Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: My Golden Has Lymphoma

Default My Golden Has Lymphoma

My 11 year old Golden Retriever Pete was just diagnosed this morning, and we are putting him down tonight. He had a very rough night and is suffering greatly.

I can't believe this. We had to put our girl Gwenie down at the same age 2 years ago because of spleen cancer. My poor boy was so energetic and fun, and now he won't even eat his kibble.

I'm getting married in 12 days and this has absolutely gutted me. My mom called me from work saying she can't go on. I know that sounds dramatic, but he was our best friend for 11 years.

Any kind words would help me at this point. This is my boy:

Oh, FV, I am truly sorry. They're family. He's a beautiful boy, and I know you've given him a wonderful life and now you're going to love him enough to take his pain away.

Every comfort and condolence to you and yours.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I'm so sorry. That is just heartbreaking. He has the sweetest face. Wishing peace for you, your family and Pete.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Thank you. 11 just seems so young. I feel so lucky for him to have been a part of my life, he loved living.

I'm really sorry, FV. It is truly heartbreaking losing a pet. He looks like he was such a sweet baby.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Dog Bless you, Pete. As hard as it is, you're doing the right thing for the li'l guy by not allowing him to suffer, by not prolonging a lower quality of life than Pete deserves. Thanks for being a responsible and loving doggy mom. xoxo
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

FashionVictim, that is bad news. I'm so sorry about your puppy.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

He is an amazing little guy(well, 86 pounds is not little). His favorite activity was to ride with me in my convertible with the top down.

The timing could not be worse, as if there is ever a good time. Bless you and your Mother. It is possible that the weding excitement will soften the blow at least for a while. Tell your Mom you need her to go on,especially right now.
    A lot of us have been in your shoes and the feeling is horrible. Just awful.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm so sorry FV. I don't have to tell you that you're doing the right thing, no matter how much it sucks. He needs you to make him feel all better.

i'm so sorry, fv. this is so sad.
    i understand how your mother feels. my mother had to put her shih tzu down a few weeks ago (bone cancer) and she felt the same way. they really are a major part of your life, and especially when you get older and your kids are out of your house, they keep you company. try to spend as much time as you can with your mom.
    so sorry for both of you, he looks like a wonderful doggy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I am so sorry. the next few, days, weeks and months are going to suck. I had to put my yellow lab down right after she turned 13 due to liver failure. I cried every day for a week. I got a new yello lab, who looks EXACTLY like my first dog, but it's still not the same.

A couple things that helped me. I read Marley and Me a couple days later. That really helped me to feel better. And I wrote down every story/memory I had from birth til death, so I wouldn't forget. It was very cleansing.

Maybe this will help you to know you are not alone.
    My dog is dying....
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I am so sorry, Pete is beautiful. We've lost several over the years and it never gets any easier.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. Putting down a pet is a really hard thing to do.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm so sorry. It is always so hard but they time our pets give to us always makes it worth our grieving.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information