Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 22-Pound Cat Takes Family Hostage; Family Calls 911 For Help

Default 22-Pound Cat Takes Family Hostage; Family Calls 911 For Help

22-Pound Cat Takes Family Hostage; Family Calls 911 For Help

S
    EXPAND
    A family in Portland had to be rescued when their 22-pound cat became enraged and attacked them.
    Teresa Barker, her boyfriend Lee Palmer, their Jesse and their 7-month-baby were all in the house during the attack. Palmer told police he struck the family's cat, named Lux, after witnessing him scratch their 7-month-old baby. After that, the cat reportedly "went over the edge," attacking and eventually trapping the family (INCLUDING THE DOG) in a bedroom:
    The family dog included was forced to take refuge in a bedroom as the Himalayan cat continued to rage outside. Lee Palmer called 911, saying he'd struck the cat after it attacked the 7-month-old baby.
    "I kicked the cat in the rear and it has went off over the edge and we aren't safe around the cat," he said.
    "The cat, we don't know what to do about the cat - he's trying to attack us," said the caller. "When I leave the bedroom to let the police in, I'm gonna have to fight this cat." Then the cat can be heard "screeching" in the background. The 911 call resulted in this epic TV news transcript of the call, which you can listen to here:
    Caller: He's charging at us. He's at our bedroom door.
    Dispatcher: One momen, OKAY?
    Cat: Raaaaaaarrrrrrr.
    First of all "Barker?" I think I am starting to peel back the layers in getting down to the root of this cat's anger. As for the "Raaaaaaarrrrrrrr." I have obtained exclusive translation of the cat's statement on the 911 call, courtesy of a Meow-to-English language expert. I reveal this to you, exclusively here today:
    "HOW DARE YOU RAISE YOUR HANDS TO ME, PUNY HUMANS. AND WHAT IS THIS DRY FOOD? YOU SWITCHED ME BACK TO DRY FOOD? FUCK YOU ASSHOLES. GET YOUR OPPOSABLE THUMBS OUT HERE AND MAKE ME A REAL DINNER."
    The cat, the baby and the rest of family are all fine now, in case you any of you are wondering. Police were able to catch and trap Lux in a crate. The family is considering whether or not to keep him or give him away.
    Screenshot via WBTV
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Cat: Raaaaaaarrrrrrr.
    I'm so glad they included the cats side of the story.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

seriously, i think this wins first place for best 911 call transcript ever.
    darksithbunny and Sassiness like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

OMG! Hilarious. I love the RAAAAAR
    darksithbunny likes this.

Maybe he's just upset about how China has handled Tibet?
    darksithbunny likes this.

I saw this at Jez and can't believe all the idiots pissed at the owner.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

it's jez, i'm never surprised by the degree of idiocy there.

I can see how some people would think it's just a cat and it's a laughable situation that a cat would take a family hostage like that, but unless you've seen something like that for yourself, you shouldn't judge.

My mother in law had a huge possessed cat, named Pepper and jesus christ was that thing psycho and vicious. It would look at you, it's ears would go back and the fucking thing would charge at you. Once it got it in it's head that you were his next victim, there was no stopping it. I wouldn't even go into her house unless she put that monster in the back bedroom. And, back there you could here it making noises like an angry, wild animal.

I'll never forget the time it set it's sights on my (ex) husband while he was just sitting in a chair. The thing leapt up and dug it's claws into ex's head and sunk his teeth into his face, making this crazy noise. It took three of us to get it off his face and there was blood everywhere.

I was never so happy as the day my mother in law called to tell us the fucking thing had finally died.
    Trixie and sluce like this.

pepper!

That's fucked up. I would have insisted Pepper be quarantined and called Animal Services myself. Fuck that noise.

I had a wild maine coon show up at my house once and it was mean, the fucker got in my house one morning and I had made a pan of biscuits and it jumped on the counter and got one. I tried to shoo it away and that motherfucker went balistic, I let him have the pan and the house and went and called someone to come take it away lol
    Trixie, sputnik and Air Quotes like this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Those people are pussy-whipped.
    McJag and dougie like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    I had a wild maine coon show up at my house once and it was mean, the fucker got in my house one morning and I had made a pan of biscuits and it jumped on the counter and got one. I tried to shoo it away and that motherfucker went balistic, I let him have the pan and the house and went and called someone to come take it away lol
    I had a Maine Coon that was beautiful but was born to siblings. The vet said that it doesn't always mean that the cat will have problems. We loved him. My daughter slept with him every night. Then when she was in 5th grade I got a call at work. She was spending the afternoon with a neighbor and had run into the house to ger her bathsuit. The cat then cornered her in the kitchen and started hissing. She leaned down to pet him and get him to calm down and he lunged at her and left her bleeding down her arms. She grabbed the phone and called me and while we were on the phone he sunk his claws into her legs. I called the neighbor who went in to get her out. When I got home he was sweet and came running up for attention. When my daughter walked back in the house he went nuts and went after her agin and cornered her in the bathroom. I got him into his crate and put him the garage. I called the vet who said I had to put him down since he had "cracked" and was not competing with my daughter for my attention. Then I called the SPCA and they agreed to take him. They found a home for him with a single retired woman so he would have all of her attention and not have to compete. I am not the kind to hurt an animal but when I saw him go after my little girl I could have killed him easily!
    shedevilang likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

see, you guys can mock me for being a gun-toting semi-texan but, by god I'd have fucking killed that thing. pepper would've been killed and so would shed's maine coon.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^and given your sig, who'd be surprised by that?
    Trixie likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information