Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do your pets sleep?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Where do your pets sleep?

Elmo usually sleeps in the bed with us I cuddle him like a teddy bear and once he gets too hot he either goes to between my legs or hubby's. Then if he gets hotter, he'll leave the bed and sleeps in the laundry basket (he likes to do this...) He gets hot very easily as you can tell. Other times he sleeps on the pillow on our couch. He doesn't have a crate or a proper doggie bed thingy to sleep in.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Default Re: Where do your pets sleep?

Toby sleeps on my bed a lot, particularly during the day, when I am at work. Both Toby and Cassie spend a lot of time on the screen porch. Our porch overlooks some woods, and they like to keep an eye on the activities out there.

We have 3 cats, and at night usually my oldest one is at my feet. My kittens usually don't pop in until about 2:00am, and then Butch is right up by my face, and Sunny usually is down by the hubby's feet. During the day, the kitties have a lot of laundry basket sleeping too!
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Lil

The little cat is allowed to sleep on the bed because she is very quiet and good, and lies really still between our feet. My beloved old lady cat generally prefers to sleep in her own bed downstairs by the radiator, which is lucky as she is a pain if she sleeps with us. She purrs REALLY loudly, wants to lie on your head or at least on the pillow with her nose touching yours, and then when she finally falls asleep, because she's old she snores and snuffles all night long.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I didn't know cats could snore! Elmo snores, too (I think most pugs do...) but I find it much more cuter than my hubby snoring

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Aww, it must be so cute to see a pug snore!

Lil

Cat snoring is definitely cuter than husband snoring! My husband is working away atm (and I am FED UP of being on my own ) so I let the old lady cat sleep with me last night. I was still awake at 2am, but she got a good night's sleep.....
    A big boy did it and ran away.

SVZ

Sammy used to sleep in the kitchen in a little nook, but he dragged his own bed in to the hallway and he sleeps there now

Newton (kitty) always sleeps in the same room as us, though he will change position. Now that it's summer, he sleeps in the windowsill (with the window open), other times on top of the cedar chest, in the laundry basket, in our bed... etc.

What's really cute is that he has to be with us, so if we decide to sleep in the basement one night to beat the heat, that's where he'll be - and if one of us is asleep and the other is still up, he'll join whoever is still awake and either cat-nap (chair, floor, wherever) or just hang with them.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

My dog sleeps in her bed, which is in my room.

A*O

Officially my 2 dogs sleep in their beds in the laundry. But of course in reality one of them sleeps on my bed and the other on a chair in the bedroom. A dog expert told me that because dogs are pack animals they like to sleep with the Boss Bitch (ie, moi) in the Pack Nest (ie, my bed). I don't mind too much as they don't snore or fidget and they don't shed any hair so the bed cover stays reasonably clean.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I heard that if you allow a dog to sleep on your bed they assume that they are the alpha dog, and your authority as a mere human is undermined.

We don't let the cats sleep in the bedroom because the Siamese performs tricks such as turning on the radio, knocking everything off both night tables, attacking pictures on the wall and walking over us when he isn't doing any of those things. The stray sleeps at the end of the bed, or on the pillow, but starts yowling for food at 5 a.m., or when the Siamese riles him up enough.

The cats have a vast number of sleeping spots including various chairs, any carpeted area, the bed, any clean or black clothing, the back of the sofas, my keyboard, right in front of the computer, on top of the printer or VCR and rarely, the cat bed.

Outside. Come to think of it, I havent seen my cat around in a few days.... uh oh.

The one cat sleeps either in my bed or on my chair if there isn't room. The other sleeps on the fire escape if the window is open or in the bath tub. The dog usually sleeps on the top of one of the couches or on the couch if who ever is sleeping on it will make room.

Solo, our very naughty beagle, sleeps with me and my hubby, very bad I know. His favourite place is right between my legs or on them! Its a bit alarming when you wake up in the middle of the night unable to move and then realise that a snoring beagle has its head on your butt! Our cat, Miss Kitty, is usually wherever Solo is - they are so in love. You have to be careful not to move around too much in the night as Miss Kitty likes to pounce and she is one heavy cat. It can make for an interesting night, thank god horses don't live in the house too!
    Stella Galaxy ... 16 hands of irish trouble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information