, because I loved them,' he said

'I used to hang posters in my room of cats, because I loved them,' he said. 'My parents always wondered why I didn't like dogs. I love dogs, but cats are kinda my thing.'

Boyer, who's been an officer with the Baltimore Police Department for three and a half years, had six cats at one point, and all but two are rescue kittens.

Now he has three cats, including Lilly, the kitten in the photo that made him a heartthrob.

He said he gets why the picture went viral, telling Today.com 'the whole guy in a police uniform with a kitten makes people melt'

+6

Hero: Boyer, pictured, has always had a soft spot for animals and regularly drops off stray cats and dogs he finds around the city to the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter

+6

Teasing: While he's fielding a steady stream of marriage proposals from his female fans, he said his fellow officers have responded to his newfound fame by jokingly nicknaming him 'cat man'

However, he insisted rescuing stray animals was just 'one of the million things' he and his colleagues' do on a daily basis.

While he's fielding a steady stream of marriage proposals from his female fans, he said his fellow officers have responded to his newfound fame by jokingly nicknaming him 'cat man.'

This was worth it if it meant bringing a greater awareness to the cause of helping stray animals in need, he said.

'If (the media interest) is giving animals a chance to get rescued that wouldn't have had a chance to before because someone sees my story, that makes me happy,' he said.

Read more:

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm just going to nip in here before someone makes a drowning in pussy joke.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Well hello Jon Boyer. That's funny about all the marriage proposals.

He's pretty buff too. Are we taking bets on whether he's gay? *waves $1* (I'm a conservative gambler.)

Longtime love: 'I used to hang posters in my room of cats, because I loved them,' he said
    He lost me there.

I bet the guys he works with are making his life hell right now. They are just mad they didn't think of it.
    stella blue likes this.

Crazy Cat Men need love too! If only I wasn't taken... *sigh*
    gas_chick likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

I could handle photographs of cats he actually raised on his walls. Random strange animal posters as a teenager? No.

Listen, as Crazy Cat Men go this one is a keeper, posters or not. Have you seen some of the alternatives out there???

BITTER, Bluebonnet and Flygirl like this.

Baltimore!! I'm so proud! Good news coming from my hometown is a rarity these days.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Baltimore!! I'm so proud! Good news coming from my hometown is a rarity these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    He lost me there.

I bet the guys he works with are making his life hell right now. They are just mad they didn't think of it.
    I was just thinking that if I were a cop in Baltimore, I'd probably hang posters of cats in my room, too. It's cheaper than Xanax.
    KrisNine and Flygirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Well hello Jon Boyer. That's funny about all the marriage proposals.

He's pretty buff too. Are we taking bets on whether he's gay? *waves $1* (I'm a conservative gambler.)
    It crossed my mind - it was more the hair and face than his body.

I have to see what these women look like though - not stereotypical cat ladies I hope (JK, no real offense to GR's cat ladies, if we have any).
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Great story, and I love the photos. Men who love animals rule. And there's hope for his female fans, my hubby adores cats and he is definitely not gay.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Did he hang posters of kittens on his bedroom wall?

^^I just asked, he says "NO"!
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

the posters on the wall tell me he's gay
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I choose to believe he's joking about the posters.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Thread Information