Thread: Our Spanky:(

Default Our Spanky:(

Our little female budgie, Spanky, is very ill and quite honestly, Mr. Pip and I do not know how long she is going to hold on.

The feathers around her head are spiked, and her eyes look almost weary and fed up. Spanky is our first adopted budgie from the SPCA and when she came to us, we had no idea how old she was.

She is a wonderful ol' gal...chittering and blustering the other budgies to the end...except for now. She likes to sit on a lamp in our living room by herself to absorb the light bulb's heat during the afternoon/evening.

Earlier today, she sat alone in the room I'm typing in, perched on the windowsill, absorbing the sun.

Every five minutes, Mr. Pip bursts in. "Aren't you upset? We're about to lose our old girl!"

Look, you old fart, I regard loss as such in a different manner. Stop being so melodramatic about things and let me cope with what is going to happen in my own way. Stay the fuck out the bird room.

If I combined Lyrica with street amphetamines and yapped all the time, maybe I'd feel differently.

But I don't, and I don't.

I hope it turns out ok, Pippin. I am sorry she's feeling poorly. Maybe she's just in a funk. I'll hold out hope. I know (oh, how well I know) how hard it is to lose a much beloved pet. I'll be thinking of you and your budgie.

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. I hope the best for our girl, but I don't think that she's going to be with us for much longer.

Guess what? I believe strongly in another life when one passes; people and/or animals exit this planet, which I often refer to as the "prison planet" or "the warrior planet" and they go on to another better plane/dimension.

Our girl Spanky dearly loved our late Mott The Hoople, who was our late tomato-faced lovebird. Oh, she was in love with that bird. He disregarded her completely, though, as he had one love, and that was me.

When she passes, she will see Hoople again! People often look skyward when feeling or sensing a loved one is near, but that is not the case. Loved ones are hovering directly behind you, guiding and loving you...I swear!

What it might be like in the tenth dimension. Surely you have seen this?

Hugs to you, Pip, and safe passage to Spanky (wherever she goes).
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

more amphetamines
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Truly words to live by.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Thread Information