Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 14 Stories That Prove Animals Have Souls

Default 14 Stories That Prove Animals Have Souls

Pretty interesting stories. The only one I think I'd heard of before was the lion one. The one that really got to me was the African Grey - that's amazing and touching if true.

14 Stories That Prove Animals Have Souls

14 Stories That Prove Animals Have Souls

Animals are capable of so much more compassion, love, bravery, and ingenuity than most people realize. Here are 14 incredible stories that reveal their hidden depths. posted about a week ago
    Jack Shepherd BuzzFeed Staff

1. Koko the gorilla responds to a sad moment in her favorite film.

View this image ›

View this image ›

LINK:Watch the video here.
    youtube.com

2. The parrot with the moving last words.

View this image ›

Alex the African gray parrot was able to count and identify colors, and he had a beautiful relationship with his person, Irene Pepperberg. When Alex died in 2007, his last words to her were "You be good. I love you."
    Source: npr.org

3. The fact that cows have best friends and get stressed when they are separated.

View this image ›

According to scientist Krista McLennan, "When heifers have their preferred partner with them, their stress levels in terms of their heart rates are reduced compared with if they were with a random individual."
    Source: dailymail.co.uk / via: peta.org

4. The two guide dogs who led their owners down 70 floors in the World Trade Center before the towers collapsed on September 11.

View this image ›

Guide dogs Salty and Roselle were awarded a joint Dickin Medal "For remaining loyally at the side of their blind owners, courageously leading them down more than 70 floors of the World Trade Center and to a place of safety following the terrorist attack on New York on 11 September 2001."
    Source: en.wikipedia.org

5. The Jack Russell Terrier who gave his life to rescue five children from wild dogs.

View this image ›

In 2007, five children were playing with George when they were attacked by pit bulls. "George tried to protect us by barking and rushing at them," said one of the children about the attack, "but they started to bite him - one on the head and the other on the back." His heroic intervention saved the children, though he later died from his injuries. George was posthumously awarded a medal for bravery.
    Source: dailymail.co.uk / via: en.wikipedia.org

6. The beluga whale who saved a free diver who had cramped up 20 feet below the surface.

View this image ›

Source: telegraph.co.uk / via: treehugger.com

View this image ›

When free-diver Yang Yun tried to return from the bottom of an arctic pool, she found that her legs had cramped up and she couldn't move.
    "I began to choke and sank even lower and I thought that was it for me – I was dead. Until I felt this incredible force under me driving me to the surface."
    A Beluga whale named Mila had seen what was happening and sprang into action, guiding Yun safely back to the top of the pool.
    Source: telegraph.co.uk / via: treehugger.com

7. The cat who can sense when someone is about to die.

View this image ›

View this image ›

Oscar could always sense when one of the residents at the nursing home where he lived was near death and would sit quietly on their bed during their last moments.
    One relative of two sisters who died in the nursing home said of Oscar's vigil, "Oscar's presence gave a sense of completion and contentment. Both women loved pets. Oscar brought a special serenity to the room. What's more peaceful than a purring cat? What sound more beautiful to fill one's ears when leaving this life?"
    Via: smh.com.au

View this image ›

Source: reuters.com

8. The Staffordshire bull terrier who protected her owner from a machete gang.

View this image ›

Patricia Adshead was making tea when three men wearing masks and wielding machetes broke into her home. Adshead's ex-husband rushed to help, but one of the assailants sliced through his hand with a machete.
    “I was trapped in the kitchen with Oi and one of the men. He raised the machete over my head," she said.
    "Oi jumped up and bit his hand. He brought the machete down on her head but she still chased him out of the house. If she hadn’t gone for him I would have been dead. She saved my life.”
    Via: newsshopper.co.uk

9. The gorilla who remembered his old friend.

View this image ›

View this image ›

Via: pawnation.com

LINK:Watch the video here.
    youtube.com

Source: youtube.com

10. The recent discovery that fish use tools to perform tasks.

View this image ›

In 2011, a professional diver captured this amazing image of a fish smashing a clam against a rock to get at its innards, proving that fish have vastly superior capacities than most people believe.
    Source: wired.co.uk / via: peta.org

11. The German Shepherd who has become a seeing eye dog for a blind spaniel.

View this image ›

Source: menmedia.co.uk / via: pawnation.com

View this image ›

When Ellie, a blind spaniel, was adopted by shelter manager Jean Spencer, she never expected that her other dog, Leo, would choose to become her very own seeing-eye dog. "I take them for walks in the park and Leo guides Ellie around," says Spencer. "He is so protective and herds the more boisterous dogs away from her."
    Source: menmedia.co.uk / via: pawnation.com

12. The abused circus elephants who were reunited at an elephant sanctuary after 25 years apart.

View this image ›

Source: advocacy.britannica.com / via: yesmagazine.org

13. The amazing story of Christian the lion.

View this image ›

LINK:Watch the full video here.
    youtube.com

14. The chimps who grieved for their dead friend.

View this image ›

At a Chimpanzee Rescue Center in Cameroon, a chimp named Dorothy died of heart failure. What happened next was amazing: Her fellow chimps hugged each other in solidarity and solemnly watched as their friend was laid to rest.

I'm crying. It pisses me off when humans dismiss animals and their feelings as learned behavior....that they couldn't possibly have feelings like us humans. Very narcissistic thinking that the world only revolves around us and our needs.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Elite Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a very witty response but damn it, I believe every bit of it.
    angileek42 likes this.

Monhandas! I gonna kill you, I will be teary all damn day.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Oh God, the video with Christian, the lion, has me blubbering.
    Bluebonnet and Pinkii like this.

Nice stories. I remember the Elephant one from years ago. Such a sad story but so sweet. Elephants are darlings.

Another lion who remembered the person who rescued him once:
    [YOUTUBE]X9Jz1JZFrOE[/YOUTUBE]

Koko the gorilla mourns the loss of her kitten:
    [YOUTUBE]CQCOHUXmEZg[/YOUTUBE]

Koko and Robin Williams: a love story
    [YOUTUBE]GorgFtCqPEs[/YOUTUBE]
    angileek42 likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

fgg

these brought tears to my eyes...wah!!!! i whole heartedly believe that animals have feelings.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

All these are enormously moving - I've seen the video of Christian several times and I blubber each time. And although I love the one about the cat who knows when someone is going to die, I'd hate to wake up and find the damn thing sitting on the end of my bed.

The one where the beluga rescues the diver is just amazing to me - how did it know?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Clicked on the thread thinking wow, do I really want to do this? I am wrecked as predicted but didn't want the stories to end.
    dexter7 likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Gold Member

Sad and sweet at the same time
    Last edited by angileek42; July 11th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quit showing Koko that movie!!

All of these make me cry. I remember the elephants, Christian the lion and Kwibi. All of these just make me cry like a baby.

I choked up just telling my hubby about this thread...all beautiful stories. The elephant one really got me.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I don't think those 2 guys with Christian the lion were brothers, when you read the text on the clip.
    The one with the two elephants I saw on TV. What are the odds they'd end up at the same place?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Warning...if you don't want to cry anymore, DO NOT get an update on Jenny and Shirley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information