Thread: Little White Chihuahua Thrown On Highway...Happy Ending, Though

Default Little White Chihuahua Thrown On Highway...Happy Ending, Though

If this story didn't have a happy ending, I would not be posting it.

Mr. Pip and I moved from the island of Montreal, as you may or may not know, and now live off-island where people are much friendlier than they are in the city. It's like Mayberry over here by comparison, not that I'm complaining.

There's a gal who lives on our street, further up. She has a dog of undetermined parentage; I guess him as being part pug and part terrier of some sort; he's small to medium in size and he is stocky, and he has a very mellow disposition. Mr. Pip and I talk to his 'mother' all the time.

We saw her earlier this morning, walking Mr. Undetermined and she had a tiny little white chihuahua in tow. The dog is all white, save for one or two patches on her body.

Sometimes Julie babysits dogs, so I asked her if she was babysitting the little white dog. I approached the dog, who strained at the leash to greet me and she hopped up all over me, licking my hand furiously. Never knew that chihuahuas were so friendly, but this little dog was affection personified.

As soon as Mr. Pip and the famous Boris stepped out to see her, she strained at the leash to get to them, too, to kiss them. What a sweetie!

Julie told me that she'd adopted the little dog from a local shelter -- way to go, Julie! The dog was found abandoned on a local highway, can you imagine, with cars whizzing by at terrific speeds? What sort of a monster would do that to a poor little defenseless dog? I was just horrified.

God, if you don't like the animal who shares your home, do the humane thing and bring the unwanted pet to a shelter, don't abandon the poor creature by the side of a busy highway. Abandon yourself there instead!

*shakes head* I hope that whatever specimen of 'humanity' did this one day gets paid back in kind...sorry, edit that. I hope the monster gets paid back double. I like to tell myself that I'm not a vengeful type, but that would be a lie.

Quebec's laws regarding animal abuse are archaic. We are the puppy mill center of North America. It's shameful.

The little white chihuahua, whose name is "Boo Boo", BTW, has absolutely got it made with Julie. What a lucky and deserving doggie!
    Last edited by Pippin; December 4th, 2011 at 06:30 PM.

What a nice ending for the chihuahua. I agree, if you don't want your pet take it to a shelter. I can't understand how anyone can hurt an animal.

I can't, either. I don't get it at all.

Once years ago an ex adopted a dog from the SPCA and it didn't work out because the dog, for whatever reason, was a vicious animal and he bit me on my upper lip once. I still have the scar.

He was part dalmation and part something else...we didn't know his parentage or his background.

We took him back to the SPCA. I don't know what became of him, but I never thought to strike him back or hurt him after he bit me.

Dogs get dumped out side of town here all the time. Mercifully, people grab them up and post them on Craigslist for nice homes.
    Dogs are so important to all of us. That makes it hard to understand.
    Not all are tossed aside, there are always runaway doggies that get lost.

Oh, Pippin, thank you for putting happy ending in the title. I have resolved not to click on sad pet stories anymore. They make me sad for hours.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I can't stand to hear of any living being in trouble at all. Next to birds, dogs are my favourite animals and I will never forget the Heinz 57 I had when I was a hen (teenager). He was smart as a whip, and he was so sensitive.

If my father, mother or I happened to be upset, Nikko knew instantly despite our seeming lack out outward display, and he'd immediately come over to comfort someone who was feeling a bit blue.

All too often, I'd be feeling a bit wrecked and then I'd feel something on my lap. A pair of paws, Nikko's forepaws, and then I'd see his sweet face looking at me with genuine concern in his brown eyes. I loved him half to death.

That's one thing about a dog's eyes. They are brown pools of soul, feeling and compassion. Mr. Pip and I discussed rescuing a dog, but decided that it wouldn't be right as we have so many birds.

We are happy to love the neighbourhood dogs, though.

"All animals wearing fur, feathers or scales are angels. Birds are special angels. They already have their wings."

A friend of mine had a similar incident here in Houston. She was driving on I-10, which in this area has something like 12 lanes of traffic (not even including the HOV and access lanes). She spotted a mid-size white dog that looked like some sort of husky mix, cowering by an exit ramp, attempting to cross but then cowering in fear as cars whizzed by it. The driver of the car in front of her honked as it drove by the dog, startling it and causing it to freeze in terror. Worried that the dog would be hit, my friend got into the right lane and exited at the next exit so that she could make a U-Turn and pick him up, but when she returned, someone else was already collecting him (not its original owner). It's good to know at least that there are people who will help an animal stranded on a busy road.

I often wonder if this can happen when people let dogs ride in the back of a pickup truck or in the back seat with all of the windows open. Do they jump from the car? It always worries me when I see a dog riding in the back of a truck.

As a foster mother to many dogs, I can tell you that many people simply toss unwanted dogs out of their windows, or pull over and push them out of their cars and drive away without a care in the world as to what happens to the dog.

Thread Information