Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Woman Killed By Her Own Bull Mastiff

Default Woman Killed By Her Own Bull Mastiff

Firefighter-paramedic killed by her own 140-pound mastiff dog, authorities say

By NBCChicago.com
    CHICAGO -- A far west suburban firefighter and paramedic who was found dead in her home died as a result of an attack by one of her own dogs, the Kane County sheriff’s office said Wednesday.

Dawn Brown, 44, of the 400 block of Jefferson Street in Big Rock, was found dead by her husband at the bottom of the stairs in her home Monday afternoon. The paramedics who responded were her co-workers.
    "It's just heartbreaking," said neighbor Mark Hake. "We would see them walking their dogs through town. [They were] very nice people."

Brown and her husband had three dogs: a mastiff, boxer and pit bull mix breed. It was the 140-pound mastiff who attacked her, officials said.
    It's not known what provoked the animal to attack, but Kane County Animal Control now has all three dogs in their custody. The mastiff was new to the home and was given to the couple by a family member about a week ago.
    Brown was a full-time firefighter/paramedic for the Bristol Kendal Fire Protection District and a part-time paramedic for the Big Rock Fire Protection District. Her colleagues at Big Rock were too distraught to speak publicly about Brown on Wednesday. Bunting hung around her photo at Station One, at 103 Beaver St. in Yorkville.
    A memorial service has been scheduled for Saturday at 11 a.m. in Big Rock.

Firefighter-paramedic killed by her own 140-pound mastiff dog, authorities say - U.S. News

I couldn't embed the video. Just click on the link above.

140 lbs is pretty big for a bullmastiff.

i had two English mastiffs, they were lovely dogs, but you definitely wouldn't survive a full on attack by one. They are massive.
    Esco likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Aren't mastiffs known as gentle giants? I have never heard of one attacking although obviously it happens.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

I wonder if she fell down the stairs first and he was trying to wake her up or something by biting her or got scared and started biting her after she fell.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

This is terribly sad. I thought bull mastiffs were gentle too, but maybe he was a troubled dog?
    MsChiff likes this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Aren't mastiffs known as gentle giants? I have never heard of one attacking although obviously it happens.

they aren't usually aggressive, quite docile really, but are fierce defenders and guard dogs. maybe something was wrong with the dog.

bull mastiffs are a cross breed, they may be more agressive than English mastiffs (which are much larger), i'm not sure.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I was wondering if there was some hostility/territory-thing going on between the Mastiff and the Pit Bull and the woman got in the middle. It's so sad. Animal control took all 3 dogs, though. Even the Boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

Only intruders usually. My guess the dog still viewed her as a stranger since she only had it a week.
    MsChiff and Seapharris7 like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Whatever happened this is just so sad.
    MsChiff likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Crap, that poor woman. That's why no matter what anyone tells me I can never relax fully around a dog. I know that the majority of them would never hurt me but there's just too many things you need to know and make sure you don't fuck up in your interraction with them.
    Osakan, chartreuse, BITTER and 1 others like this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

The mastiff's former owners recently had a baby, and they weren't sure the large dog would work well with the newborn, Denison said on Wednesday. The dog likely would have been put down if not for Brown rescuing it, he said.

UPDATE: Firefighter Died of Attack From Her Own Dog - Montgomery, IL Patch
    She learned the hard way.

"The paramedics who responded were her co-workers."

I feel for them!

A*O

She has a boxer and a pit bull too. All excellent choices as family pets
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    She has a boxer and a pit bull too. All excellent choices as family pets
    Pit bulls scare the hell out of me (bull terriers too). I saw a pit bull attack some border collie mutt and the pit bulls owner kept punching his dog in the rubs but the pitt still wouldn't let go until someone got a leash around the pit's neck and choked off it's throat until it "released". Because, of course, the bogan owner had one of those spikey collars on his pit bull, so people couldn't use normal method of pulling an attack dog off:

Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Bronze Member

Hopefully it was an accident and she just fell down the stairs. Otherwise they will probably have to put the dog down

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information