Thread: Hey, Give Me Back My Fucking Dog

Default Hey, Give Me Back My Fucking Dog

Hey, Give Me Back My Fucking Dog

Posted by Megan Seling on Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Early in the morning of Monday, July 4th, a cute toy fox terrier named Benny, spooked by all the fireworks going off in his Wallingford neighborhood, jumped over the fence in his yard. He wasn't wearing his collar at the time. His owner, Mel Weipert, has been plastering the city with flyers ever since. But now Weipert says he knows who has his dogóshe just won't give him back. "I called her twice, I e-mailed her twice," Weipert said when reached by phone. "I said 'thank you for finding my dog' and that I've got a cash reward for her."
    It was Tuesday night, July 5th, that Weipert got the good news: Several people saw a dog that looked exactly like Benny with local pop performer Lisa Dank at a party. According to Weipert, who had friends at that party, Dank said that she found the dog earlier that day. (I tried to reach Dank for confirmation but she hasn't returned my calls.)
    Also on Tuesday, earlier in the day, Jennifer Petersen of Sportn' Life Records saw Dank walking downtown with the Benny look-alike.
    "She said she found him outside the Hurricane at 4 am and it was meant to be," says Petersen. "I don't believe she knew at the time that Benny's owner was looking for him. Honestly, you could tell by the look of him that he was owned by someone who cares. Regardless she named him 'Musket' and went about her way."
    "On Thursday," Petersen continues, "I found out through a friend and co-worker at KEXP that the dog's owner was frantic and looking for him and that Lisa had basically refused to give the dog back. Sending texts saying she isn't returning the dog. Stating it was kismet. I decided to help Mel and blast her first personally to see if she responded, which she didn't, so I took to Facebook."
    It appears to Weipert, and those who have contacted Dank, that Dank is unwilling to give the dog up, or even ensure it isn't the same pet Weipert has lovingly raised for the last two-and-a-half years. Weipert hasn't been able to verify in person that the dog is his because, he says, Dank hasn't responded to phone calls, emails, Facebook messages, or Twitter messages left for her over the last four days. In fact, Weipert says she's deleted any Benny-related messages Weipert and his friends have posted on her Facebook wall. (Again, I tried to contact Dank for her side of the story but she hasn't returned calls or emails from me for comment.)
    After he didn't hear back from Dank, he also called the police.
    "They called the number I had for her and she didnít answer," he says. "They reported to me that they left a message saying you need to get the dog back to the rightful owner or face criminal charges."
    That was at about 6:00 p.m. last night. Weipert says there's still no word from Dank.
    Weipert is glad the dog is safe, but he wants Benny back. "I told her, I can see why you fell in love with him, but Iíve got to have my doggy back. Iím going crazy."

source: Hey, Give Me Back My Fucking Dog | Slog

Lisa Dank Responds (Re: Hey, Give Me Back My Fucking Dog)

Posted by Megan Seling on Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Lisa Dank just responded to the e-mail I sent her this morning, regarding the accusations that she was refusing to return the lost dog she found earlier this week.
    After the booker at the Comet threatened to cancel Dank's appearance at the club tonight if she didn't return the dog, Dank tells me she will be meeting the owner in about an hour to give the dog back.
    She says "perhaps the population would like to hear what actually happened," so her full response as to why she held on to the dog as log as she did is after the jump.
    Hey megan,
    Before I give this guy mel his dog back, perhaps the population would like to hear what actually happened that landed this dog in my arms.
    On the eve of 4th of July my boyfriend and I set out on a long walk from Capitol Hill to Gasworks park so that I could erect a wheatpaste for the 4th. By the time we got there and finished the paste it was about 4 in the morning.
    The moment we finished the paste, like a bat out of hell ran this little beast. He was running full speed (which is fast) to nowhere. He saw us and ran up to us-He was freezing cold and terrified. He had no collar on, we had to take him home. So we zipped him up into our jacket and walked home. He slept like an angel in the crux of my knee all night. The next morning was 4th of July and we both had to work so along came the dog. He had a breakfast of Mud Bay wet dog food, chilled on my lap at work, then kicked it all night.
    He was quiet as a lamb during the fireworks.
    Since finding him this dog will not let me leave his sight. I literally cannot go to the bathroom without him getting out of bed and following me. Everyone we meet because obviously he's been going everywhere with me keeps commenting on how much the dog loves me. Weird right?
    Why have I not given the dog back to his rightful owner? Because I fear for the dog.
    This dog is 2.5 years old and still has his balls on, his nails aren't clipped, he isn't tagged. He had diarrhea and kept sneezing. We have gone to the dog park for at least an hour every day since he found me and he is so poorly, inappropriately behaved with the other dogs. I really want to know what the hell this guy mel is doing with his dog! Why did he run away?
    Mel sent me an email with embarrassing usage of quotation marks instead or apostrophes and spelled "Capitol Hill" "Capital Hill" which showed me this guy is somewhat of a moron and probably shouldn't own pets.
    Then he sent me another saying the fireworks scared him, but there were no fireworks on the 3rd of July. He watched fireworks with us and didn't flinch. So now to me he is a liar. I don't trust this guy.
    This dog is absolutely in love with me. If I didn't feel so strongly for this creature I wouldn't be putting my life and reputation on the line for it.
    I spent all day yesterday on google scholar researching case studies regarding disputes such as this. Of course, common law is against my favor. It was worth a try.
    I fucking love this dog and pray for him because I under no circumstances believe Mel is a fit owner. I am so afraid of what this guy is doing to this dog.
    That said, I guess there is a warrant out for my arrest.
    Bummer.
    I'm meeting with Mel in an hour to give him back.
    I hope everyone is happy now.
    I love Musket. That's all.
    I hope that helps.
    Dank
    Dank also just posted this to Twitter:

