Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geese going for a jog

Default Geese going for a jog

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WVTG3dXuVM&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Bahahahahaaha!! Wtf? That's hilarious!

Hahaha too funny.
    Geese have no sense at all concerning cars coming at them. We have pretty good traffic jams here due to geese wandering around in the streets.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

That will set a fine example for all those chubby homeowners!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That will set a fine example for all those chubby homeowners!
    So true!

I love the slapping sounds of their feet.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I grew up with Canadian geese, they are pretty funny and they travel in big groups, but they mate for life (we had a couple we called George and Ginger who visited us every winter on their way south) and they always had this 1 asshole huge white goose who would hang with them, and they would chase my cat too hissing away!

Canadian geese around here are a huge nuisance. They ruin lawns, leave their droppings EVERYWHERE ... seriously, where I used to go to college, there was no way to make it to class without geese shit on your shoes there was so much of it. They wander around and make people veer around them because like someone said, they have no concept of traffic. There have been numerous petitions to allow them to be hunted but they are still considered a migratory bird so it's against the law, even though THEY NEVER LEAVE!

That considered, the slappy feet are too cute. I'm curious what they're doing too because I've never seen them do that around here.

We have four regular snow geese who hang in the river across the street from our house, along with what seems to be a hundred mallards.

I was out walking about three weeks ago and saw the four of 'em on a street across the river from our street. I tried to shoo them into the snowbank by the river but I couldn't. The geese are so tame that they approached me, honking. Oncoming cars were swerving to avoid us, though we weren't in the middle of the street.

Some regard flocks of geese as being a nuisance, but I love them. I think that they are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing the video with us.

Haha, they're like, "Mommyyyyyyyyy, wait up!!!!!"
    Go Habs Go!!

Pretty cute story about a goose who is in love with a man, she waits for him at the park every day. Very heart warming.
    Video - Man and Goose: An L.A. Love Story Featuring Maria the Goose - WSJ.com

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Pretty cute story about a goose who is in love with a man, she waits for him at the park every day. Very heart warming.
    Video - Man and Goose: An L.A. Love Story Featuring Maria the Goose - WSJ.com
    OMG! When she flew beside him as he was leaving, I lost it. Thank you for that!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

can anyone explain to me the damn oversized white goose that hangs out w/ the flocks of canadian geese and is an overall asshole to people and geese alike?! i hate those damn ugly things! i dont know why the canadian geese tolerate them

Alice! Don't judge a goose by its feathers.

i hated those damn rude things! they were so rude and honked and bullied and there was always just 1 that would hang out w/ the whole flock of canadians

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information