Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By caramel
  • 1 Post By SuriCruise
  • 1 Post By *DIVA!
  • 1 Post By fgg
  • 1 Post By Novice

Thread: Family and Friends who are "animal lovers"

Default Family and Friends who are "animal lovers"

I have family members who say they love animals but buy dog breeds in order to get them pregnant and sell the puppies. When I tried to explain why getting a dog pregnant every few month and sell the puppies considers abuse and wrong, they just don't get it. Seriously, like in the most basic level, they don't get what's wrong with it. Or they have a friend who works in a pet shop and they send via email "cute and funny" animal pictures in their cages. Again, they don't understand why it's so wrong to cage an animal, "they're used to it anyway" or sell animals or even go to a circus that "have amazing animals".

I know some people are just lack of emotional intelligence when it comes to animals but they always say they "love animls so much" and I just can't stand still when they talk about all these stuff!

Oh my... They own puppy mills?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

well the same goes to animal lovers who eat meat thats been produced in torture factories... i love animals and occasianally eat meat so i am a hypocrite as well though.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Some people who own animals are more in love with the owning than with the animal.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Some people are after money and this seems like easy money. Poor animals.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

They sound like idiots and if they lack the mental capacity to understand what's wrong with their actions, unfortunately there's nothing you can do. However, if they neglect the animals or mistreat them in any way, at least you can (and should) call animal control.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Oh my... They own puppy mills?
    Sorta. They did it once and the dog got sick after so they didn't try again until she died. Now they're thinking of buying a new dog in order to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    They sound like idiots and if they lack the mental capacity to understand what's wrong with their actions, unfortunately there's nothing you can do. However, if they neglect the animals or mistreat them in any way, at least you can (and should) call animal control.
    They don't abuse the animals like beat them and stuff, they really do love them and treat them good (high quality food and special vet). It's the breeding and puppy selling, going to animals' circus, think it's funny to see caged animals in the zoo, etc.

I know there's nothing serious I can do other then look after the animals. They're good people. Average people don't see what's so wrong with animals' circus or eating meat. It's just so frustrating when it's people in your family and it actully hurts me everytime they do something like this and no matter how hard I try to explain what the animal is going through, they don't get it or don't care.

Agree with ConstanceSpry, if they're neglecting or abusing their animals you can contact the local SPCA or equivalent service.

Some people just don't understand that animals are just as sensitive as we are and just as important. I'll never forget when I was collecting money for an animal protection group (i.e. against cage farming, sow crates, etc) and this old man came up to me and started telling me off saying that I shouldn't be wasting my time and he wouldn't give me a cent because humans are more important and we should be focusing on humans not bothering to worry about treating animals humanely because they are just animals. His wife came up embarrassed, put $10 in my bucket, apologised and got him to go away but he kept being rude to me as he was walking away. Anyway my point was that some people are just assholes when it comes to animals, they honestly do not see them as being important or worth worrying about. It's horrible.

You probably can't change your friends minds, maybe explain to them exactly why it is wrong like explain how it negatively affects the animals. And report them anonymously if they abuse their animals.

eta: Just saw your post. If they do the puppy mill thing again I would report it if it doesn't follow guidelines (not sure what those are where you live). I would try to explain to them how these things hurt animals though and how the animals live horrible lives which is very, very sad Sounds like they lack compassion for animals if they can't understand that a caged animal is a miserable one which is very sad. This will be horrible for you but perhaps show them some of the awful pictures of what animals in those conditions go through - there are many pictures of the real situation out there but they are horrible and will make someone like you very upset to see, it may open your family's eyes though.
    autumn likes this.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    Sorta. They did it once and the dog got sick after so they didn't try again until she died. Now they're thinking of buying a new dog in order to do the same.

They don't abuse the animals like beat them and stuff, they really do love them and treat them good (high quality food and special vet). It's the breeding and puppy selling, going to animals' circus, think it's funny to see caged animals in the zoo, etc.

I know there's nothing serious I can do other then look after the animals. They're good people. Average people don't see what's so wrong with animals' circus or eating meat. It's just so frustrating when it's people in your family and it actully hurts me everytime they do something like this and no matter how hard I try to explain what the animal is going through, they don't get it or don't care.
    Let me get this straight.. They don't have the abused animal in their ownership yet, when they did have an animal they didn't abuse it..they are breeders.. Also you're mad because they go to the circus and the zoo???

I have two dogs who both came from very loving breeders!! I love my dogs more than I like most humans. They are groomed, fed, and clothed nicely! I love on animals I don't own.. The that does my hair has the sweetest pit bull and she let's my Yorkies think they are manhandling her!!
    There's a family farm near here that runs their own petting zoo with pygmy goats(I just love them)! I go there after work somedays to feed them and the ducks. I go to the Circus, I go to the zoo, and I also eat chicken and fish... Those things doesn't mean I'm not an animal lover!!

Oh and I watch dog shows
    rockchick likes this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^ I said "animal lovers". They think of themselves as animal lovers but don't get why I'm so frustrated with them. When you treat your pets like a toy and use them for money, you're not really animal lover. There's a huge difference between love your pet and have compassion for him\her. How can you love someone and still use them for your own personal gain, without any consideration or compassion?

fgg

i was really scared when i was "animal lovers" in quotes...
    SuriCruise likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

If they bred their dog, kept her in a cage on a sun porch, fed her cheap crap, never played with her or showed her any kind of love...then I believe you would have a point. But, to help your "argument" you brought the zoo, eating meat, and the circus into this..

This sounds almost like the argument those e wives were having last night..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Come on, really?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ooooh! I love animals, especially cows..... roasted, panfried, baked....
    *DIVA! likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Sounds like they need to volunteer for awhile in a KILL SHELTER.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Thread Information