Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By dowcat
  • 2 Post By Beeyotch
  • 2 Post By Quazar

Thread: Kittens born in a prison van are rescued after their mother 'broke in' to jail to...

Default Kittens born in a prison van are rescued after their mother 'broke in' to jail to...

Out on purr-role: Cute kittens born in a prison van are rescued after their mother 'broke in' to jail to give birth

• Six kittens were found in a van inside Parc Prison in Bridgend, South Wales
    • It is a mystery how cat managed to get inside to give birth to the kittens
    • Mother and her six kittens were rescued by animal centre Cats Protection

By SUZANNAH HILLS
    PUBLISHED: 11:20 GMT, 17 May 2013 | UPDATED: 16:00 GMT, 17 May 2013

Prison staff found themselves lumbered with some extra inmates after a cat broke in to a high security prison van to give birth to six kittens.

Wardens discovered the adorable cats when they opened the rear doors of the van parked inside Parc Prison in Bridgend, South Wales.
    They immediately called an animal centre to come and relieve the young kittens from their brief stretch behind bars.
    Scroll down for video

Jailcats: Kittens Jessica, Sherlock, Christie, Marple, Kojak and Morse were born inside a high security prison van
    Line up: Staff at Cats Protection in Bridgend named the kittens after detective legends Jessica, Sherlock, Christie, Marple, Kojak, and Morse

Freedom: The kittens pictured with their mother after being rescued from the van by Cats Protection

Adorable: It is still a mystery how the cat got in to the high security van to give birth to her kittens

But their frightened mother ran off before she could be caught - and left the kittens behind. They were bottle-fed every two hours and all were doing well today.

More...

Staff at Cats Protection in Bridgend named the kittens which were discovered on May 8 after detective legends Jessica, Sherlock, Christie, Marple, Kojak, and Morse

ADORABLE newborn kittens rescued from mystery prison spell

Centre manager Sue Dobbs, 46, said: 'It’s the first time we’ve rescued a cat from inside the walls of a well-guarded prison.

'We don’t know how the mother cat got in there - maybe inside the van.

'When staff opened the door at 8am they saw the cat and her six kittens lying there.

Purr-fect: Kittens Marple and Kojak cuddle up after being rescued from Parc Prison in Bridgend, South Wales

On the mend: The tiny kittens need to be fed every two hours but are healthy and growing well

'The temptation was to call them after notorious villains - but we decided to name them after more positive criminal-busting legends.'
    It is thought that the cats were only in the van for one night as it is used daily.
    The mother cat was later captured at the Parc Prison which houses 1200 men and young offenders.
    Staff were concerned she would reject her kittens as they had been bottle fed and handled by humans.

But they solved the problem by smearing the kittens with cat food to disguise the human smell.
    She has been named Agatha and was today back happily mothering her six kittens.

They will spend the next eight weeks at the cat rescue centre before being microchipped and re-homed.

Sleepyhead: The kittens will spend the next eight weeks at the cat rescue centre before they are microchipped and re-homed

Hungry kitten: Morse the kitten being fed at Cats Protection in Bridgend, south Wales

Feeling full: This kitten has been left covered in milk after being fed at Cats Protection

Read more: Out on purr-role: Cute kittens born in a prison van are rescued after their mother 'broke in' to jail to give birth | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Aw! I want one!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Spay and neuter your pets, it's breeding season for cats! /psa
    ConstanceSpry and Quazar like this.

^^Yes!! As cute as they are, there just aren't enough homes for all the ones left to breed by irresponsible owners.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I think I just melted into a puddle of goo.

Nothing cuter than a kitten except several kittens. I wish I could take them all. But millions are euthanized each year and millions more live outside as strays. Breaks my heart. Not only do pets need to be spayed/neutered but the strays have to be trapped and spayed/neutered as well. It's overwhelming.
    dowcat and ConstanceSpry like this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

I'll take all of them,please!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

they are adorable. love them all.

Ahhh, so cute! Goodbye, friends, I'm dead.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gold Member

Cute

Thread Information