Thread: Fight Dogs

Default Fight Dogs

Have anyone ever seen the pit bulls that these thugs and drug dealers use to fight for money.A couple of weeks ago I went to church in a very sketchy neighborhood and these 2 little pit bulls ran up to me and started licking my legs. The poor little things had their ears either cut off or eaten off from fighting. Plus, all four of their legs were bandaged up. I almost cried because I could imagine the pain they were in. I wanted to report the dogs to animal cruelty but, I did not know where the guy lived. Why the hell would someone do this to these dogs. Plus, the dogs were so fiendly and cute. I cann't believe that no one in the neighborhood thought to report this guy. But, I'm sure that Brooklyn is full of these kinds of dos everywhere.

SVZ

Default Re: Fight Dogs

What a bunch of shitheads!!! Have you tried reporting? Though I don't think it would do any good...

They end up dead for the most part anyway because shelters are full of them and either they are unadoptable because of the way they've been treated, or there are just too many of them. Plus, a lot of people won't adopt them.

Black animals are the least adopted whatever the species/breed.

Report it for sure, this "practice" is frowned upon now more than ever. These dogs are better put to sleep than stuck in a life like this and hopefully with all the new animal cruelty laws in place, the offenders would be dealt with harshly.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

My neighbour in Japan used to have several fighting dogs.
    Tosa

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/6-4-2004-55086.asp

And instead of using proper leashes, he'd just use a construction rope (cuz he owned and opererated a construction company). Pretty much everyone in our neighbourhood was terrified of these dogs.
    He used to take them to dog fights (legal in Japan) and tournaments. But one year when he was at a tournament, his dog freaked out, lost its mind or something and bit him in the leg taking a big chunk of meat off of it (aha- karma! he was hospitalized) so he got rid of all the dogs right there at the dog fight, prolly sold them or left them there for anyone wanting to adopt them etc
    After that, he had a bunny living in the HUUUUUUUUUGE cage he used to keep his dogs in. I went home to Japan in May and I saw that he built another huge compound where he now had a couple of Shiba dogs

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

KD
    Elite Member

Makes me not like people.

And yes, PB, large black dogs are the last to be adopted. I wonder why that is, perhaps people see them as more threatening.

I kept thinking about the dog all day. My mom gets mad at me because she says I treat animals better than I do people (even though I think that this is not true). The neighborhood that I go to church in is not exactly a friendly area. My mom kept telling me to mind my own business but, I'm still kicking myself for not doing anything. He'll probably just go out and buy new ones anyway. I once heard a guy on the bus talking about how he trained a former fight dog to be docile and child friendly by beating it with a chain. He sounded as if he was so proud of himself as if this was some big accomplishment. Some guy asked him if he could help him with his dog too.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

omg, that's truly horrible. Makes me very sad for the doggies who are abused and mistreated. I understand the notion that some ppl seem like they treat animals better than ppl, well, animals can't fend for themselves and they need someone to love and take care of them while most humans can take care of themselves.

Are these dogs stray? (if they just ran up to you on the street without a leash or anyone in particular around...) cuz I don't think you can report them if you don't know the owner or know where these dogs live. If they are strays then I think SPCA or some other animal authority can come and rescue them?
    And if the owners are really thugs, I'd be afraid of retaliation if/when they find out who reported them etc.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23
    ... and these 2 little pit bulls ran up to me ....
    Were these dogs on leashes or just running lose or what?..just having pit bulls run up to me would have made me nearly crap my pants and normally love dogs..but those pit bulls have those 'super jaws'..*shudder*

NO the owner was with them. They had leashes on them but he wasn't holding the leash. They were so friendly and about the size of a beagle. That's why I couldn't understand why he would use them to fight since they were so little. I started to pet them until I saw their ears and injured legs. They started to kinda follow me but, not in a threatening way. THat's when the guy called them over to him. .

I have a version of hell in my mind that the horrible things you do in life are what you are punished with. These people who mistreat/fight dogs will be put in a big cage and made to fight for their lives. But the catch is you win all the time but only after excrutiating painful time. This goes on for all eternity...

Quote Originally Posted by KD
    Makes me not like people.

And yes, PB, large black dogs are the last to be adopted. I wonder why that is, perhaps people see them as more threatening.
    I had heard that, but didn't believe it was true. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that. That makes me worry about those puppies I took to the shelter a few weeks ago...they were both black...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

KD
    Elite Member

I read it in my local paper who gives some space for our local Humane Society. Also, When we were searching for a new dog, I went there and lo and behold, most all were huge black dogs. We ended up getting a rescue Husky, who is a PITA, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel
    I have a version of hell in my mind that the horrible things you do in life are what you are punished with. These people who mistreat/fight dogs will be put in a big cage and made to fight for their lives. But the catch is you win all the time but only after excrutiating painful time. This goes on for all eternity...

(
    I like this.....

One of my neighbors used to train fight dogs out on the street, and no one would ever do anything about it. We tried turning him in, but we could never figure out what room he lived in exactly.

Thread Information