Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By choozen1ne
  • 1 Post By Laurent
  • 2 Post By A*O
  • 1 Post By Clubber Lang

Thread: Ugliest dog contest winner Walle is actually really cute

Default Ugliest dog contest winner Walle is actually really cute

A huge-headed, duck-footed mix of beagle, boxer and basset hound was the upset winner at the 25th annual World's Ugliest Dog Contest.
    Walle, a 4-year-old mutt from Chico, Calif., who was entered at the last minute, was judged on Friday as the most unsightly of 30 dogs at the Northern California competition.
    'This dog looked like he's been photo-shopped with pieces from various dogs and maybe a few other animals,' judge Brian Sobel said.

He looks fine to me! Tammie Barbee poses her dog Walle, a Beagle-Bassett, before the start of the World's Ugliest Dog competition in Petaluma

Every dog has his day: Walle poses for a portrait in the competition. The 4-year-old beagle, boxer and bassett hound mix went on to win top honors

Winner: Walle, winner of the World's Ugliest Dog competition in Petaluma, California. Walle, who is part Basset, part Boxer and part Beagle, won the popular competition along with his owner Tammie Barbee

Walle overcame the dominance in recent years by nearly hairless Chihuahuas, Chinese cresteds, or combinations of the two.
    Owner Tammie Barbee got the dog when he was three months old.

Sign me up: Dane Andrew shows his dog Rascal, a Chinese Crested. Chinese cresteds and nearly hairless Chihuahuas have dominated the contest in recent years

Looking to lick somebody? Penny, a purebred pug, was one of the 30 dogs in the competition. Organizers say the dogs are judged for their 'natural ugliness in both pedigree and mutt classes.'

Tounge tied: Ellie Mae, a Chinese crested, with his owner Ty Oppelt, Dogs from all over the US took part in the contest hoping to win the world's ugliest dog honor

'People come up to me and say that dog is not right,' Barbee said, 'but I love him.'
    Judges said they were especially impressed by Walle's bizarre waddle of a walk.
    Walle wins $1,500 and will make several network TV appearances next week, including NBC's 'Today' show and ABC's 'Jimmy Kimmel Live.'

Frazzled: A boy poses with his dog, Icky, a Chinese crested, before the competition

I feel pretty! Mayzie Brown, a pomeranian, struts her stuff during the contest

Rosette: Isaboo, a Chinese crested, poses for a portrait

The contest at the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds gets worldwide attention, with media from around the world traveling to Petaluma, about 40 miles north of San Francisco.
    Organizer Vicki DeArmon said: 'It started as a homegrown kind of contest — very small and quirky. But the whole thing has accelerated beyond anyone’s wildest imaginings.'
    'The dogs are judged for their 'natural ugliness in both pedigree and mutt classes.'
    'In a way, we all love an ugly dog, and we love the underdog,' Ms Deamon said.
    'When you go into a shelter and see a dog that may not normally be adopted, your heart calls to that dog. The contest is a humorous relief that makes the world a little lighter. These are some of the best dog owners in the world. Some of them take it very seriously. I think a few hearts have been broken when they haven’t been the winner.'

Look at you! Linda Elmquist and her dog Josie, a Chinese Crested, pose for photos

Smirking: Grovie, a pug, is posed for a photo before the World¿s Ugliest Dog competition

Dogs looking like their owners? Thomas Cotrel and his dog Eleanor, a Chinese Crested prepare

Anyone got any conditioner? Linda Elmquist and her dog Josie, a Chinese Crested

Why didn't she win? Sophie, a chihuahua mix, waits her turn to go on stage

Ugliness is in the eye of the beholder: Penny poses for a portrait

Do they do dog tattoos? Jon Adler poses with Icky, a Chinese Crested

I'm sexy and I know it: Rascal poses for a portrait

Walkies: Josie, a Chinese Crested, shakes while walking

Half dog, half giraffe: Roman poses for a portrait

Cooler than Snoopy: Isaboo, a Chinese Crested terrier mix, on stage

It's a dog's life: Annie Ragsdale reacts after her dog Roo, a Chinese Crested, wins the pedigree part of the Contest in Petaluma, California

A face only a mutter could love: Heather Payette and her dog Boolah, a Chinese Crested terrier mix

Read more: Is this really the world's ugliest dog? Beagle-boxer-basset hound mix called Walle wins 25th annual World's Ugliest Dog Contest | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

These dogs are cuter than quite a few people I have seen just this weekend
    Bluebonnet and Melyanna like this.

Elite Member

Awe! He's not ugly!! Those elderly Chinese shrinking dogs on the other hand...
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I think they're all adorable, but the winner especially is pretty smoochable.
    McJag likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

A*O

Poor thing has deformed legs from irresponsible morons allowing random dogs to breed. De-sex your dogs dammit! Plus a few humans too starting with Justin Bieber.
    Melyanna and Snarker like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Those Chinese crested's are unique little critters. And I think the winning dog is adorable.

I want them all!!! So adorable.

Elite Member

When we were recently looking for a new rescue we almost got an adorable half-pit half-basset hound mix that looked a lot like the winner of this contest. I found her quite adorable.
    KrisNine likes this.

Cuteness!!!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I think he's so stinking adorable. I would take him in a second. He's not a Basset/Boxer/Beagle. He's a Basset/Pit. What a face.

Elite Member

I think you're right, Kris! ^

I don't think he's ugly!

Thread Information