Thread: Dog Strangled by Phone Cord Saves His Own Life by Dialing Emergency Number

Wherever my kids are

Default Dog Strangled by Phone Cord Saves His Own Life by Dialing Emergency Number

Dog Strangled by Phone Cord Saves His Own Life by Dialing Emergency Number - Vetstreet

George, a 2-year-old Basset Hound from South Heindley, West Yorkshire, U.K., was strangled by a phone cord — and miraculously saved his own life by calling 999, the British equivalent of 911, reports The Sun.
    George knocked over a heavy-duty, old-fashioned phone in owner Steve Brown’s home; he became tangled in the cord and wound up with it wrapped around his neck. Somehow, George — in the midst of choking — managed to dial 999 with his paw.
    The emergency operator heard heavy breathing and gasping on the other end and alerted the authorities, who entered the house with the help of a neighbor, Paul Walker, who had a key.
    Walker saw the dog choking and ripped the cord free from the phone to save him.
    He told The Sun: "Incredibly you could see where his paw print was on the phone to ring 999 — he literally saved his own life."
    Lydia Brown, the daughter of George's owner, expressed equal amazement at the Basset's lifesaving feat, telling The Sun, "He's really dopey and just likes to chew socks."
    George isn't sounding quite so dopey now, though.

Poor thing - he was so lucky. How scary.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

how dirty was that phone that you could see the paw print on 999? i'm glad george is ok but this story is exaggerated to the hilt.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Out There

Bless his heart.

But if he can dial the phone and breathe heavy on it, his owners should watch their bill for 1-900 numbers.

Thread Information