Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Man with 18 cats spends $35,000 to turn his home into a pet playground

Default Man with 18 cats spends $35,000 to turn his home into a pet playground

A man with 18 cats decided to turn his home into a feline paradise, adding in colorful ramps, walkways and tunnels for the animals to play on.
    The unidentified cat lover, whose house is located in Goleta, California, spent a whopping $35,000 on the renovation, which included the addition of a spiral walkway, tiny stairs to leading to various kitty ledges and climbing polls that double as scratching posts.
    More importantly, he also installed a new ventilation system to ensure that the air is regulated - a necessity for a home housing so many animals.

+7
    True cat love: A man with 18 cats decided to turn his home into a feline paradise, adding in colorful ramps, walkways and tunnels for them to play on in a renovation that cost $35,000

+7

Cat accoutrements: The unidentified cat lover, whose house is located in Goleta, California, added a spiral walkway, tiny stairs to leading to the kitty ledges and climbing polls that double as scratching posts

In a photo of the interior, which was renovated with the help of construction company Trillium Enterprises, one kitty perches high on a ledge near the ceiling, peering over the room from its vantage spot.
    The room is also decked out with a scratching poll, which is surrounded by a swirling walkway leading from the floor to the ceiling.

+7

Unassuming: Despite all the cat-friendly additions, the house looks surprisingly normal from the outside, with a pretty stone garden in the back, which is surrounded by palm trees

+7
    Feline frenzy: In the entryway, a colorful cat painting decorates the wall. Above it is a mint green cat walkway leading to the next room

+7

Hanging out: In an office, an entire wall is decorated with kitty walkways, running on slight inclines. A photo of the room shows four cats enjoying their designated spots

An office in the house has an entire wall of kitty walkways running on slight inclines; in a photo of the room, four grey cats happily make use of their designated spots.
    In one of the bathrooms, a tiny staircase leads from the side of the tub up to a network of ledges, forming a kitty-friendly path along the top of the room.
    A cat statue made of stone sits on the side of the tub - one of several feline-themed pieces of art around the house.

+7

The cat's meow: In one of the bathrooms, a tiny staircase leads from the side of the tub up to a network of ledges, forming a kitty-friendly path along the top of the room

+7

Special space: And the master bedroom features ledges scattered on the walls, making an easy cat route to a mezzanine level above the closet

In the entryway, a colorful cat painting decorates the wall. Above it is a mint green cat walkway leading to the next room.
    And the master bedroom features ledges scattered on the walls, making an easy cat route to a mezzanine level above the closet.
    Despite all the cat accoutrements, the house looks surprisingly normal from the outside; a pretty stone patio decorates the lush backyard, which is surrounded by palm trees.

Read more: Now that's a purr-fect paradise! Man with 18 cats spends $35,000 to turn his home into a pet playground | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Quazar likes this.

Can't wait to show this to the hubs.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Not gonna lie, if I had money I'd totally do this

That's a pretty nice pad for some guy with 18 cats!! Good for him. He loves his kitties and that's pretty cool.

I really like the house anyway and yeah, I wish I could afford to do that here! My guys would love it.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I don't know about resale value,but it looks fun!
    HWBL and *DIVA! like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

He really loves those cats, it seems clean and safe for them, very neat.

Wow that's really neat and looks fun!

Elite Member

It's nice and all, but 18 cats is treading into "cat hoarder" territory.

My future hubby...*swoons

The room is also decked out with a scratching poll,
    Pole for fuck's sake.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Pole for fuck's sake.
    But Twitchy! That is obviously where the cats vote. Voting poll pole.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Did the cats vote on having a security camera on the ceilings? I find that creepy, particularly the bedroom and bathroom ones.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

That may be where extra catnip is stored and of course it would require cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    It's nice and all, but 18 cats is treading into "cat hoarder" territory.
    Treading? I think he's arrived.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information