Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KrisNine
  • 1 Post By Trixie

Thread: Well-dressed monkey in a winter coat and diapers escapes car and heads to Ikea

fgg

Default Well-dressed monkey in a winter coat and diapers escapes car and heads to Ikea

Was he doing his Christmas shopping? Well-dressed monkey in a winter coat and diapers escapes car and heads to Ikea

An unaccompanied monkey wearing a stylish winter coat and a diaper surprised Sunday shoppers at a Toronto Ikea.

The fashionable rhesus macaque, sporting a miniature shearling jacket, was first spotted in the parking lot, before roaming around and eventually being cornered inside the store. Police believe that the pet had been in a car before escaping from both a crate and the vehicle to look around Ikea. Canadian police said: 'It's a smart monkey.'

Warm and dry: The monkey that visited Ikea was wearing a thick winter coat and a diaper

Holiday shopping: The monkey roamed around the store before being collected by animal services

Shopper Bronwyn Page told Toronto CTVNews of when she spotted the unusual customer outside the store: 'We saw a crowd of people and a little animal and I was like oh my gosh its a monkey. Page first believed that the seven-month-old animal was fake but discovered otherwise when the monkey showed signs of distress. 'It started darting all over the place. It was scared.' She added: 'It was very bizarre to see a real live monkey there. It was really small and just funny dressed in the coat.'

Toronto animal services eventually caught the monkey inside the store. The primate's owners, who had been shopping in Ikea, came forward after the incident. They now face $240 fine for having an illegal pet.

The rhesus macaque species is not endangered but it is against the law to keep the animal in Ontario. The monkey remains in the care of animal services but is said to have recovered from its stressful shopping experience and is in good health.
    News of a monkey in a coat visiting Ikea quickly went viral on social networks. On Twitter, #Ikeamonkey trended and there are least two parody accounts. There is also an Ikea Monkey page on Facebook.
    A new internet meme also developed, with the warm and smart monkey being depicted in a range of unlikely situations.

Was he doing his Christmas shopping? Well-dressed monkey in a winter coat and diapers escapes car and heads to Ikea | Mail Online

pics of him at the link!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

What was the diaper made of?

I saw this video. It cracked me up seeing that monkey in a little fur coat. The monkey seemed comfortable in it...lol

Aw, what a sweet monkey. He just wanted to go shopping like everybody else.

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Love the pics! He does look so comfortable in his little outfit doesn't he?
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

It's is cute and I hate to be the Debbie Downer but this poor guy. I don't think you should be able to own a monkey in the first place, but irresponsible owners like these are what gets little guys like this in a lot of trouble or even worse!!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    It's is cute and I hate to be the Debbie Downer but this poor guy. I don't think you should be able to own a monkey in the first place, but irresponsible owners like these are what gets little guys like this in a lot of trouble or even worse!!
    I agree. Chimpanzees, especially. They are vicious killers. This little guy is adorable though!

I agree it's awful and people shouldn't be allowed to own them, and I'm glad he is ok, but omg I can't stop laughing! That coat!! Priceless!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

It's illegal to have one. Little dude is now in a sanctuary so he gets to be with other monkeys and the owner is being fined. She claims that it wasn't her monkey and she's just been monkeysitting it for the past half a year. Suuure.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Good. May he live out his life with those of his own kind, and give them all fashion tips.
    ManxMouse likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Hot Slut Of The Day! | Dlisted

Hot Slut Of The Day!

The tiny monkey who brought some glamour and high fashion to the North York Ikea parking garage in Toronto yesterday afternoon.
    "I didn't know Kim Kardashian was in Toronto!" was shouted by dozens of people at Ikea yesterday afternoon when a tiny monkey wearing a shearling coat and a diaper ran through the parking garage looking for its owner. Ikea is already a damn zoo and it became a zoo of potent glamour when the Anna Wintour of monkeys ("But Michael, Anna Wintour IS the Anna Wintour of monkeys." - you "Point taken." - me) escaped out of its owner's car and started causing a scene like the drama queen it is.
    The Star says that the monkey's owner is a true dumb bitch, because he left his pet monkey in a closed cage in the car while he went off to buy some Billy bookshelves. The monkey did not put on that sophisticated coat just so it could sit in the car. It needed bitches to see its glamour. So it escaped out of its cage and got out of the car. When it started screaming through the parking lot, security was called. The monkey never made it into the store. Animal Services showed up and identified the monkey as a rhesus macaque, a species that is illegal to own in Ontario. The dumb bitch owner later tried to claim the coat-wearing monkey, but instead of getting his monkey back, he got a charge for owning a prohibited animal. The monkey and its owner will never be reunited.
    Okay, who takes their pet monkey to Ikea and keeps it in a crate in the car while they go and eat Swedish meatballs? Bubbles needs to slap a bitch for doing that. That poor monkey. It looks so sad. I don't know if it's sad because it's at Ikea (I mean, that is the same face I make when I'm at Ikea), or it's sad because it was put in a beige coat. Red is obviously that monkey's color.

(For everybody who sent this in)
    I love Michael K's take on things.

The monkey did not put on that sophisticated coat just so it could sit in the car. It needed bitches to see its glamour.
    Damn right! hahaha

Hope the lil guy's doing ok at the sanctuary. I saw his mama on the teevee and she is definitely cray.

Thread Information