Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By Kat Scorp
  • 2 Post By greysfang

Thread: Dumbass Vet Employee Leaves Louisiana Tech Bulldog Mascot Outside in 100-Degree Heat!

Angry Dumbass Vet Employee Leaves Louisiana Tech Bulldog Mascot Outside in 100-Degree Heat!

Louisiana Tech mascot, Tech XX, dies after vet employee leaves him in 100-degree heat

By Graham Watson

RIP Tech XX

Three days after Sexton Animal Health Center put out an APB for Louisiana Tech's English bulldog mascot, Tech XX, the center and university issued a statement that the 4-year-old bulldog had died thanks to negligence by a now-former employee.
    According to Dr. Patrick Sexton, who has cared for the dog since 2008, an employee let the dog out to relieve himself and failed to let him back in. By the time the employee remembered to check on Tech XX, the dog had died of heat stroke.
    The temperature in Ruston, La., on Sunday reached a high of 102 degrees.
    The Louisiana Tech athletic department spoke to the incident on its Facebook page.

Early Wednesday afternoon, Louisiana Tech University learned of the passing of Tech XX through the following communication from Dr. Patrick Sexton.
    Regretfully, I learned this morning that through negligence of an employee, Tech XX was left outside too long on Sunday evening and passed away from a heat stroke. That employee unfortunately chose to handle it the wrong way and attempted to cover it up. Due to this negligence, the employee is no longer employed by Sexton Animal Health Center.
    My family, my staff and I are extremely upset at this tragic turn of events as I know the entire Louisiana Tech Family is as well. Tech XX was a member of our immediate family and a daily part of our lives for the past four years. We are devastated over the circumstances of his passing and there will be a large void in our hearts for some time to come. As with any family member, we will spend considerable time grieving his passing.
    Patrick R. Sexton, DVM
    According to bulldogsworld.com, Bulldogs are especially susceptible to heat stroke - even in 75-80-degree weather - because of their shorter breathing systems.

Louisiana Tech mascot, Tech XX, dies after vet employee leaves him in 100-degree heat | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports

Poor little fella, what a horrible way to go.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

RIP Tech XX. You deserved better.
    MsChiff likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

OMG! Bulldogs are so sensitive to heat. That was so cruel,firing does not seem harsh enough.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That employee unfortunately chose to handle it the wrong way and attempted to cover it up.
    I'm scared to even think what that might mean.

RIP, Tech XX.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Oh, so sad!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    OMG! Bulldogs are so sensitive to heat. That was so cruel,firing does not seem harsh enough.
    Personally, I wouldn't mind if the person got fired and arrested for cruelty to animals. No person should do this to an animal. It breaks my heart.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

In 37.7 degrees celcius, no breed of doggie should be left outside without shade and fresh water. I would like to know what this idiot was doing that was so important he/she couldn't stand there for two minutes while the dog did it's business.
    Fran likes this.

^ the employee was probably working on other things and got distracted. I could see how this could happen. I have kids and a dog and I will send him out for a potty break and I will forget if I let him back in. We have to actually shut the door and walk away or else he will just sit at the door waiting and not go pee. Sometimes he's just quiet in his bed so it's hard to keep track of him. Our area has been around 100 degrees lately, but I don't worry about him because we have shade and water. My kids are out in the heat too, but not long periods. I didn't realize bulldogs couldn't handle heat though, that's sad, little guy was cute. The employee should have just admitted it, people make mistakes.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    In 37.7 degrees celcius, no breed of doggie should be left outside without shade and fresh water. I would like to know what this idiot was doing that was so important he/she couldn't stand there for two minutes while the dog did it's business.
    Exactly! I mean, this is equivalent to a bank employee losing someone's deposit or a car dealer losing a car off the lot. It's your JOB! And yes, distractions happen. Perhaps, there was a medical emergency occurring inside the vet's office with another animal that caused this employee to forget momentarily about the bulldog, but the fact that he/she tried to cover it up just pisses me off.

He was such a cutie! RIP

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    ^ the employee was probably working on other things and got distracted. I could see how this could happen. I have kids and a dog and I will send him out for a potty break and I will forget if I let him back in. We have to actually shut the door and walk away or else he will just sit at the door waiting and not go pee. Sometimes he's just quiet in his bed so it's hard to keep track of him. Our area has been around 100 degrees lately, but I don't worry about him because we have shade and water. My kids are out in the heat too, but not long periods. I didn't realize bulldogs couldn't handle heat though, that's sad, little guy was cute. The employee should have just admitted it, people make mistakes.

Bulldogs can't handle anything. They are manmade freaks and should not exist. But if people keep making these brachycephalic monstrosities, then they should at least care for them properly.
    Waterslide and DeadDwarf like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Unhappy

Poor sweetheart. RIP
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Thread Information