Thread: Dozen puppies rescued from recycling bin after being 'thrown out like the rubbish'

Angry Dozen puppies rescued from recycling bin after being 'thrown out like the rubbish'

How could they? Dozen sad puppies found in recycling bin after cruel owner 'throws them out like rubbish'

Last updated at 7:32 AM on 26th July 2011
    A dozen innocent puppies were 'thrown out like the rubbish' by a cruel owner who piled them into a recycling bin and left them to die.

The five-week-old Staffordshire Bull Terriers were dumped on the roadside just outside the Welsh city of Swansea and left out overnight just like any other waste.

These puppies spent the night in the plastic crate usually reserved for glass, paper and plastic, but luckily they were too weak to climb out and wander into the traffic.

Abandoned: The 12 puppies were discovered 'thrown out with the rubbish' by the roadside on the outskirts of Swansea

The next morning they were found by passers-by and then taken to an animal rescue centre just half-a-mile away.

Animal shelter manager Laura Simpson said: 'They were in a bad way after being packed into the bin like sardines.

'It is staggering that someone could just put them out like the rubbish.
    'We have treated them with emergency fluids and antibiotics - all 12 have bounced back.'

Recycled: The puppies are safe and well, but their cruel owner left them too weak to even get out of the box

Vets had their work cut out - tending the 12 Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross pups one-by one.

They had been ill-treated from birth, were badly dehydrated and in need of some tender loving care.

Police are investigating the doggy discovery on the roadside at Penllergaer, near Swansea.

But staff at the Llys Nini Animal Rescue centre in the city say all 12 will survive - and they will be free to good homes once their strength has built up.

Animal welfare workers fear more pets will be dumped as the economic squeeze means people can no longer afford to feed them.

But Laura said: 'If the owners were struggling, they should have brought them to us, not abandoned them.'

The pups - who have not been named yet - will be put up for adoption in three weeks.

Saved: The abandoned puppies were dumped on the roadside in a recycling bin and left to die

How could they? Dozen sad puppies found in recycling bin after cruel owner 'throws them out like rubbish' | Mail Online

Anyone who could do something like this is a sick and should be set on fire and left to die for punishment.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Silver Member

Smile

i want all of them
    i would name the little boys after oded fehr, jason statham, jon hamm, eric bana

They're adorable. They'll be placed in good homes - how can you resist those faces?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

What monster did that? Poor pups.
    I hope they get great homes.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

I get the feeling, that being tossed out, was a blessing in disguise. That is two or three litters worth of puppies, all that were five weeks old. They must have came from a puppy mill, dogfighting place, or some other unsavory place.

Poor babes, they are adorable

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I get the feeling, that being tossed out, was a blessing in disguise. That is two or three litters worth of puppies, all that were five weeks old. They must have came from a puppy mill, dogfighting place, or some other unsavory place.
    Oh.my.god! They are too cute! And Boogs, you're probably right on.

Thread Information