• 1 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By Fran

Thread: Florida woman finds owl stuck in her car grill

Default Florida woman finds owl stuck in her car grill

Florida woman finds owl stuck in her car grill

Woman thought she hit, killed bird

Posted: 02/11/2013
    Last Updated: 3 hours ago
    A Florida driver who said she thought she had accidentally hit a bird, but was very surprised when she got out of her car and saw two big eyes looking back at her.
    The woman immediately called Florida Fish and Wildlife. An officer showed up and freed the owl.
    The officer said the owl appears to be in good shape and suffered no injuries.
    23ABC News - Florida woman finds owl stuck in her car grill - News Story - Local News - Bakersfield News, Bakersfield, California News & Bakersfield News Local Headlines - KERO TurnTo23

Poor baby, I'm glad the owl was OK.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I love owls. I remember being at a wildlife refuge and the handler there said that great horned owls have such good eyesight, that they could sit on a goalpost at a football stadium and distinguish individual characters on a newspaper at the opposite goalpost. But that all their brainpower was geared around their eyesight, so they really aren't very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I love owls. I remember being at a wildlife refuge and the handler there said that great horned owls have such good eyesight, that they could sit on a goalpost at a football stadium and distinguish individual characters on a newspaper at the opposite goalpost. But that all their brainpower was geared around their eyesight, so they really aren't very smart.
    I didn't know they weren't very smart, though that makes sense about how their brains work. I love owls, too, though I only seem them from time to time out in the wild. I have seen them frequently at wildlife refuges. I can't imagine seeing those eyes staring back at me from the front of my car though, it's crazy.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Well I'm glad the owl is okay.

My vet's office had a baby owl they were nursing back to health and they would let it roam around in the enclosed reception area. The first time I ever saw one up that close, it didn't even look real with those freaky eyes but they are really beautiful. Glad this little guy had a happy ending, that was probably a wild ride!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

we live in the mountains and at night we hear them. Its so cool
    Waterslide likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^Same here. We live in the canyons and they are so loud at night. I love owls.

I love owls. Not only are they pretty, but they keep the varmint population down.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I have to share my owl story: My boyfriend picked me and my sister up from nursing school one Friday night, and as we were driving home, we saw a baby owl in the road. My sister insisted on going back for it, and she caught it without too much difficulty, and we were off again. When we arrived home. she confessed that the owl had escaped inside the car. We did an exhaustive search with flashlights; no owl. We assumed it must have escaped when we exited the car.

The next morning, however, my boyfriend discovered the interior of his car was well-coated with owl dung. He was not happy, and was too angry at my sister to keep the owl for her. The owl went free, and it was a very long time before he could laugh at the memory.
    Janet296 likes this.

Oh, Fran!! That's great and horrible at the same time. Reminds me of my friend who picked up a stray cat in the middle of a pretty major road. The cat returned the favor by peeing all over the interior of her car. That smell NEVER came out.

Thread Information