Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Cat constantly underfoot

Default Cat constantly underfoot

I don't really post in this section, but one of our cats is getting to be a problem. We have 3 and lately our boy cat is suddenly CONSTANTLY under foot. He gets kicked or stepped on all the time because it is impossible to walk around him most of the time.

Is there anything we can do to get him to stop and keep him from getting hurt? I feel bad whenever he gets kicked, but the way he follows you it's impossible to avoid him.

Has there been a big change in his environment that might be making him needy?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't have any advice, but mine does this too, so I am interested in any advice any might have. Mine constantly meows for me when I am in a room he cannot get to (like when I am in the bathroom, or when I lock him out of my bedroom so I can sleep without him sleeping on face), and when I come home he acts like I have been gone for years. Thread jacker I know, but I feel like you feel my pain with this needy ass cat I have lol
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Environment has remained constant, and most of the information I've found online says he needs more attention, but he actually has the most human interaction out of our 3 cats. The other 2 are loners and don't like people as much (unless we have food for them), but he loves people and is constantly getting loved up on and played with because he wants to be near us.

I'm probably getting him a bell for his collar tomorrow so we can at least hear him under foot, I hate kicking the little guy

we've always had cats that do this. we think its because they are trying to be the best liked one.
    Fran and Seapharris7 like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^That makes me sad because my boy cat does this too and he's a sweety but so needy. Now I know he just wants my attention I feel sorry for him because I probably do favour the girl, just because I've had her a little longer and got her when she was tiny, but also because she's so easygoing and he's the opposite. Poor baby, better go tickle his tummy.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Love the bell idea. Could he be wanting treats?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    Mine constantly meows for me when I am in a room he cannot get to (like when I am in the bathroom, or when I lock him out of my bedroom so I can sleep without him sleeping on face
    This is why I can't latch the bathroom door. She rams and scratches it until I open it. Also, when we take our dog for a walk, she claws at the door, ripping up the lining and jumps on the window curtain ripping it up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I'm probably getting him a bell for his collar tomorrow so we can at least hear him under foot, I hate kicking the little guy
    That is a great idea.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Cats want to be around their owners - they don't know that feet aren't a good way to do it. I have one that does this as well - at those times, I just call him "Mr. Needy".
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

My cat does this occassionally, usually when I am on the stairs. So I know she's just trying to kill me.
    Fran, greysfang, yanna and 4 others like this.

Wait a minute! That cat thinks he is a dog! I know this because my dogs "supervise" every single thing I do. Yep, you need a cat therapist.
    Fran likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    I don't have any advice, but mine does this too, so I am interested in any advice any might have. Mine constantly meows for me when I am in a room he cannot get to (like when I am in the bathroom, or when I lock him out of my bedroom so I can sleep without him sleeping on face), and when I come home he acts like I have been gone for years. Thread jacker I know, but I feel like you feel my pain with this needy ass cat I have lol
    my puppy does this same thing. bark bark bark - let me in! she jumps on me while i pee. i'm hoping mine grows out of the shadow stage soon.

noday - is yours young still?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Yup, just about a year old. He's started doing this more in the last month or so. Before he just wanted to be near you, and got lots of attention for it, but now he wants to be all up in your business all the time.

With a cat that lovey, he should be more receptive to training. Tell him no firmly (no getting mad or hollering) whenever he starts twining, then pick him up and move him a couple of feet away every time. Hopefully, that will teach him to approach that closely only when you're seated.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

You might want to try putting in a new kitty area, or something else for him to dominate besides his people. It sounds like he is trying to claim you as the most important things in the house. If you switch up his environment a bit (new cat tree next to a window, cat walk, complicated toy all the cats are interested in, rearrange furniture) his natural curiosity will take over and your ankles will become less exciting.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information