Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sarzy
  • 1 Post By shedevilang

Thread: Donkeys are misunderstood and are not stubborn

Default Donkeys are misunderstood and are not stubborn

Ancient Greek belief that donkeys are stubborn not true, says expert

By Suzannah Hills

PUBLISHED: 06:36, 14 May 2012 | UPDATED: 14:12, 14 May 2012
    The age-old saying 'stubborn as a mule' is unfounded and donkeys are misunderstood animals, according to an expert.

The belief dates back to ancient Greece when writers Homer and Aesop portrayed donkeys as stubborn, servile and stupid.

But that view was rejected by experts during a two-day conference on ‘donkey, mule and hinny cultures worldwide’.

Donkeys reputation for being stubborn is unfounded and they are simply misunderstood, an expert claims

Ben Hart, from the Donkey Sanctuary, claims that their behaviour is in fact misunderstood at the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London.

He said: 'Donkey’s behaviour is commonly misunderstood principally because their behaviour is compared to that of the horse, rather than viewed as a separate species.

'By looking at the domesticated donkeys’ evolutionary niche and the behaviour of both free-living donkeys and domesticated donkeys, it is possible to explain the different behaviours of donkeys and to lay to rest their reputation for stubbornness and their misrepresentation as small horses with big ears.'

Other lectures included the importance of donkeys in Turkish folk songs and dances, donkey populations in Eritrea and Portugal and the history of donkeys in countries in the Indian Ocean.

Read more: Ancient Greek belief that donkeys are stubborn not true, says expert | Mail Online

So are Vancouverite professor/journalist/bloggers who killed Mr. Diamond.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I love Donkeys.
    rollo likes this.

They are also soft and squeezable.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Oh Well. Thanks for noticing me

that's all I get from this lol (yes I've seen way too much Winnie the Pooh, and I can't blame the kids for this shit I love that show lol)
    gas_chick likes this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

They are so cute!! I really want one.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

My neighbor has several in his pasture and their braying cracks me up.

Donkeys are adorable but to anyone who has interracted with them, what do you call it when the animal just digs its heels and refuses to move any further no matter what? That said, they can be fast! We used to race them when we were kids at my grandfather's village in Crete.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

The article is stupid. It says the stubborn behavior can be explained, but then the author doesn't explain it. Gave me blue balls.

I love donkeys. I love them, because they are stubborn. It's a lifegoal of mine to own two donkeys. The grey kind is the cutest.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Donkeys are adorable but to anyone who has interracted with them, what do you call it when the animal just digs its heels and refuses to move any further no matter what? That said, they can be fast! We used to race them when we were kids at my grandfather's village in Crete.
    Jack ass?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

They're simply assertive. They're not going to do something just because someone told them to. They can and will work hard for you, with the right motivation. Unfortunately, not many know what that motivation should be.

Thread Information