Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Killer Swan Drowns Man

Default Killer Swan Drowns Man

Killer Swan Blamed for Man's Drowning

An angry swan is being blamed for knocking a man out of his kayak in a Chicago pond and then continuing to attack until the man drowned.
    Anthony Hensley, 37, used the swans to keep geese away from properties and was in a kayak checking on the animals Sunday morning when one of the swans swam at him, causing him to fall out of his kayak into the water. The swan reportedly continued to chase Hensley after he fell into the water, and by the time rescuers arrived he had drowned, The Chicago Sun Times reports.

Investigators believe Hensley had traveled too close to the swan or swan's nesting area, prompting the attack. Family and friends are puzzled. "Maybe he didn't fight back enough when the swan attacked him," said father-in-law George Koutsogiannis. "Maybe he didn't want to hurt the animal. I can't understand how this was possible."

A memorial fund has been established in Hensley's name, who was a married father of two. Donations can be sent to Amy Hensley, c/o Steuerle Funeral Home, 350 S. Ardmore Ave. Villa Park, IL 60181.

Killer Swan Blamed for Man's Drowning | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; April 16th, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

Swans are assholes. There was a family of swans living near my house a couple of years ago, and everytime someone walked near the pond he'd actually swim up to them, get out of the water and be all 'come at me bro'. He actually attacked a dog, I believe.

Or, when they don't have kids, it's just one or two of them, they'll come up to you and demand food. YOU. BREAD. NOW.

I was reading peoples' comments on the article and several said swans and geese make better guards than a dog because they are so aggressive and territorial.

^That's actually true. It's not uncommon here for farms to keep a couple of geese on their property. Even if the geese won't attack 'intruders' they'll make you aware of their presence. Loudly.

Yep, there are a lot of geese kept as guards for farms here, too.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    Swans are assholes. There was a family of swans living near my house a couple of years ago, and everytime someone walked near the pond he'd actually swim up to them, get out of the water and be all 'come at me bro'. He actually attacked a dog, I believe.

Or, when they don't have kids, it's just one or two of them, they'll come up to you and demand food. YOU. BREAD. NOW.
    They are assholes. I saw one try to drown a duck once for no apparent reason.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

not surprised. i once saw a swan attack a guy in a rowboat and knock him into the water. he didn't drown but the asshole swan wouldn't leave him alone until he'd gotten far away from his territory.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Vouch! Swans are just MEAN and they will fuck you up at the slightest opportunity.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Never knew they were so evil.
    Bluebonnet and Brookie like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

My husband's best friend lives on a large lake up in the northern part of our state. His part of the lake had a small island several hundred feet from the water's edge which I guess attracted two mated black swans. DH and his buddy would go fishing frequently before DH and I started to date ... they'd go out in a rowboat. If the swans were in the area, they would chase them around and hassle them all the time. I'm guessing there was a nest or something, but this happened for years. The last I heard, one of them died and the remaining swan is even more aggressive, so much so that his town is petitioning for its relocation.

So much for swans being a sign of romance and solitude, eh? Little fuckers.
    Nevan likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I just told my hub this story and he said "are they pressing charges?" Such an asshole.
    laynes, Kat Scorp and Seapharris7 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post

They are! At the Audubon Zoo when my daughter was 3 one of them bit the shit out of her finger. I told the worker there that they really should move those assholes away from the vicinity of the petting zoo.

I will kick the fuck out of a goose or a swan. I do NOT play with those sonsofbitches! they are mean for no damn reason so I gotta get the jump on those fuckers! Goats too! Hate 'em!

ETA - Let Larry David handle all the swan issues with his golf club!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Yeah, I got some swan side eye the other day and moved right along. You can't press your luck with those mofos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information