Thread: Dog allergic to grass gets special boots‎

Default Dog allergic to grass gets special boots‎

When it's time for walkies in the Domanic household, instead of pawing away at the front door, Jack Russell Terrier Jaxs rushes off to pick up his booties.
    The beloved pet has to be dressed in specially made boots to protect his delicate paws because of his unfortunate allergy.
    Eight-year-old Jaxs suffers a painful reaction if he comes into contact with even a single blade of grass.

Jump for joy: Little Jaxs has become very attached to the boots, which are made of canvas and attached using velcro

The allergy causes huge clumps of fur to fall out and leaves Jaxs suffering huge sores on his sensitive paws.
    But Jaxs' life was transformed after a vet suggested his owner Maria Domanic, 59, fit him out in 'doggy boots'.
    The care worker from Kingsbridge, Devon, said: 'He absolutely loves the boots. Initially he was a little tentative but over time he's become very protective of them.

Booties for walkies: Eight-year-old Jaxs suffers a painful reaction if he comes into contact with even a single blade of grass

Happy at last: Maria Dominic with Terrier Jaxs

'I never really put two and two together with the allergy.
    'One day, I took him to the vets and had him tested, which showed he was allergic to grass, as well as milk, protein and oats.
    'He's so happy to finally be able to run around the field with other dogs.
    'The allergy proves very painful for him and he would sometimes gnaw at his paws after walks.'
    Jaxs has become very attached to the boots, which are made of canvas and attached using velcro.

But Maria admits she does get some odd looks and comments from fellow dog walkers.
    She said: 'As soon as I got the lead he runs off and gets his boots and if another dog comes round or anyone tries to pick them up he will run off and protect them.
    'He even sleeps with them in his basket. I've had a few people make some odd comments branding me "cruel" and "disgusting" for dressing him up in clothes.
    'I have to explain it's for his own good and not some fashion statement I'm trying to make.'

Read more: These boots are made for running: Jaxs the terrier allergic to grass tries out his new shoes | Mail Online

What the heck is up with British grass that all these stories of animals with grass allergies have been coming out of late?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

^^^
    also, why is it even news?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

that too
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Awww, he looks so happy to be having fun running through the grass. He's adorable.

I think he just likes wearing the latest trends. He's so happy!

Thread Information