Thread: Cat Soap Opera

Default Cat Soap Opera

I have 9 rescued cats and there is always drama....

today, I spent 30 min. at Pet Smart picking out a new bed for my little Siamese baby, Simon. I brought it home, put nip and treats in it and he laid in there a few minutes to humor me, but that's about it.
    I was busy watching "Sex and the City" reruns and turned around and little Mama cat is in that bed looking so sweet. Now, what will happen is Simon will decide he wants that bed!

Do any of you have "pet dramas" like this in your homes?

Default Re: cat soap opera

Mainly over the food bowls (who gets what and why is so and so touching theirs), who gets brushed, who gets petted - but the worst is who gets to sleep on the bed. My oldest cat refuses to share. The baby is a baby, and the middle cat has a middle child syndrome.

Default Re: Cat Soap Opera

Hehe. "Drama" and "middle child syndrome" made me giggle. I find human terms attached to animals quite adorable for some reason.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Silver Member

I have two siamese cats. A young one and an older one. Of course the young one wants to play all the time but sometimes the older one doesn't want to be bothered and swears at her. She swears at me also, when she gets outside and I chase her back in the house. It's rather funny the way she carries on and gets so mad! The old one just loves my husband but the young one is my baby and loves me. I would really like to get another one but my husband says two is enough. I'm working on him.

Check out my "Brokeback Kitten" thread... I have some more photos that I am going to add. Really, it's cute, because they have a strong big brother/little brother relationship, but sometimes it looks more like something from Big Gay Al's Big Gay Animal Shelter!

We have 10 cats and 7 are Siamese, so the drama never quits. My red point Siamese got out, and I was chasing him around the house. He refused to let me catch him, but instead ran me through the bushes all afternoon. Eventually I went in, figuring he would come back if I stopped chasing him. He did, but before he did we were treated to several hours of hearing him all around the house. He has this weird meow that sounds like a rusty gate. He ran and hollered all afternoon before he finally came back in.
    Keep passing the open windows.

thank Goodness I"m not the only one with "kitty dramas!"
    I love Siamese cats. They are so smart and like humans! A few years ago, a very old Siamese male cat came to my house, almost dead. I could not find his owner. I kept him and nursed him back to health and he lived another 4 1/2 great years as the King of the house! I adored that angel with all of my heart. He was so crazy about me, too, and could even say, "Mama!" You know how Siamese talk! He was so smart, even being so old! I miss him every day. I made a nice flower garden in his honor.
    Thanks for letting me share.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati
    Hehe. "Drama" and "middle child syndrome" made me giggle. I find human terms attached to animals quite adorable for some reason.
    It really is true, though, if you pay attention to your pets' personalities. They can be so human-like!

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect
    Check out my "Brokeback Kitten" thread... I have some more photos that I am going to add. Really, it's cute, because they have a strong big brother/little brother relationship, but sometimes it looks more like something from Big Gay Al's Big Gay Animal Shelter!

Hee hee! I've GOT to check that out! sounds hilarious!

Thread Information