Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bob Martin Flea Treatments - anyone else having problems?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Bob Martin Flea Treatments - anyone else having problems?

The damn cat has fleas again and we have bombed the little fucker (and the house) with enough Bob Martins products to poison a small town and it's making absolutely no difference whatsoever. We've treated her with spot on twice, slapped a new flea collar on after each treatment (after waiting 24 hours each time in case of a reaction), sprayed the furniture and the car (just in case of hitchhikers) and doused the floors with the powder over and over again. The last time we sprayed/did the carpets was yesterday and we went out and left the poor puss locked in the wholly tiled bathroom with food/water/tray for several hours AND sprayed and sprinkled in there after we turned her loose again and has it made a difference? Has it fuck! Well, aside from the foul chemical smell that was still lingering today...

So to put it bluntly Bob Martin products are complete and wank so if anyone can recommend an alternative that does a better job (as in even moderately works) that is freely available in the UK as I'm at my wits end with this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Call your vet. Ours has a sign saying all cats & dogs will be given a flea pill on entry. Maybe that will stop it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Fleas are horrible. Two summers ago we were overrun with them. Like you, I tried everything. I have a dog, but that summer I had two dogs. The fleas were like a horror movie. Bathed them every day, vacuumed like a madman.

It was horrible and I really have no suggestion. I went so far as to sprinkle salt into the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Call your vet. Ours has a sign saying all cats & dogs will be given a flea pill on entry. Maybe that will stop it.
    Oh she's going in to the vet, no worries! The collar that she had before (not a Bob Martin one) was brilliant but when it was getting close to being replaced (I'm anal enough to mark it on the calendar) the OH came home with a Bob Martin one and that's when the problems started and of course we then can't get the usual flea collar that knocks shit dead because its sold out to everyone else who is having problems due to the hot weather. Then the OH, being the sensible chap that he is, had to go and get more Bob frickin' wank crap Martin stuff to deal with the aftermath... *sigh*

Rockchick we have some herbal anti-flea cat shampoo for her but have been holding off on using it as you aren't supposed to bath a cat after a spot on treatment. However as I may as well have applied butter to the back of her neck for all the good it did she's getting dunked and soaped this weekend, before if I can get my brother to help me (it's a two person job - one to hold her and dodge the claws, the other to soap and rinse).
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

i've heard that flea bombs are the only things that will get rid of difficult flea infestation cases.
    i remember reading up on this because i was sure boris had fleas when i first got him. turned out he had maybe one or two that bit me (of course) but none of them reproduced and just regular bug spray was enough to get rid of them.
    anyway, the thing is, the fleas you see in your house now aren't the only fleas there. most bug sprays kill fleas themselves but not larvae, so if you spray, that will get rid of the fleas but once the leftover larvae hatch, you're infested again. so you need to buy a strong enough product that kills larvae, and even then there will probably be some left so the thing is to use those products at least once a week until the fleas are gone. also, you have to wash floors, floorboards and the base of walls and douse them with product as those are places fleas will hide. move mattresses and spray under them too.
    i'm against flea collars because a lot of them cause irritation to cats' skin. but the drop should work, but instead of bob martin use a brand like frontline or something.

Frontline Spot On For Dogs And Cats | Frontline For Fleas
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My vet says "you get what you pay for" so I buy frontline. I just spent 50 on 6 months supply for Hol after the tick incident.

Frontkine your cat. Get some teatree stuff (oil? Shampoo) and douce that liberally around the house, it works great for live so I don't see that it won't work for fleas.
    Free Charmed.

I wouldn't have bought BM stuff myself and unfortunately the only smoke bombs I saw in the local pet superstore the last time I was in there were BM ones. I did a little digging online and there's a lot of comments about them #1 not killing anything and #2 not lighting at all or failing to stay lit.

Sput I threw the crappy powder from skirting board to skirting board, even on the hard flooring and sprayed under/over/behind every piece of furniture. The stuff is just wank and if Idiot had kept the receipts I'd be writing to the makers to tell them just that and demanding a refund.

Novice the cat shampoo has tea tree in it, amongst other things. I also have a bottle of the oil too and I'll sprinkle some around when I get home.

Write to them anyway, everyone knows that the bob Martin stuff is wank, I don't buy it ever on principle.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I wouldn't have bought BM stuff myself and unfortunately the only smoke bombs I saw in the local pet superstore the last time I was in there were BM ones. I did a little digging online and there's a lot of comments about them #1 not killing anything and #2 not lighting at all or failing to stay lit.

Sput I threw the crappy powder from skirting board to skirting board, even on the hard flooring and sprayed under/over/behind every piece of furniture. The stuff is just wank and if Idiot had kept the receipts I'd be writing to the makers to tell them just that and demanding a refund.

Novice the cat shampoo has tea tree in it, amongst other things. I also have a bottle of the oil too and I'll sprinkle some around when I get home.
    can you order another brand over the internet? if that bob martin stuff doesn't work, stop using it.
    i know it's expensive and a pain in the ass but the thing is you have to treat this aggressively and right away, or you're just giving them more time to multiply. remember the pupae are resistant to products so you will have to do it several times until they've all hatched and been doused with product.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

There's sod all in my bank after the disastrous holiday so I'm going to have to get him to do it tomorrow when he's in between jobs (he's away again). In the meantime my brother is getting me some carpet stuff from his best mate tomorrow that they both swear works and between that, the flea comb and bathing her (if I can get a helping hand) we'll have to see how it goes until the OH can get something sorted.

I use Frontline (like Novice said) for my dog and cat. It's the only thing that works (for us) and it works in 24 hours. Seriously.
    Kittylady likes this.

Bronze Member

Hi, I’m posting here on behalf of Bob Martin. Sorry to hear you’re having issues with fleas in your house. It’s really important to us we provide our customers an excellent product every time and we’re really sorry we’ve not met your expectations here. Our customer services team are more the happy to help if you continue to experience fleas in your home. You can contact them on 0844 748 0108. Thanks.

Hey BobSpammerMartin, your products are shit, cheap and nasty. With veterinary products you get what you pay for, so I don't buy your products any more!

Oh, and since the original post is more than a month old, I suggest that you check your google alerts.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Oops. We are at the mercy of the internet after all. That was scary.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Took the words from my mouth Nov. I'm also pleased to say that we are nibbler free after using another product.

This is what happens when I let him shop alone without specific instructions and threats of dire consequences for deviation. I shan't make either mistake again.

Oh and Bob? Making an anonymous and disgruntled user feel like they are being creepily stalked on the net does nothing for their confidence in you. Just sayin'.
    Novice and McJag like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information