Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Honey
  • 1 Post By McJag
  • 2 Post By rockchick
  • 1 Post By Chilly Willy
  • 2 Post By Trixie

Thread: Shih-tzu becomes adoptive mum to kitten

Default Shih-tzu becomes adoptive mum to kitten

People locked in a bitter feud are often compared to cats and dogs, but whoever came up with that old cliché clearly has never met Goldie and Kate.Goldie, a small, well-groomed shih-tzu, was discovered in a ditch in South Carolina by an animal control officer, who at first thought that the pooch was in trouble.
    As it turned out, the pup was actually caring for and nursing a tiny kitten, which somehow ended up in the thicket.

Ruff start: Goldie the shih-tzu and Kate the kitten were both discovered in a ravine in south Carolina in May

In the thick of things: An animal control officer discovered Goldie nursing the fluffy feline in the bushes behind a Home Depot in Anderson

Inseparable: The two have formed a special bond, with Goldie taking on the role of a doting, loving mom in the improbable relationship

Whenever Kate would come too close to the edge of the cage, Goldie would pick her up by the scruff and carry her to safety

Maternal mutt: Due to a surge of hormones, the 5-year-old pooch has begun producing milk to find the 5-week-old kitty

The 'awww-inspiring' tale played out in Anderson, South Carolina, in mid-May, when Animal Control Officer Michelle Smith heard a small dog yelping from the bottom of a steep, heavily wooded embankment behind a Home Depot.
    The officer went down into the ravine, where she spotted a ball of fur in a tangle of brambles .
    When Smith took a closer look, she discovered that the small shih-tzu sitting in the bushes was actually protecting a wee kitten, who was suckling milk from her.
    ‘I didn’t know what to think,’ she told the station 10 News. ‘I was shocked and surprised and then of course, awww.’
    The two unlikely companions were taken to a local animal shelter, where a veterinarian determined that the shih-tzu nicknamed Goldie was at least 5 years old, while the kitten dubbed Kate was only 5 weeks old.
    Although they are, of course, not related in any way, Goldie and Kate look very much alike, what with their black, white and grey fur.

Family resemblance: With their black, white and grey fur, Goldie and Kate look very much alike

Purr-fect harmony: The unlikely pair spend their days snuggling and napping together

Mystery: Goldie's freshly groomed coat and a striped collar suggest that she used to be somebody's pet

But beyond any physical resemblance, the two have formed a special bond, with Goldie taking on the role of a doting, loving mom in this improbable relationship.
    Photos posted on the Facebook page of Anderson County PAWS, the shelter where Goldie and Kate had been staying until recently, show the two inseparable friends living in perfect harmony.
    In the pictures, the kitty and her adoptive canine mom nap and eat together, or simply stare into each other's eyes.
    The heart-melting images show the two pets happily nuzzling one another, curling up together in a furry embrace, and Goldie is even patient enough to let the wee kitten climb onto her back whenever she likes.
    When the miniscule feline walks too close to the edge of their shared cage, the older and wiser Goldie picks up the little tyke by her scruff and carries her to safety.

Together forever: No one had come to claim Goldie, so she and Kate were sent to a foster home - together

Shelter director Jessica Cwynar said that the maternal pooch likely experienced a surge of hormones, which caused her to produce some milk to feed her adopted feline baby.
    Shelter volunteers also have been giving the cat bottles of milk - a treat that Goldie enjoys as well.
    The tale of the young shih-tzu is shrouded in mystery. Shelter workers say that her freshly groomed fur and collar suggest that she used to be somebody’s pet, but no one has come forward to claim her.
    Goldie and Kate’s story has a happy ending. After spending some time in the shelter, the pair were taken in by a foster family - together.

Read more: Puppy love! Tiny shih-tzu becomes adoptive mom to cute KITTEN after finding it abandoned in a ravine and yelping until help came | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Brookie and roslyntaberfan like this.

OMG,I am a melted puddle. Those two are precious.
    Brookie likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Love it. Proof again animals are wonderful.
    Icepik and Bluebonnet like this.

I love the 3rd pic! Goldie seems to be guarding Kate, saying "Back off, this pussy's MINE!" lol

OMG, I'm a melted puddle too. So glad to hear they are in foster care together and hope it means they'll be a package deal, adoption-wise. Or I might have to take a drive down south and get them myself!!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Well this is just too cute! What a sweetie for looking after the kitten!

Doggies are the best.
    Honey likes this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

This is beyond precious!!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Goldie & Kate Got Adopted Together

Remember the story of a Shih Tzu who saved and adopted a kitten?

We heard the story of Goldie & Kate about two months ago and recently, their story was resurfaced by buzzfeed.com and everyone is wanting to adopt the duo. According to Anderson County P.A.W.S. Goldie & Kate, Shih Tzu and kitten combo, have been adopted!

“We are very happy that they are in a home setting and are adjusting well. They have 24/7 attention and tons of love from their new parents! Kate is growing like a weed and is catching up to Goldie, QUICK! “-AC PAWS

Goldie & Kate Got Adopted Together - Army Kitty

McJag and Honey like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm here at work sitting here crying. What a beautiful story. I hope we are updated as they grow together.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Perfect! Who wouldn't want those two.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information