Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: In More Negligent Vet News....Be Careful What You Sign When You Bring Your Pet In!

Unhappy In More Negligent Vet News....Be Careful What You Sign When You Bring Your Pet In!

Woman Takes Cat to Vet for Flea Bath, Cat Gets Put to Sleep Instead

A Gardner woman who simply wanted to get a proper flea bath for her feline friend instead lost her cuddly companion when the veterinarian accidentally put the cat to sleep.
    According to the Telegram & Gazette, Colleen Conlon called her local pet doctor and scheduled an appointment to bring in her 8-year-old cat, Lady, to rid her of fleas. Conlon allegedly sent her son to drop off the family pet, and when he returned later to pick up Lady, the veterinarian was confused as to why he wanted the cat’s body.
    According to the Gazette, Dr. Muhammad Malik had euthanized Lady after Conlon’s son had filled out paperwork on the day that he dropped off the cat. Conlon’s son, however, said the paperwork was “like index cards which had basic pet information.”
    Conlon is especially upset about the accidental death of the cat because it was given to her by her late daughter.
    The report said Conlon has reached out to the Attorney General’s office and filed a complaint and has plans to speak with members of the state Board of Registration.
    “I don’t think there was any malicious intent, but I do think it was negligent,” Conlon told the Gazette. “I’m sure there are standards of practice they have to follow.”

http://bostinno.com/2012/09/23/cat-p...p-by-accident/

OMG. I would just faint.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I read elsewhere that the cat was given to her by her daughter and right after that, the daughter got killed in a car wreck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I read elsewhere that the cat was given to her by her daughter and right after that, the daughter got killed in a car wreck!
    This is just like Final Destination!!!

^
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

That just doesn't sound right. Vets don't just euthanize randomly, if they haven't treated the animal before, they do an exam, discuss alternatives and, if there aren't any, have you sign the euthanasia paperwork and ask you what you want to with the body.
    clairescavys likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Not all vets operate so efficiently, though.

I've seen minor mistakes crop up with my own dogs at our vet. Last year they almost vaccinated my female a second time for rabies. I caught it because I was in the room and saw the syringe and questioned it. They had put my female's rabies certificate in my male's file so her file looked incomplete.

I would never drop my animals off and come back later. I've sat for 8 hours while they were spayed/neutered and brought them home.
    Bluebonnet and lurkur like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    OMG. I would just faint.
    I'd euthanise the bloody vet!

A good vet is something to be treasured. I'm so lucky that I have two good vets to choose from. The one near me now has always been great with my cats and the one near the Bloke (which is the one I used with my first ever cat when I lived at home) are also really good as well. When the MIL's dog was hit by a car not so long back (car - 0 Dog - 1 ) we took her in to be looked over and they whisked her straight in, checked her over completely and were able to give her a clean bill of health and put our minds at rest in record time. They even remembered the dog's name from her previous visits for shots etc.
    Brookie likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    That just doesn't sound right. Vets don't just euthanize randomly, if they haven't treated the animal before, they do an exam, discuss alternatives and, if there aren't any, have you sign the euthanasia paperwork and ask you what you want to with the body.
    I'm guessing there was another cat scheduled to be euthanized but they took the wrong one.

Kind of like those stories about doctors performing the wrong surgery on the wrong patient.

I would kill whoever did that to my cat.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

When I had to take my darling Ginger in, there were no papers. I was surrounded by staff and asked if I wanted to be present,etc. Every step was explained and they gave me time alone with her. They swarmed me with kindness and sent me a sympathy card everyone signed and wrote little notes. I am grateful but did not realize any vet would take even the mildest chance. Makes me love our vet more.
    Brookie, levitt and Kittylady like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    When I had to take my darling Ginger in, there were no papers. I was surrounded by staff and asked if I wanted to be present,etc. Every step was explained and they gave me time alone with her. They swarmed me with kindness and sent me a sympathy card everyone signed and wrote little notes. I am grateful but did not realize any vet would take even the mildest chance. Makes me love our vet more.
    That's the way my vet operates too; they cry along with you. I always stay with my kitties and I am the last person/thing they see because the vet techs position me at the kitty's head and themselves at the feet. I wouldn't trade my vet clinic for anything. What a disaster to go pick up your cat and find out he/she was put to sleep.

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Oh McJag and Brookie I've only ever had one cat, Lucy, and she's 18 years old now. I dread the day, I really do.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Levitt - I've got 8 cats, and I dread it every time it comes along. Somehow, though, you just know that it's time and that it's the kindest thing to do for something/someone you love. Then, if you're me, you look for the next l'il guy to love. There's always another one out there that establishes his/her own niche in your heart.
    levitt and dexter7 like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Oh McJag and Brookie I've only ever had one cat, Lucy, and she's 18 years old now. I dread the day, I really do.
    Plan ahead. I had already decided that I would adopt another doggy from a kill shelter in her honor. I did and found another love who needed me as much as I needed him. If you listen to your heart Lucy will guide you.
    levitt likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information