Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cute live "chesnuts"

Smile Cute live "chesnuts"

"Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Re: Cute live "chesnuts"

Aww, prickly lil' things!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Silver Member

We found a nest of 6 hedghogs outside our house 5 years ago. They were looking for mum, and they'd been abandoned one way or another. It was so beautiful, the tiniest one's spines were so soft it was like stroking fur.

Note if you're going to hand rear hedghehogs...they stink!!!

Aww so you raised little hedgehogs Rogue? That's so sweet of you! They look so cute I prolly wouldn't mind the smell...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

When I was a kid we sometimes had hedgehogs in our garden, once we had one that was ill I think, so I went on the hunt for yummy juicy slugs and brought them to him/her. It lasted maybe a week and I swear the little beast acted like it was grateful
    Then it got better and went away.
    morons.org

Wow, I had no idea they eat slugs...
    I can imagine cute little Barbie looking for slugs in her garden for her spikey little friend.
    Warm fuzzies

They're so adorable. One of my favourite stuffed animals was/is a hedgehog, Moustache
    morons.org

Have you ever had one of these Hedgehog chocolate truffles?

These are quite popular here in Vancouver.

http://www.brusselschocolates.com/index.htm

http://www.purdys.com/dept.asp?depti...F0L&PriceCat=1&

Mmm, hazelnut

Tooooo cute, I had never seen them like this!

We had a hedgehog a few years ago but he died. Sonic was his name, my son named him. Took him to the vet and celebrated his birthday. He had a very very nice hedgehog condo. He was very spoiled and loved it. I loved his pink little feet and black little nose. I miss him so much, makes me sad but he is in heaven running free.

They are so sweet! I found a hedhehog outside my house once I captured it (because it was right next to a bus way! ) fed it some dog food (I heard they like it!) Then set it free in the woods, far away from any roads.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Silver Member

Dog food's ok in very little amounts, but generally it' too rich for their stomachs. Hedgehogs really are a good friend to organic gardeners, as they eat slugs worms and other little bugs; for our brood we bought live worms that you buy from a fishing accessories shop. It was pretty gross handing down these wiggly red worms, but they loved them. and oh yeah, the worms stunk of shit.

But yes we had 6 hedgehogs, the littlest one was attacked by the dominant sibling and died in myhand, on my 16th birthday (poor little thing). We kept them all for about a month, until they had their full spines and were getting too big for the box, and then bought a little hedgehog house as a halfway house.

Over here there's a hedgehog rescue centre called Miss Tiggywinks (as in Tiggwink from the Beatrice Potter books) that will save hedgehogs and rehome them. They never llowed us, as we only had a wooden fence, not brick wall, and pond (that we kept covered with mesh because the squirrels got indignant when they fell in and we laughed) and a dog (who, daft as he could be, learned not to try and play with the hedgehogs too much after one spike his nose. Bless him, Sooty was like a father to those hedgehogs for a while, we'd let them run around the house, and he'd herd them a little bit, keep them away from gaps in the skirting and things like that.

I tend to pick up strays a lot; birds with broken wings, baby pigeons and collared doves, a bat with a broken wing, Sooty was the run of his litter and about to die when I picked him out, our cat Lily turned up 3 years ago when she decided her home wasn't looking after her properly, gerbils and hamsters that have escaped...the list goes on and on.... I'm just a bit of a soft touch

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom
    We had a hedgehog a few years ago but he died. Sonic was his name, my son named him. Took him to the vet and celebrated his birthday. He had a very very nice hedgehog condo. He was very spoiled and loved it. I loved his pink little feet and black little nose. I miss him so much, makes me sad but he is in heaven running free.
    We had one too - he lived five or six years. I loved him, but wasn't the whole "self-anointing" thing gross? Ours would lick dog poop and self-anoint it in foam form onto his back.

Tmi!!!! :p
    morons.org

We had one when I lived in Luxembourg. It was a baby, I guess its mother had been killed, we used to see dead ones on the road all the time. Anyway, he came into our yard, and my mother wouldn't let us bring him in the house, so we laid a cardboard box on its side on the back porch and it could come and go. We put hay in the box, and fed it with cat food, and it came and went for a long time. Then one day we realized we hadn't seen it for a while and we kind of thought it got old enough that it went off to find other hedgehogs. It was a sweet little pet, never bit us, its spines weren't sharp but rather like comb teeth. It did have fleas, though.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information