Thread: Batten down the hatches! Donald flies in!

Default Batten down the hatches! Donald flies in!

This is our last, last rescue bird, I'm serious.

When I was holed up in the medical ward of a local hospital this past June suffering from pneumonia (seventeen lo-o-o-ng days, my gentle readers!) Mr. Pip and I used to talk on the phone daily, sometimes twice, and we both hate yammering on the phone.

He kept telling me that he had a surprise for me when I returned home. I couldn't think of what it might be. I like antiques and old wooden furniture a lot, so I thought that maybe he glommed an article of furniture for me. In fact, I like antique furniture so much that I even incorporated it into a name that I use to bait 419-type scammers, another hobby of mine while I'm not here blathering. I used the name "Anne Teeque" on a lot of my baits.

When I was finally released from the hospital, I couldn't wait to get home to see what the surprise was. I'd heard about it every day!

It wasn't an Anne Teeque table or furniture.

Mr. Pip had me look at a cockatiel who was perched on his shoulder. "Hasn't Reggie mellowed out, don't you notice?" he asked.

"I can't believe it! How could you tame that belligerent bird in less than a month!" I answered, not believing what I was seeing.

"This isn't Reggie," Mr. Pip replied. "This is Donald."

"Donald Trump!" I shrieked.

Yet another rescue bird...now Donald is ultra-special. He really is. A friend of ours noticed Donald sitting on his back balcony in an area of Lachine (island of Montreal) and went to offer Donald a bit of bread. Donald hopped right to his shoulder to accept it; he must have been starving.

Donald is a young male cockatiel and is as friendly and as loving as our Reggie can be nasty. He's incredible. He loves Mr. Pip with a passion, but then he loves everyone who will whistle with him. He has learned all sorts of tunes from us, and he makes up his own songs as well.

I checked online and in local rags to see if anyone had reported a missing cockatiel as Donald is so friendly and loves people so much, but I found nothing. So now he's at The BirdBrainz household enjoying life.

Our Reggie has come a long way. He's only anatagonistic when he and Chloe don't have eggs. Other than that, he's becoming the perfect gentleman, he really is. All he needed was time, patience and understanding...which he taught us.

Mr. Turkle, the old bag lover, will have none of the tiels or our budgies. If any one of those birds comes close to me while he is there, his body thins out and he dashes at the offending bird like a mongoose, with his beak opened in a threatening way. Lovebirds are very feisty and territorial...what can I say? The tiels bolt!

Even Miss Chloe aka "Big Mama Meat" hightails it when Mr. Turkle's on the warpath, and she's our biggest and heaviest bird!

We are up to nine birds now...I keep telling all and sundry that our nest is full...but who knows?

I've told Mr. Pip on more than one occasion that we should camp across the street in a tent by the riverbank and let our birds have our house!

Christmas gift! Thank you,Pippin or Anne Teeque. You always make me smile.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thank you for saying that, McJag. I appreciate it. I like to make people smile, and better yet, laugh a little.

I'm a little nervous about something, so I'm going to hop on over to the Advice Section, not so much for advice but for reassurance. Don't worry, no long blathering posts about Boris, his wife, oxycondin, etc.

Like Ashton Kutcher and Paris Hilton, it's done.

Donald sends you a 'wolf whistle' and his rendition of "Na na na NA na!"

Great story, Pip! Good to know I'm not the only soft-heart to rescue animals.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Boris has a wife? Boris isn't married to Pip, or at least i didn't think so
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information