Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dr. Oz Puppy Torturer At Colombia U. ?

Default Dr. Oz Puppy Torturer At Colombia U. ?

Someone sent me this link and, whether one agrees or disagrees with animal testing, apparently Oz's treatment of the puppies was considered unacceptable enough to be fined. Also, from the way this reads, he wanted to kill the puppies and decided to cause them lots of pain rather than euthanize them humanely, for no apparent reason. I am no Oz fan anyway and this makes me dislike him even more.

In 2004, complaints about Dr. Mehmet Oz’s dog experiments were cited in a report from an internal investigation into allegations of poor animal care made by Dr. Catherine Dell’Orto, a post-doctoral veterinarian. [23], [24] See also individual reports of Dr. Oz's dog experiments. [25] According to the report, "highly invasive and stressful experiments" on dogs were performed without a "humane end point." AWA violations included a litter of whelped puppies killed by painful cardiac injection:

"The screams of these puppies could be heard through closed doors. All of these puppies, lying in a plastic garbage bag, were killed in the presence of their litter mates."[26]
    Ten Worst Laboratories - SourceWatch
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

hate cough (dr) cough Oz.

Can't click link cuz I don't want to cry.

Another reason to be very careful of Dr. Oz. This is so disgusting.

Rockchick, I hate him too, he is a total Ozhole. Good decision not to read the link. Very upsetting.
    And Witchy, I totally agree re. being careful of him. I wonder if St. Oprah knew about this, supposedly she is such a dog lover.
    Witchywoman likes this.

This guy has ALWAYS given me the creeps. Guess this just validates one reason why.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

This is a crock.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    This is a crock.
    Do you mean you don't think it happened? Where I come from "crock" means it's a lie.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^^Yes, I am puzzled too. It's public record, not something made up by someone who doesn't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Do you mean you don't think it happened? Where I come from "crock" means it's a lie.
    That's what it means here too.

I didn't click the link. The synopsis was bad enough. What a prick.

^No way was I clicking the link either. I'm at work and can't afford to be caught sitting at my desk sobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Yes. I clicked on that link and looked further. There are no puppies being killed at that link.
    PETA (oh no,they never lie) is behind this.
    The allegation was made and investigated. No charges were ever brought.
    I don't care if you hate or not, this shit is not true.
    Remember when the other doctors called him out for saying arsnic was in apple juice and then ended up having to apologize to him?
    This man has saved more lives and pet-owner lives than most of us have ever known.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    The allegation was made and investigated. No charges were ever brought.
    Where did you get that info? This is from the link:
    In 2003, a PETA investigation into Columbia University revealed a lack of basic veterinary care for monkeys and baboons. Sick and dying animals were simply left in their cages without care or painkillers after surgical procedures. The studies involving these animals did not even purport to have any scientific usefulness or validity. Topics under scientific investigation included: effects of stress on menstruation and effects of massive doses of cocaine and nicotine on pregnant monkeys. [21] Columbia psychiatrist Suzette Evans receives $500,000 per year in government grants to study the effects of cocaine and heroin on the menstrual cycles of monkeys. Her "experiments" involve the use of cruel and stressful restraint chairs as well as injections and blood draws. Columbia also uses more than 250 dogs per year for "painful and distressing tests".[22]
    In 2004, complaints about Dr. Mehmet Oz’s dog experiments were cited in a report from an internal investigation into allegations of poor animal care made by Dr. Catherine Dell’Orto, a post-doctoral veterinarian. [23], [24] See also individual reports of Dr. Oz's dog experiments. [25] According to the report, "highly invasive and stressful experiments" on dogs were performed without a "humane end point." AWA violations included a litter of whelped puppies killed by painful cardiac injection:
    "The screams of these puppies could be heard through closed doors. All of these puppies, lying in a plastic garbage bag, were killed in the presence of their litter mates."[26]Subsequent applications for grants to the NIH by Dr. Oz have been denied.[27] In 2004, Columbia paid $2,000 in fines to the USDA. [28]

I kept looking well past that link. I;ss see if I can retrace it.

Even if this was exposed by PETA, that doesn't make it false. Oz is only one of the people cited and was one of the people who were fined. I disagree with many PETA tactics, but there is no disputing they've exposed a lot of terrible things going on unchallenged behind closed doors. And everyone knows animal experimentation is often very cruel, even when strict regulations are obeyed.

This is from a religious website, of all places. Author of "Eternal Treblinka" Returns His Ph.D. to Columbia University to Protest Animal Cruelty - Articles - God's Creatures Ministry -
    and the article specifically mentions Oz and others.

Patterson, who is a writer of Holocaust books and reviews, is upset by the cruelty practiced at Columbia by Professors Mehmet Oz, E. Sander Connolly, Michel Ferin, Raymond Stark, and the rest of the Columbia vivisectors.

Author of "Eternal Treblinka" Returns His Ph.D. to Columbia University to Protest Animal Cruelty

On Tueday, May 17 at 11am Dr. Charles Patterson, author of "Eternal

Treblinka: Our Treatment of Animals and the Holocaust," returned his doctorate to Columbia to protest his alma mater's ongoing mistreatment of animals in its labs.

(PRWEB) May 10, 2005 -- On Tuesday, May 17 at 11am--the day before the 251st Columbia Commencement--Dr. Charles Patterson returned his doctoral degree to the Office of Columbia President Lee Bollinger in Low Library, Room 202, to protest the university's continuing abuse of animals.

After writing his 320-page doctoral dissertation on "Social Attitudes of Protestant Journals During the Depression of 1893-97," Patterson received his Ph.D. with honors from the Department of Religion in 1970. Since then, he has been a teacher, adjunct faculty member, therapist, editor, and author of ten books.
    There's even a campaign started in 2007.

About | End the murder of puppies for medical research | causes.com

I clicked on the link and it is most definitely TRUE!! He is responsible for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information