Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Laurent
  • 1 Post By Honey
  • 4 Post By Quazar
  • 1 Post By KrisNine
  • 1 Post By McJag

Thread: Puppy dragged behind truck progressing

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Default Puppy dragged behind truck progressing

Injured pup gains strength, wins hearts : Stltoday

Injured pup gains strength, wins hearts

Print Email

Humane Society of Missouri
    Humane Society of Missouri photo of Trooper taken on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012.

17 hours ago • By Kim Bell kbell@post-dispatch.com 314-340-8115

RELATED VIDEO

Trooper's First Fetch

ST. LOUIS • A pit bull puppy that was dragged down a St. Louis interstate behind a truck last month is doing well and rapidly endearing himself to his rescuers at the Humane Society of Missouri.
    “He’s my little buddy,” Debbie Hill, vice president of operations at the Humane Society, said of the dog they’ve named Trooper. “He’s the little buddy of a lot of people here. He has touched people’s hearts.”
    About the only area uninjured on his body was his tail and that is wagging nearly non-stop, Hill said.
    In an update on the dog’s condition Wednesday, the Humane Society says it is optimistic the dog’s severely injured leg can be saved. Meanwhile, the reward for information that helps authorities find and convict the person who tied the dog to the truck has doubled to $5,000.
    The 5 ½-month-old pit bull puppy was dragged behind a truck on Interstate 55 without the driver’s knowledge after the dog’s leash somehow became attached to the trailer hitch of the truck on Nov. 21. The animal was dragged under a trailer pulled by the truck for about a mile, investigators said. The driver didn’t own the dog or know how he became attached to the truck.
    The dog had a blue collar, but no microchip or tags.
    Trooper underwent surgery last week to clean and further close his wounds. A shoulder and leg were severely injured. Staffers are now more hopeful than they were initially that Trooper’s leg can be saved.
    “We’re probably at about a 50-50 chance to save the leg,” Hill said. “If healing stops or he develops some other problems ... you never know.”
    Trooper is eating and drinking normally and is walking on his own several times a day but still faces another six to eight weeks of treatment and rehabilitation. His caregivers are most worried about the threat of infection.
    As for the reward, the Humane Society of Missouri is working with local police to investigate who tied Trooper to the truck. An anonymous donor kicked in more money to bump the reward to $5,000. The money is for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible. Hill said “we have some leads” about who tied the dog to the truck but she said the investigation continues.
    Anyone with information is asked to call the Humane Society’s animal cruelty hotline at 314-647-4400.
    Callers have contacted the Humane Society about adopting the dog, but the organization said it must first focus on his health.

What a sweet boy! Im really beginning to hate humans.

Whoever tied that poor animal to the truck should be horsewhipped repeatedly. Assuming he's truly innocent in all this, I feel for the driver of the truck - I can't imagine what I'd do if I realized that I'd inadvertantly dragged a poor, helpless animal down a highway for a mile.
    Honey likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Oh my god! He's a darling, his face is adorable

ManxMouse likes this.

Why? Just why?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Unbearable to think about. Poor baby.

I've said this many times, maybe it should be my signature - The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.
    Brookie, laynes, rockchick and 1 others like this.

People are disgusting. Poor little baby I hope he fully recovers and gets a loving home.

Oh, and I hope the people that did this to him die in a fire.
    laynes likes this.

Poor precious doggy! Who could be so cruel. I hope they are caught and run over with a big truck. I would be happy to drive.
    laynes likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Bronze Member

Wish him a speedy recovery!

Such a sweet face.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

The poor little sweetheart. It makes me feel sick that somebody would do this - it's an absolute disgrace. Karma's a bitch and they'll get what they deserve.

I really hope he makes a full recovery and ends up in a happy home somewhere.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Arrest made in case of Trooper, the puppy dragged behind truck in Missouri

An arrest has finally been made in the case of Trooper, a pitbull puppy that was dragged by a truck in Missouri back in November. Thanks to an investigation by St Louis Police with the assistance of The Humane Society of Missouri, Bennetta Johnson, 41, of East St. Louis, Illinois was arrested this week.
    Prosecutors filed a misdemeanor animal abuse charge Friday against the woman. The pitbull being dragged for about a mile down Interstate 55 with nearly fatal results.
    The puppy suffered multiple injuries and emergency surgery was performed at The Humane Society of Missouri . The non-profit animal rescue organization has been caring for him while he heals. The dog was named Trooper by workers there.

