Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What animal will you not share your life with?

Default What animal will you not share your life with?

We all love animals, but is there a creature that you could not share your space with? A tarantula or a boa constrictor or a brown widow spider, perhaps?

I shall begin, since I started the topic. I wouldn't share my life with a cat.

I would rather lie on my back in a pool of gunk with spiders criss-crossing my face than I would to share a few minutes in the presence of a cat.

So many people like cats, too! I don't get it. I can pat a cat on its head if I am forced to do so, but otherwise I am cataphobic and can't stand those awful beings near me. I not only dislike cats, but I don't trust them.

I've had a few run-ins with feral cats, too, that serve to make me cataphobic. I can tell you about those events, but you'd rather I didn't, I'm sure. I mean it. I had nightmares about cats and kittens for years. gruesome in your face nightmares. The nightmares only stopped when I tried to befriend a cat or two. I'll pat them in order to ease my phobia, it does work, but I still do not like cats and I never will.

I'd rather snuggle up to a sewer rat or a street skunk or raccoon than I would a feral cat.

You? Would you rather:

-a cat
    -a tame rat

I will take the rat. I know a guy who had a tame rat and he cried buckets of tears when his rat passed.

I love rats, but the fact they pee everywhere turns me off.

I'm not big on cats, but my sister did have an awesome cat that was more of a dog.

This will piss you off, but I wouldn't share my life with a bird. I loathe birds. lol Yes I am a cat (and dog, and ferret) person but I've never liked birds too much. I also wouldn't have a frog. I like snakes and most other reptiles, but no--no frogs. URRRGGGH.

No spiders, rodents or rodent-like creatures, or reptiles. Also no birds in the house, they're annoying as fuck, especially the ones that talk.

I just don't understand dog and cat haters.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
    I don't trust them.
    says a lot about you. What do you think they're going to do? Steal your beer?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

There aren't a lot of animals that I wouldn't want around me. I've never had birds, but that's because I've always had cats. I've had rats, rabbits, hamsters, mice, guineapigs, fish, snakes, spiders, different kinds of insects, and of course cats and dogs.

I guess I would draw the line at things like flies and mosquitoes and other pests. Also, of course endangered species should never be pets. Dangerous animals like poisonous snakes, lions, tigers, hippos, elephants... those don't make good companions.

Monkeys. I don't like monkeys. wouldn't want any as pets.

Any other animals I wouldn't mind having, if I could provide the right accommodations for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    This will piss you off, but I wouldn't share my life with a bird. I loathe birds. lol Yes I am a cat (and dog, and ferret) person but I've never liked birds too much. I also wouldn't have a frog. I like snakes and most other reptiles, but no--no frogs. URRRGGGH.
    I am not pissed off, but don't underestimate a birds' intelligence. Parrots. Crows. They are smarter than any dog or cat.

Frogs...I like them in our garden. I love frogs and toads. Former landlady of ours was a toad, but that's another story.

Have to admit that I don't much care for garter snakes -- they reek!

I like certain types of birds, particularly the larger ones. I'd love to have an Eclectus one day, but they seem to be an even bigger commitment than children considering they live 30-50 years. At the moment I cannot provide them with the proper living environment. Oh, and I wouldn't want to live too close to anyone because I think it would be rude to subject my neighbors to all the squawking.

i can't think of any animals i really hate other than bugs and even then, only if they fly around my head making noise.

but there are certain breeds of dog and cat i don't like, like persian cats or yorkies (their hair always looks dirty to me, and they're yappy, and all the yorkies i've met have been spoiled and neurotic) but i love cats and dogs in general.

i like birds but wouldn't have one as a pet. i also don't get the point of fish. i like visiting aquariums but the idea of having a fish tank at home has never really appealed to me.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 8th, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Add me to the anti-bird list. When I first left home and moved into a shared house one of the girls there had a budgie that was allowed to fly free most of the time and I grew to hate it with a burning passion. It was noisy, messy and a pain in the arse. Amongst it's more annoying habits was when it would attempt to crash land in any food that it could and help himself. Even taking a plate of something from the kitchen to your bedroom meant dodging and swatting the little green snotball.

I wasn't the only one who hated this bird and by the time we all went our separate ways there had been an underhanded campaign against it. Windows were deliberately left open and attempts were made to encourage the local bruiser of a tomcat to start coming in and making himself at home, but that only led to the loss of some fresh chicken breasts when he decided to help himself to the wrong damn bird. The budgie lived to a ripe old age.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I would draw the line at spiders. I just love animals-cats,dogs,horses,cows. Doesn't matter.
    I do think it would be hard to love a snake.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

but there are certain breeds of dog and cat i don't like, like persian cats or yorkies (their hair always looks dirty to me, and they're yappy, and all the yorkie's i've met have been spoiled and neurotic) but i love cats and dogs in general.
    I've known four different yorkies and can't stand every one of them. I'm like you in that I love dogs in general ... but yorkies.... man, that's one breed I don't like. I think it's the only breed too. I'm not too keen on toy and miniature poodles, but even they still aren't as annoying.

I loathe birds. My son begged me once to buy him a Quaker parrot. The thing wouldn't shut up - ever. All it ever did was squawk all day long. When we first had him, his wings had been clipped so he couldn't fly around, but thinking that was (initially) cruel, we allowed them to grow in. The piece of shit took to flying and shitting all over the house and loved flying into your face to attack. I don't think we had that stupid thing more than a couple months before I sold it.

I like cats and have always had them (have two now) but I don't think I will ever get another after these 2 pass away. One is 15 and the other is 12. I lost two others this year, one that I had for 21 years and the other 17.

I am totally a dog person. Own 3 and am a foster mother to 4. Although I love dogs, I didn't realize until I started fostering that I am not a fan of BIG dogs - at least not in my home, especially long haired ones like the Newfoundland and the Great Pyrenees. Way too much fur and way too much shit to pick up. Hells no. I am a small dog person.

i would never own a bird. i feed the wild birds, but i wouldn't want one in my house.

Rats, Mice and snakes are out. I love every other animal.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Bugs are out. Completely. I completely hate them! I am not adverse to reptiles, even snakes though I have never had anything more exotic than a turtle. Yes to guinea pigs and hamsters but hell no to rats and mice. Wouldn't want a rabbit because I eat rabbit so I would probably have to stop eating them. Also they are such crap machines!

I don't get the point of fish. So boring! And I am meh on birds. Don't hate them, don't love them, have never owned anything more than canaries and don't really care to.

And as much as I love dogs I don't think I could ever share my life with a dog again. Too needy. I am totally a cat person.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information