Thread: Chihuahua Chases Armed Robbers Out Of California Shop

Default Chihuahua Chases Armed Robbers Out Of California Shop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyHeM4KGXxA&feature=player_embedded

Two gun-toting masked robbers who stormed into a south California cigar store were scared off by a 10-pound Chihuahua named Paco, who chased them outside.
    The daring feat for the pint-sized dog was caught on surveillance video at the Ace Smoke Shop in Altadena, near Los Angeles.
    'I was shocked to see what he did, especially running across the street was amazing,' the shop's owner, Eric Knight, said as a sleepy Paco rested on his knee.

Pint-sized guard dog: A Chihuahua named Paco is being hailed a hero after defending a southern California cigar shop from a pair of gun-wielding robbers

No fear: With his fierce bark and snapping jaws, Paco chased the crooks out of his neighbourhood store

Mr Knight wasn't in the store at the time of the robbery, but he watched Paco's courageous attack on the tape. It caused even the investigating police officers to chuckle.
    At hearing the robbers yell, 'Give me the money. Hurry up,' Paco began barking ferociously.
    Showing no fear, the daring dog then leaped onto a robber's leg. The thieving duo backed away, visibly scared.
    Disoriented, the robber carrying the shotgun began swinging the barrel around aimlessly.

The crime-fighting pooch has long been known among residents and business owners as a laid-back community mascot.

The other bandit shoved his accomplice back into the store, yelling 'get the bag.'
    The two then ran out, with Paco nipping at their heels. Paco was on their tail, chasing them all the way across the street.
    The armed robbers managed to take $200 from the store, but Mr Knight is more concerned about Paco, whom the robbers briefly aimed their gun at.

'It just kind of sent a chill down my back,' he told ABC News.
    Paco, a rescue dog, was adopted a few years ago by a local man.
    He is well-known in the normally low-crime neighbourhood as a good-natured animal that likes to wander around area businesses, including a bar that has a bed set up for him.
    'He's very easy to get along with,' Mr Knight said. 'He's friendly.'
    Community members were surprised to learn of the pooch's heroics.
    'I was shocked because normally he's really laid back,' a neighbour, Cecil Griffin. 'He's just sitting back, taking it easy.
    'I told his owner, "Hey, he's finally earning his keep. We've been feeding him all this time. He's not going to let anyone mess up his home."'
    Mr Knight said he's considering getting the mascot-turned-guard dog a superhero's cape befitting the canine crime fighter.
    'I suggest everybody rescue a dog from the pound,' he said. 'You never know when you're going to need him.'

Read more: Paco the chihuahua thwarts armed bandits by attacking, chasing them out of cigar shop | Mail Online

LOVE PACO! Chicken shit robbers

What a great story!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Lol! That's hilarious. Good for Paco.

I think most dogs try to protect their owners/territory when they recognise a threat: My dog was the most placid and friendly dog but one night, when I was little, a random drunk guy tried to kick our front door down (long story). My mum said that my dog immediately went nuts and was ferociously snarling and barking at the door until he went away. Having said that, the drunk guy's actions were quite overtly threatening. I think if a thief had snuck in quietly, she'd probably have tried to cuddle them to death!
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Paco is awesome!!!! Such a fierce little fella!

Thread Information