Woman instructed son to tie puppy to truck

It is believed that Johnson had instructed her 13 year old son to tie the puppy to the pick up truck owned by her ex-husband Vernon Washington. Washington later got into the truck and drove it along the highway in St. Louis with the dog still tied to the vehicle. Police were alerted by passersby and stopped him. He was upset and told officials he had no idea the puppy was tied to his truck.
    The puppy was a gift he had given Johnson's daughter months before. Johnson had her son tie the puppy to his truck with the intent of returning the dog to Washington.
    The Humane Society of Missouri has received an outpouring of concern for the dog and issued this statement "Due to the extent of his injuries, Trooper's adoption will not take place until January or February and he is not able to have visitors. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual adoption queries at this time. Information about his adoption will be posted to this page at a later date. Please check back often."

To donate to the Humane society of Missouri click HERE. Visit the website of Humane society of Missouri at www.hsmo.org To read the original stories about the case click on the links below

Arrest made in case of Trooper, the puppy dragged behind truck in Missouri - Kansas City Pet Rescue | Examiner.com

Treats: The humane society reports numerous gifts, cards and donations sent to them since his injuries last month, with Trooper seen here enjoying a cookie sent in

Open hearts: Along with the gifts, some pictured, the humane society rewards an overwhelming interest in adopting the dog once he has recovered

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2FiWTdvVM
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Anyone who hurts children and animals need to be locked up forever. Children and animals are the most precious and pure things in the world.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Arrest made in case of Trooper, the puppy dragged behind truck in Missouri

An arrest has finally been made in the case of Trooper, a pitbull puppy that was dragged by a truck in Missouri back in November. Thanks to an investigation by St Louis Police with the assistance of The Humane Society of Missouri, Bennetta Johnson, 41, of East St. Louis, Illinois was arrested this week.
    Prosecutors filed a misdemeanor animal abuse charge Friday against the woman. The pitbull being dragged for about a mile down Interstate 55 with nearly fatal results.
    The puppy suffered multiple injuries and emergency surgery was performed at The Humane Society of Missouri . The non-profit animal rescue organization has been caring for him while he heals. The dog was named Trooper by workers there.

Woman instructed son to tie puppy to truck

It is believed that Johnson had instructed her 13 year old son to tie the puppy to the pick up truck owned by her ex-husband Vernon Washington. Washington later got into the truck and drove it along the highway in St. Louis with the dog still tied to the vehicle. Police were alerted by passersby and stopped him. He was upset and told officials he had no idea the puppy was tied to his truck.
    The puppy was a gift he had given Johnson's daughter months before. Johnson had her son tie the puppy to his truck with the intent of returning the dog to Washington.
    The Humane Society of Missouri has received an outpouring of concern for the dog and issued this statement "Due to the extent of his injuries, Trooper's adoption will not take place until January or February and he is not able to have visitors. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual adoption queries at this time. Information about his adoption will be posted to this page at a later date. Please check back often."

To donate to the Humane society of Missouri click HERE. Visit the website of Humane society of Missouri at www.hsmo.org To read the original stories about the case click on the links below

Arrest made in case of Trooper, the puppy dragged behind truck in Missouri - Kansas City Pet Rescue | Examiner.com

Treats: The humane society reports numerous gifts, cards and donations sent to them since his injuries last month, with Trooper seen here enjoying a cookie sent in

Open hearts: Along with the gifts, some pictured, the humane society rewards an overwhelming interest in adopting the dog once he has recovered

Read more: Trooper the pit bull puppy was nearly dragged to death 'after ex-wife tied gifted dog to husband's truck' | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Jeezus! Perhaps telling him the dog was tied to the back of the truck would have been nice. Some people are just dumb, lazy, assholes. There really is no other way to put it.

Bronze Member

Hope that he is fine now, the owner should pay more attention to him as well as the driver should be punished heavily

Thread Information