Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By Rachel
  • 4 Post By laynes

Thread: Puppy 'lucky to be alive' after being discovered locked inside laptop bag

Default Puppy 'lucky to be alive' after being discovered locked inside laptop bag

Puppy 'lucky to be alive' after being discovered locked inside laptop bag when it was dumped under a bush

• Staffordshire Bull Terrier Apollo was found under a bush in Cambridge

By ANTHONY BOND
    PUBLISHED: 12:55 GMT, 1 February 2013 | UPDATED: 13:00 GMT, 1 February 2013

With his adorable little face and cute floppy ears, its hard to believe that anybody could be cruel to this young pup.
    But 10-week-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier Apollo is lucky to be alive after being found abandoned in a zipped-up laptop bag.
    The playful pooch was found by a member of the public under a bush in Cambridge city centre.

Cruel: Ten-week-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier Apollo was found abandoned in a laptop computer bag in Cambridge

She noticed the bulging bag moving as she walked through the city and was shocked when the whimpering pup emerged.
    The abandoned dog was then taken to Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire, where he is now being cared for by staff.

Linda Cantle, deputy head of animal welfare, said: 'This little dog is lucky to be alive. Apollo would have been hot and barely able to move or even breathe.
    'We would urge anyone no longer able to care for their pet to act responsibly and call a rescue centre like Wood Green.'

Cute: A member of the public noticed the bulging bag moving as she walked through the city and was stunned when the whimpering pup emerged

Support: The abandoned dog was then taken to Wood Green Animal Shelter in Cambridgeshire where he is now being cared for by staff

The pup has be named after the Greek god of healing and will now live with a member of the care centre's staff until he is ready to be rehomed.
    Apollo is one of thousands of animals that have been helped by the shelter in the past year.
    Since January 2012 the total number of dogs rescued by the centre Is a staggering 3,881.

Read more: Puppy 'lucky to be alive' after being discovered locked inside laptop bag when it was dumped under a bush | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

People suck!!

Look at this little guy. What a cutie.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'd like to zip whoever did this to poor Apollo into a bag! *shakes fist*

So cute! I don't get why people abandon dogs (or lock them in bags??) when they can take them to a rescue shelter

What a gorgeous little guy. People do suck for the most part. Who thinks up this stuff? Goddamn.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    So cute! I don't get why people abandon dogs (or lock them in bags??) when they can take them to a rescue shelter
    Seriously. And so many rescue have "night drop boxes" now so you can remain anonymous if you want. Geez.. or at least put them on a leash and leave him in front of a rescue or vets office if you don't want them.

I have no tolerance for people who are cruel to animals. I just rescued a German Shepherd who was abused and it breaks my heart. She's coming along, but I'd really love to take a 2x4 to the head of the person who beat her.
    KrisNine, Brookie, McJag and 1 others like this.

Such a darling puppy. Whoever did this has no soul.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    It depends on where you live. When I was a broke ass college student I found a kitten about 8 weeks old out freezing in the snow. I took it inside and canvassed the neighborhood for a few days to try to find an owner. When I couldn't find anyone, I tried to take it to a shelter and they tried to charge me $40 to take it, stating that since I'd had the cat more than 48 hours I was considered the owner and they wouldn't take hr without me paying for it. As a broke college student I neither had the money nor could I afford to keep feeding it, etc. Luckily, the place I worked part-time donated the $40 for me so the shelter would take her.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

awww he's a beautiful little guy. Wish I'd have found him. I'd have loved him lots.

Some people are pure evil. Why they have to torture an innocent animal is beyond me. As a foster mother to many, many rescues over the years, nothing saddens me more than the ones that are made to suffer. I just recently heard of another dog that was found in a garbage bag, with hundreds of buck shot pellets in his face (he may be blind because of it) and body. Texas woman raises $10,000 on Facebook to help dog that was shot repeatedly in face - NY Daily News

Thread Information