Thread: Trash collector saves dog

Default Trash collector saves dog

Trash Collector Saves Dog From Garbage Bag, Fills Our Hearts With Hope

Victoria Roman, a trash collecter in NYC, was doing her job last week when she noticed a garbage bag move. Seeing as that was very weird, Roman opened the bag to find month old delivery food that had come to life. JK, it was way worse, a tiny Shih Tzu in very bad condition — her eyes were matted-shut and her toenails were so overgrown that she could barely stand.

"She was in horrible, terrible condition," Roman said. "It breaks my heart and I don't want to start crying, but she was in really, really bad shape."

Here's what she looked like:

If Roman hadn't have noticed her, she would've been crushed in the back of the truck, and then dumped at a landfill. But since she did, the small dog was able to get to Brooklyn Animal Resource Coalition (BARC), an animal shelter in Williamsburg where she was treated and saved.

She is now well on her way to recovery, and has a line of potential adopters out the door.

Oh, and the dog's name? It's Victoria, and here's what she looks like now:

Cue all the tears... annnnnd let 'em rip.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oops, I probably should have put this in the animal subforum. Mods?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

God bless that sweet woman! I really hope the dog was just rummaging through garbage and fell in and not that some vile POS put her in the trash.!!!

Poor little dog. At best she was neglected. What a nice lady.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What a sick piece of slime to do this to a living thing. Wonderful woman who rescued her. Little Victoria is beautiful now....warms my heart. I like to think there are more heros amongst us than devils, lately though its been hard.
    I blew the tranny in my car.........thanks MsDark.

Yay for the rescuer! Thank goodness she noticed the bag move. Lucky little doggy

I really believe in karma and the sick assholes who did this to this poor, defenseless dog will get theirs.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Poor little Victoria, and I hope who ever is responsible for her neglect gets it back double!!! I'm so glad that she's healing so nicely; I'm sure she'll make some lucky human a wonderful companion.

Lucky pup but it just makes me sick to think of all the animals thrown in the trash who DON'T get saved in time. It happens. I hate humans so much sometimes (OK most times).
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Lucky pup but it just makes me sick to think of all the animals thrown in the trash who DON'T get saved in time. It happens. I hate humans so much sometimes (OK most times).
    NYC allows you to put deceased animals out with your trash- you just need to double bag it. I wonder often how many bags a- actually have animals in them b- how many were put in those bags alive.

Gold Member

Poor thing I'm glad she's doing well

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    NYC allows you to put deceased animals out with your trash- you just need to double bag it. I wonder often how many bags a- actually have animals in them b- how many were put in those bags alive.
    Unbearable to think about.

I'm involved in animal rescue and just when you think you've heard the worst possible story, another one tops it. Wish I could do more to help. It's never enough. At least this little one has a chance.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    NYC allows you to put deceased animals out with your trash- you just need to double bag it.
    I don't think I could do that. I mean, I realize they don't have backyards to bury them in, and I'm not even all that sentimental about bodies after death, but I just cannot imagine putting my dead pet out with the garbage.

Awesome that this pup got a new lease on life!

Thread Information