A day ago, she also posted this:

Update 8:03: Mel, the dog's owner, just e-mailed to say that Lisa has returned the dog. Welcome home, Benny!
    source:Lisa Dank Responds (Re: Hey, Give Me Back My Fucking Dog) | Slog

other gems from her twitter(newest to oldest comments):
    Looks like I will be rollin with a giant chunk of celestite for protection tonight in case any of these threats are legit. Holy shit.

Damn. Sooooo much hate mail!!! I could write an album off this shit!

Thank u to everyone that called me a crazy bitch, stupid cunt, dumb whore, slut etc. ur insults helped to make a dream come true.

@ryanhealy have you ever felt so hated? I think it would make more people happy.

Alright guys. Ritual suicide at 12 midnight. The Comet.

Would everyone be happy if I just killed myself? Who wants me to commit suicide tonight?

I love my life. I don't care.

And don't you know you just gave me hella power? Eat a dick mutherfuckers.

In case u were wondering, the dog is back with his pervert moron owner and I go on at midnight if you want to come call me a cunt to my face

what a charming and lovely person she is.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I had no idea poor spelling indicated poor dog owner.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What an obnoxious loser that woman is. I bet she's getting a lot of hate mail.

ah, another Twitter account I can follow!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

KD
    Elite Member

His dog but should have his dog neutered and chipped and or tagged.

It might very well be chipped. I don't think she took it anywhere to check.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

KD
    Elite Member

True but it wasn't tagged and it should have been, def should have been neutered. But yeah, you don't just get to keep a dog because you feel like it.

I'll bet he tags it now.

Chick sounds like a total bitch

Wow, she called him a pervert because he can't spell? And she then goes on to say "ur" instead of "your" which should attract the death penalty.

And the little guy escaped from home so I can understand why he wasn't tagged. I know dogs whose collars come off as soon as they're back from walkies.

I don't think she gets to decide whether he's good to his dog or not. It's his business if he decides not to neuter his dog (eventhough that is stupid) and the dog could have diarrhea because of stress. If she's so worried about the dog's well-being, she should just give the dog back and then contact the animal police or whatever to go check on the dog to see if he's well cared for.

There are reasons people don't neuter. Maybe he intended to breed the dog. She sounds like a bitch.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The bitch is getting exactly what she deserves.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

There are so many things to comment on about this, I don't even know where to begin.

But seriously, this girl sounds like a self entitled bitch. Who is she to decide who is or isn't a good pet owner, who is she to think she can just keep something she KNOWS isn't hers?

And nothing irritates me more than people in spot light just shoot back nonsense over Twitter or Facebook, you're just asking for it.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Obnoxious cunt!

Yes, she sounds kind of bitchy. But because of being active in animal rescue and having to constantly deal with the misery caused by irresponsible assholes, I despise people who are not good, licensed breeders and still don't spay/neuter. Because of stupid fuckers like him, the pet overpopulation is beyond belief. And I don't care about his fucking rights, fuck him and everyone else who doesn't spay/neuter and lets their pets run off and pro-create without giving a shit. /rant
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information