Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yoda the Chihuahua is crowned the World's Ugliest Dog‎

Default Yoda the Chihuahua is crowned the World's Ugliest Dog‎

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    And it definitely seems to be the case with this pooch who was kissed and cuddled by her owner as she bagged the title of the World's Ugliest Dog.
    In the dog-eat-dog world of contests Yoda managed to wow judges at a Northern Californian fair on Friday with her short tufts of hair, protruding tongue and long hairless legs.

Best paw forward: Yoda was a first-time entrant and beat fierce competition for the title of the World's Ugliest Dog

Who's a pretty girl: Nicole Schumacher coos over her dog Yoda at the competition in North California

Thirsty work: Yoda takes a breather during the competition which was hosted at the Sonoma-Marin Fair

The 14-year-old Chinese-crested Chihuahua mix has come a long way since since was found behind a block of flats by Nicole Schumacher.
    Originally frightened out of her wits and under the impression the mangy-looking mutt was a rat she almost ran a mile.

Close but not close enough: Ghada Marta proudly shows off her dog, Handsome Hector who can't help but stick his tongue out
    It must be love: One of the better-looking contests in the ugliest dog competition is given a cuddle by his owner

But on closer inspection she soon discovered it was an abandoned dog in need of a good home and quickly took her in.

While it certainly isn't the type of competition most people would want to enter their hounds into most of the dogs were keen to prove that ugly is the new good-looking and paraded around, proudly showing off their protruding tongues, buck teeth and hairless bodies.

Robbed of the title: This unfortunate looking one-eyed pug was beaten Yoda, who is definitely easier on the eye

Feeling rather ruff today: He might not be the best-looking but his owner is certainly proud

Competiton at the Sonoma-Marin Fair was fierce and included last year's winner, a one-eyed Chihuahua named Princess Abby.
    Another regular at the competition was also Handsome Hectar who even has his own Facebook page and a blog which is regularly updated by owner Ghada Marta.
    Chihuahua's appear to be firm favourites for the title of the ugliest dog as a pedigree Chinese crested won in 2008 and another Chinese crested and Chihuahua mix was named the ugliest in 2007.

Matching accessory: This dog has a striking resemblance to his loving owner who is clearly proud of his hairless mutt

What you looking at: This pooch smiled broadly for the cameras but unfortunately it wasn't enough to impress the judges

Jealousy makes you nasty: Yoda is confronted by another dog who was clearly green with envy after she bagged the title

Pretty in pink: Unfortunately this ugly mutt didn't have what it takes to win despite showing only a few tufts of hair

Read more: She's a bit ruff! Chinese-crested Chihuahua mix wins the World's Ugliest Dog title | Mail Online

Was thinking Yoda was actually sort of cute until the last pic of him with the other dog. And the last dog looks like a little aardvark or a goat lol!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Hey-at least this dogs are well loved!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I love the one eyed dog. They all have looks that only a mama could love.

He probably lost all or most of the teeth in his lower jaw, causing it to shrink. That's why he can't close his mouth.

Some of these dogs look the way they do because of neglect and lack of medical care, which is a shame.

The one eyed pug was robbed!
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Owner of the one-eyed pug looks like Jack Nicholson!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I think it's a woman.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Aw, they're all adorable to me.

If Walmart had a pet store, these are the dogs that would be shopping in it.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    Some of these dogs look the way they do because of neglect and lack of medical care, which is a shame.
    I was just thinking the one-eyed pug looked like that eye wasn't getting needed help.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

i love the world's ugliest dog contest. best dog show ever.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

They should create separate categories for breeds or something cuz the Chinese Crested types always seem to win. Unfair advantage it seems to me though the ones that win are quite ugly.

Still cuter than an ugly people contest any day.

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    I was just thinking the one-eyed pug looked like that eye wasn't getting needed help.
    That was exactly my thought! If they don't take care of that other eye, he's gonna be the no-eyed pug. And his poor nose!! The cracked nose problem can be treated, my one puggie had it and we used vitamin e on it every day....it can be painful for them untreated, and bacteria can flourish in the cracks according to my vet.

I kinda wanna punch the owner's stupid smiling face cause from those pictures I don't think she's treating her dog well....
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information