Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Something is wrong with my cat.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Something is wrong with my cat.

Something is wrong with my OG cat Bob. He is MrBoogs and my first cat we got together as a couple, and had been my baby for the past 11 years. He's my baby.

Last night we noticed him licking his former ball area, rather ferociously. We are pervs, so we notice ferocious ball licking. We looked and all his fur was gone, and there was a gooey, weepy lesion, next to his former ball sac. I just looked a bit ago, and it looks a lot worse (like the skin split, and all the tissue is coming out of it). He can barely walk, because of where it's located. Plus, he is hiding, and he never hides. He's been in the bathtub, under the beds, under my desk. He just looks so sad and miserable. He is trying so hard to escape the house too.

I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow morning. I'm not 100% convinced that he will be coming home with me. I mean, if some tumor looking thing, pops up out of nowhere, that can't be anything good.

I'm sorry, Boogs - I know what it is to be scared for your furbaby. It could be his anal glands are abscessed and can be cleared up with draining and meds. I'm keeping a good thought.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Poor baby! Is he eating and drinking OK? I know when they hide, it's freaky and scary for us. Keep us posted!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I understand why you are freaked out and thinking the worst, but just wait and see what the vet says. I agree, it could be something as simple as an abscess. Unfortunately, you never know they are there until things get really gross. Just do what you can to stay calm and keep him comfortable until tomorrow.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Hope your kitty is ok Boogs!

Really hoping it's nothing serious, Boogs!
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Please let us know. Never heard of this. Hope he is ok.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Something is wrong with my OG cat Bob. He is MrBoogs and my first cat we got together as a couple, and had been my baby for the past 11 years. He's my baby.

Last night we noticed him licking his former ball area, rather ferociously. We are pervs, so we notice ferocious ball licking. We looked and all his fur was gone, and there was a gooey, weepy lesion, next to his former ball sac. I just looked a bit ago, and it looks a lot worse (like the skin split, and all the tissue is coming out of it). He can barely walk, because of where it's located. Plus, he is hiding, and he never hides. He's been in the bathtub, under the beds, under my desk. He just looks so sad and miserable. He is trying so hard to escape the house too.

I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow morning. I'm not 100% convinced that he will be coming home with me. I mean, if some tumor looking thing, pops up out of nowhere, that can't be anything good.
    Boogs, I'm glad you could still be funny in spite of your worry. As a fellow pet lover, I know how you worry. i'l be checking back to see if you update.

Could be his anal sac. Had he been dragging his ass on the carpets? If that's the case, they'd just have to express it and that's it. Hopefully that's all it is.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Nope not butt dragging or anything. Whatever it is, is about a half an inch from his bits, and kind of in his leg crease. You can tell, whatever it is, is agonizing for him. He hasn't really ate or drank much, and tries to keep as still as possible.

We are kind of thinking/hoping, that our new cat is the culprit, like a play fight gone wrong. Hopefully it is nothing major though, because he's my baby.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Boogs, one of my cats had something similar, except not really oozing. It was a case of play fighting gone bad. He had a limp from a cut that had gotten infected in the crease of one of his back legs. I took him to the vet and the said he just needed antibiotics. For $10 I could give him pills for a few days or for $40 I could have them give him a shot. Yeah, I went with the shot because there was no way he was going to be eating pills. He was mad for a while, but he was fine in a day or two. Sounds like something similar with your cat, just a little more infected and abscessed.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Boogs I hope everything is okay! Please let us know!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Hit By Ban Bus!

It was just a ruptured abscess. It's about the size of a dime, and instead of his one asshole winking at me, I temporarily have two of them winking at me. He is just on a round of antibiotics.

Thanks for all the comments.

Elite Member

So glad to hear this!! ^^ My Clubber's getting up in age and I know how sad and scary it can be when our pets begin to have health issues. Here's to hoping many, many more healthy years with our fury loved ones.

I'm glad that's all it was, Boogs!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information