Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By rollo
  • 8 Post By angelais

Thread: Crime report 'written' by a police dog

Default Crime report 'written' by a police dog

'I chase him, I bite him'... the crime report written by a DOG: Officer investigated after submitting witness statement in character as animal

• Prosecutors had asked for account of crime from 'PC Peach' - a dog
    • Form completed as if written by Alsatian and signed with paw print
    • Report pinned up at police station and shared on Twitter
    • Officer behind joke referred himself to internal discipline unit

By Martin Beckford
    PUBLISHED: 22:54, 16 February 2013 | UPDATED: 22:59, 16 February 2013

Joke: Police are under investigation for jokingly filling in a witness statement in the name of force dog 'PC Peach', pictured with his handler

Police are under investigation for jokingly filling in a witness statement in the name of a force dog.

Officers became exasperated when prosecutors asked for an account of a crime from a ‘PC Peach’, not realising Peach was the name of a police dog.
    So they completed the form as if it had been written by the alsatian, and signed it with a paw print.
    The dog’s statement read: ‘I chase him. I bite him. Bad man. He tasty. Good boy. Good boy Peach.’
    The form was pinned up at a West Midlands Police station last week for the amusement of colleagues, who are often at odds with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) over the handling of cases.

Another officer took a photo of the statement and it found its way to a ‘cop humour’ page on Facebook on Friday.
    The image was later deleted but the dog section of a different force, West Yorkshire, enjoyed it so much they posted the image on Twitter in a tweet that was shared more than 150 times.
    The CPS, however, failed to see the funny side. Officials are believed to have complained to police that their mistake has been turned into a very public joke.
    This is being considered by West Midlands Police’s Professional Standards Department and the officer who shared the picture, PC Mark Tissington, referred himself to the internal discipline unit. Sources say he is unlikely to be reprimanded.
    It comes just a week after The Mail on Sunday revealed new guidelines for police on the safe use of the internet, which advise officers against sharing ‘operational material’ online.

Ian Edwards, chairman of the West Midlands branch of the Police Federation, said: ‘It’s a difficult time for police and sometimes humour is a way of venting frustrations. I would urge our PSD to be even-handed in the way they deal with it.’
    The CPS declined to comment.

Paws for thought: The witness statement was written as a joke after prosecutors asked for an account of a crime by 'PC Peach', not realising that the officer was actually an alsatian

Read more: I chase him, I bite him... the crime report by a dog!: Police investigate after completing witness statement as written by force dog | Mail Online
    Froogy, yanna, Brookie and 3 others like this.

I think that's a riot.

Have they lost all sense of humor? This would make a great public support tool for all of them.
    I quite like this idea and wish our police dogs could write up their viewpoint of a capture.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That's hysterical.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

When I lived in LA, I saw a police dog in action in my neighborhood. They locked down our neighborhood while they tried to flush out several burglars/home invasion robbers. I guess they caught them in the crawlspace of a house down the street. We were trapped in our house, watching from the windows. They were loading the guy on a gurney and you could see the blood on his shirt and the dog was jumping and dancing around. Before they cleared the neighborhood, the dog and his handler were running and playing in the street. Those dogs enjoy their work!

I love it! I work at the District Attorney's office and I remember an attorney trying to send a subpoena to a Sheriff's deputy named Branson. I looked through the report and it kept mentioning that Branson was with the other officer, etc. etc. I issud the subpoena and forwarded it to the Sheriff's department. They returned it informing us Branson was the
    K-9 and that he wasn't available for court on that date because he had an appointment with the groomer. LOL!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

At our old house the lady 3 doors up was assulted by two teen age girls(they sprayed her when she opened the door) and took her jewelry. Our police brought out a gorgeous bloodhound. I can see his report now-lots of fun ducks & squirrels to see here! He was very dedicated though.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

People and dogs do start to look like each other. Don't they have the same look?

It's a little harmless fun. I can't believe people are getting their knickers in a twist over it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The story is hysterical and very cute. Plus, I think it's kind of important for police officers, fire fighters, EMTs, etc. to blow of a little steam. No reason to investigate the man who did it.
    Last edited by Waterslide; February 23rd, 2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: changed a word
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Hilarious that they did that. Wish I could say I can't believe the powers that be penalised him for it, but I can.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Officials are believed to have complained to police that their mistake has been turned into a very public joke.

Miserable bastards! Peach has more of a sense of humour than they have.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Thread Information