Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Rescued two puppies yesterday...

Default Rescued two puppies yesterday...

On my way to work, I saw 2 little black puppies running down the middle of the road. I slowed down and moved over and kept on going. I have never picked up strays, but something told me not to leave those puppies. I pulled over and called them to me. I didn't have anything to put them in but I did have a blanket in the trunk. I put it in the floorboard of the backseat and put them in. Took them to work and called the vet's office next door. They held them for me until I could take them to the shelter. I really hated to do that, but knew I couldn't take them home. I could have never lived with myself if I would have seen one or both of them dead on the road on my way home...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

KD
    Elite Member

Default Re: Rescued two puppies yesterday...

What a kind and compassionate heart you have. Good for you.

PS Who in the Hell dumps puppies off???!!! This shit fries just me. Get your dog/cat fixed, there are discount places that do it for $35-40. There is no excuse for unwanted puppies and kittens.
    Last edited by KD; July 3rd, 2006 at 04:37 PM.

Silver Member

How sweet! They will find homes, good karma!

Thats really nice of you sweetrebel. I can't stand people who dump pups off to fend for themselves. Our family dog was a stray - we found him after Christmas, wandering around on the streets covered in bruises and hungry. He was the most loving dog.

I hope your two pups bring you lots of joy or that you find a great home for them.

^^I had to take them to the shelter. There are 2 dogs that adopted us a few months back, and I really couldn't see me having 2 more.
    Hopefully they will be adopted soon because they are puppies....

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel
    ^^I had to take them to the shelter. There are 2 dogs that adopted us a few months back, and I really couldn't see me having 2 more.
    Hopefully they will be adopted soon because they are puppies....
    Praying here they'll get a good home. Good thing you at least picked them up, or else people would have run them over. The latest addition here at home were 3 kittens who were left in front of my house back in April. One was almost dying (he was very cold and not breathing properly). All 3 are big and strong and so loving right now (they had a heating pad to sleep on, baby mix milk every 2 hours, bathing and drying every 2 days and LOTS of love). Of my 10 cats, 9 were stray and of my 11 dogs, 10 were stray. That is aside from the ones that died along the years (especially cats that got stolen or ran over by heartless bastards). I'm just sorry I can't get any more animals since my house and yard are very small.

Way to go sweetrebel.

I have a similar story: in Roadtown, Tortola (British Virgin Islands), I noticed a mother duck with her baby ducks were dodging the single lane traffic from afternoon rush hour (small town, this was a single one way road), trying to cross the road. So I stepped in between 2 cars, with my hand out in a 'stop' signal, let the mom and her little ducks cross safely. Even a local that I made wait in traffic cos of this appauded my actions. Made me feel grrrrrreat.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay
    Way to go sweetrebel.

I have a similar story: in Roadtown, Tortola (British Virgin Islands), I noticed a mother duck with her baby ducks were dodging the single lane traffic from afternoon rush hour (small town, this was a single one way road), trying to cross the road. So I stepped in between 2 cars, with my hand out in a 'stop' signal, let the mom and her little ducks cross safely. Even a local that I made wait in traffic cos of this appauded my actions. Made me feel grrrrrreat.
    Way to go. My mom did a similar thing when she found a wounded pidgeon (which healed and survived, BTW), but instead of being applauded, ignorance spoke louder and she was yealled at for stopping traffic.

I once had just gotten out of the bus and my cat was crossing the street. He stopped when he saw me on the sidewalk on the other side and there was this lady who just kept speeding in his direction. In an impulse, I litterally ran and jumped in front of her moving car, and she hit the brakes fast and hard. I picked up my cat and made my way home, and the bitch just sat there pale, glued back to her seat and staring, probably thinking of the trouble she'd be in had she hit a human being.

My older sister was notorious for bringing home strays. She jumped a ditch to get a dog one day and ended up with a broken ankle. Dog was safe though! We had taken some things to the landfill one day and my mother heard something (we all thought it was a huge rat and wouldn't help her) Turned out she found a litter of puppies someone had dumped in a cooler. They all lived.
    We have nursed everything under the sun! We have tried to warm up baby birds in the oven--with close supervision on very very low heat and the door open
    My uncle had a pig farm and he would bring any sick/runt piglets to my mother to nurse/raise. Some made it and some didn't. We have a pet cemetery in our back yard at my grandma's. We buried them all.

My dog was a rescue dog and so is one of my mothers-they end up being so spoiled!!! Or maybe that is just us...

Bronze Member

Aaawww...See, there are still some good people in the world!

Thread Information