Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By FullMetal
  • 3 Post By dowcat
  • 2 Post By dolem

Thread: Oregon Zoo's Newborn Elephant Sold to Circus

Bronze Member

Default Oregon Zoo's Newborn Elephant Sold to Circus

Cutest elephant was just born and is playing with her mom in some wood chips. Contracts just surfaced which give ownership to a private company that does traveling shows in a month.

I'm really surprised. I'm not the biggest fan of zoos in general, but I thought the Oregon zoo was very different. More along the lines of the San Diego Zoo. This is very sad and disappointing.

A circus is something that my daughter will never, ever see.

Bronze Member

Oregon Zoo has released a statement on their Facebook page that it is keeping the elephant and Have Trunk Will Travel (private company) has no intent to assume possession of the baby elephant. So good news all round!

I HATE circus. I do not believe animals were put on earth to entertain us. This makes me sick.
    Brookie, Osakan and lindseyfan like this.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetal View Post
    Oregon Zoo has released a statement on their Facebook page that it is keeping the elephant and Have Trunk Will Travel (private company) has no intent to assume possession of the baby elephant. So good news all round!
    They were in major damage control mode when that was released. People here (I'm in Portland) were pissed, and rightly so. From what I've read the company HTWT technically owns the rights to the elephant and can ask for it at any time, unless the zoo outright pays for the elephant. The deal is that the offspring 2, 4 and 6 from Rose-Tu are to be the property of HTWT.

I love out zoo and go probably once a month with my kids. It's a great zoo and they have made major improvements recently. But, after this fiasco I'm going to have to really think about renewing my membership next year when it expires. It pisses me off that shady things like this happen.
    Brookie and Kat Scorp like this.

Bloody hell, if our Taronga Zoo tried to pull shit like that with Pathi Hahn (Mr Shuffles), us Aussies would chuck a collective hissy they'd hear from Mars. As Dolem mentioned, we know that 'Have Trunk Will Travel' has "bought" more offspring; the circus and zoo are merely waiting for the anger to die down before they trade.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Thread Information