Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By gas_chick
  • 2 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By KrisNine
  • 2 Post By shedevilang

Thread: Elton, the 'gay' dog, saved from euthanasia

Default Elton, the 'gay' dog, saved from euthanasia

This healthy male American Bulldog mix is scheduled to be put down later today at the Rabies Control shelter in Jackson, Tennesee.
    "Not bc he is mean or bc he tears things up," says a Facebook user who calls herself the "Jackson Madison Rabies Control Stalker."

No: "Because his owner says he's gay."

According to the 39-year-old mother-of-four who pays regular visits to the kill shelter looking for dogs to rescue, this unloved pooch was rejected because he was found "hunched [over]" another male dog.
    "His owner threw him away bc he refuses to have a 'gay' dog!" she writes. "Don't let this gorgeous dog die [because] his owner is ignorant of normal dog behavior! He's in kennel 10L and he WILL be put down tomorrow bc there is no room at the inn!"

Never ones to shy away from a good cause, Facebook users from across the country jumped at the opportunity to rescue the doomed dog
    Multiple people and at least one canine rescue group volunteered to show up at the shelter as soon as the doors open this morning and have him pulled from death row
    "I am adopting this big boy first thing in the morning," wrote Facebook user Stephanie Fryns of WOOF Connections. "He will be neutered/ htwm tested/ and vetted. He will be temperament tested and then places in a rescue verified and approved home."
    Per her latest update, she is already outside the shelter, waiting to be let in: "I have talked to them.. they know and will let me in at open. "

UPDATE: Rescued! According to The Tennessean, Gawker's coverage of the "gay dog" story had resulted in a flood of calls to the Jackson shelter where he was being kept. "I have had about 10 million calls this morning. It has been adopted already. It is gone," said an unnamed shelter employee. "He's in good hands."

Facebook Users Mount Campaign to Save 'Gay Dog' from Being Put Down by Tennessee Kill Shelter [UPDATE: Rescued!]

Dear Jeebus some folks should be wiped off the map. I'm happy Elton has been rescued.
    HelpMeRhonda, KrisNine and dowcat like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

i wish they'd name the poor dog's fucktard of a previous owner. and post a picture of him too.
    laynes and Rachel like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I hate most people. Stories like this help me feel good about my decision.

Elton is beyond adorable and I hope he gets a good home.
    dowcat likes this.

what a fucking retarded waste of space. Most of my animals are tri-sexual they don't give a fuck what they hump lol I still love them
    KrisNine and laynes like this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

My dogs are probably gay. Try to harm me and they would bite your face right off. Love those doggies!
    This dog deserved a decent home anyway.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elton, huh? Well, as a gay dog, he sure had the right name But glad he's found a loving home.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thread Information