• 4 Post By Laurent
  • 1 Post By Brookie
  • 2 Post By McJag
  • 2 Post By yanna
  • 2 Post By ConstanceSpry

Thread: Pitbull Puppy Abused, Starved, and Dragged by a Car

Default Pitbull Puppy Abused, Starved, and Dragged by a Car

IN THE NEWS
    Abused, Starved, and Dragged By a Car: A Pit Bull Puppy Named Freckles Somehow Survives

He's not yet a year old, but his life has been hellish. Now he's in the care of Noah's Ark Rescue.
    Liz Acosta | Apr 4th 2013 | 21 Contributions

It wasn't enough to abuse poor Freckles. News reports indicate that the Pit Bull who wasn't even a year old was abandoned in a trash receptacle to die, after being starved to a skeletal 30 pounds and dragged behind a car or truck.

Freckles' condition shortly after his discovery.

Alerted to the sounds of a dog crying in a garbage bin, animal control officers in Baltimore found the grisly scene. Freckles' bones poked from his skin -- literally. Whole sections of bone lay raw and exposed, the result of being dragged behind a car.
    Animal Control rushed the dog to Essex Middle River Veterinary Center, where X-rays revealed foreign objects in his stomach. One doctor commented that he'd "never seen something that severe."

Freckles wears a cone for his own protection.

Freckles undergoes physical therapy to help him regain his strength and motor skills.

Named Freckles for his spotty ears, the puppy was transferred to Noah's Ark Rescue in South Carolina where he is making a slow recovery. Since his discovery, he's undergone a series of surgeries and is on powerful antibiotics to tame the infection threatening his body. His mangled legs are wrapped in bandages, and a soft cone prevents him from licking the wounds. With a great deal of assistance, the puppy can stand on his own. It might only be for short periods of time at this point, but he is steadily regaining his strength.

Freckles rests with his legs bandaged.

You can stay up to date with Freckles' progress on the Noah's Ark Rescue Facebook page, but please be warned: The page contains graphic images that might be upsetting to some. Check out the Noah's Ark Rescue website for information on how you can make a donation toward Freckles' medical expenses.
    Story via Huffington Post; photos via Noah Ark's Rescue (contains graphic images).

http://www.dogster.com/the-scoop/new...e+of+Dog+Blog)

This story is so heartbreaking. How cruelly this poor, sweet baby was treated and he wasn't even a year old yet. I am so glad these good people found him. They have saved his life. Those evil monsters who did this to him deserve to die but sadly, I doubt they'll ever find out who this and bring them to justice. I wanted to share this story with everyone on GR. I know a lot of you guys are animal lovers and I hope this story will inspire some of you guys to donate. As you can see from the article, Freckles' injuries were the worst that this rescue center have ever seen, and his medical bills are going to be extremely expensive. After I read this story I had to donate. It may not be much but every little bit helps. If you go to their FB page you can see this little guy's progress. It looks like he's in good hands and he's going to have a very happy, healthy life ahead of him!

Fuck animal abusers. Fuck them with something sharp and pointy and roast them in the hottest pits of hell.
    rockchick, Honey, dowcat and 1 others like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

There really is a special place in hell for people who do this. Get better, big guy.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

If you have ever loved a Pit you know how loving and sweet they can be. How someone could be so cruel is beyond me.
    I hope this dog lives and gets a loving family.
    dowcat and Bluebonnet like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I just can't even read this story, it makes my heart hurt. I clicked so it wouldn't keep coming up on New Posts.

Just the title is enough for me. That's absolutely heartbreaking.
    Bluebonnet and roslyntaberfan like this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Why is it the ones who suffer the most seem to have the sweetest faces? I don't know how anyone could look at that little boy and want to hurt him.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Poor little guy, I hope he has the best life any dog can have from now on. As for the deviant monster(s) who hurt him, and all the others who harm innocent creatures, may they end up suffering 10000000000000000 times more than the suffering they inflict.
    Serendipity and Bluebonnet like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Those fuckers will get what's coming to them!! God judges people who harm His creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I just can't even read this story, it makes my heart hurt. I clicked so it wouldn't keep coming up on New Posts.
    I did the same thing. I can't even read it. Poor baby.

It looks like freckles is doing well! He starting to be able to walk on his own again! These people are awesome! You guys should check out their FB page. Here's a link of him walking.

Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

oh man,...that is terrible!!! He does have the sweetest little face. I don't understand how anyone can hurt creatures who depend on us and love us more than themselves. Sickening!

So glad he is recovering and hope he gets a great home.

Update yesterday: He has an open wound on his leg and are awaiting cultures to determine the type of infection. If it's Staph and in the bone they will need to amputate his leg.

Thread Information